Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd August 2013, 15:04   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Blue Angel - Resurrection of my Yamaha RD350

Very nice bike Mindspeeds! Excellent work!
Iceman, let me know when your strip-it-and-put-it-back job is completed. We are due a Sunday morning ride, for old times sakes.
What mains are you running with those pipes?
Edit - got the answer!!

Last edited by Kaumad : 23rd August 2013 at 15:06.
Kaumad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2013, 15:55   #47
BHPian

Amazing journey I must say for the man and the machine.

I liked the outcome, Many Congratulations, can you also list down the cost of resurrecting your maching if you dont mind.
invincible7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 11:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
What mains are you running with those pipes?
Edit - got the answer!!
Thanks! Like I mentioned 330 and seems fine. Got the 310 and 320 just in case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Amazing journey I must say for the man and the machine.

I liked the outcome, Many Congratulations, can you also list down the cost of resurrecting your maching if you dont mind.
Thanks! To be honest I myself have not listed it out. Not too comfortable even otherwise. Let me know if there is anything in particular and I can PM you. I should have most of the details deep down in my mails
MindSpeeDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 11:50   #49
Senior - BHPian

Amazing piece of machine MindSpeeDs!! Well resurrected beast!

Personal opinion: I think it will look awesome with the decals on! Gives it a more authentic look!

Personal Request: Any video clip having its sound?? Just want to hear how that power chambers sounds like!

Congrats yet again! Ride safe.
man_of_steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 14:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Amazing piece of machine MindSpeeDs!! Well resurrected beast!

Personal opinion: I think it will look awesome with the decals on! Gives it a more authentic look!

Personal Request: Any video clip having its sound?? Just want to hear how that power chambers sounds like!

Congrats yet again! Ride safe.
Thanks! Will try out the gel sticker/yamaha logo +/or YAMAHA.

Have one video of the bike when at Antony's garage. Will try for and get a better video with better sound in the near future.

MindSpeeDs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 18:43   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindSpeeDs View Post
This thread would contain how I: got interested in the RD, owned own, was responsible for screwing one and finally, resurrected the same.

I have not a single picture of the bike before and only a few after the build (phone cam). Will share a few Work In Progress pics shared by Chuck.
MSD,

Excellent job and any experience, I can totally relate to - that is the part of owning the RD350 or the carze as Viju has rihly commented.

All the Best & Hope you get to enjoy her for good many years to come

Tough I would like to see some decals on it be careful about having only the logo - as the original Yamaha Colours of the logo may calsh with the blue on the bike. I think the line decals would be better.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 26th August 2013 at 18:49.
r_nairtvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2013, 22:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt_mustang View Post
i bought some R5 barrels from ebay 5 years ago took it hyd and left it there
are these of any use!!!
Mate,
R5 Barrels can be fitted onto the RD 350 but please do not expect it to run like a horse. The running will be very similar to a stubborn mule. One mech in Bangalore did import R5 Barrels but it just did not work. Various alterations were made but in the end he scrapped those barrels.

Remember R5 came with no reed valves hence the gap.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 03:08   #53
BHPian

[quote=MindSpeeDs;3216500]Thanks! Yes, was done in Hyd. Have no contact number but know the location (MG Road).

Did you sell the bike or was it stolen :P? he has an RD in that color. Changed the color now.
Nah. Just let me know where to collect them from!

Thanks! Good to know that you would be getting your bike back in shape. Seems like quite a few RD threads would be coming up on tbhp soon.

this is a pic of my former RD

bought it from micheal i guess the people from the hyderabad RD circle should know him.

i wasnt very satisfied with the bike and i ruined it sold it before leaving india
and now i really want one again
gt_mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 11:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
MSD,

Excellent job and any experience, I can totally relate to - that is the part of owning the RD350 or the carze as Viju has rihly commented.

All the Best & Hope you get to enjoy her for good many years to come

Tough I would like to see some decals on it be careful about having only the logo - as the original Yamaha Colours of the logo may calsh with the blue on the bike. I think the line decals would be better.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Ram, Thanks! That would also make the lighter shade in the logo stand out, right? Anyways, I will try out a couple of options for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
R5 Barrels can be fitted onto the RD 350 but please do not expect it to run like a horse. The running will be very similar to a stubborn mule. One mech in Bangalore did import R5 Barrels but it just did not work. Various alterations were made but in the end he scrapped those barrels.

Remember R5 came with no reed valves hence the gap.
R5s are known for better top end than the RDs even when done on an RD setup. Not going to be easy and will involve a bit more. Heard that the jetting can be reasonably easy though. You'd rather put them up for sale and pick RD barrels. It is tough to find someone that will do it right.

[quote=gt_mustang;3219194]
Quote:

this is a pic of my former RD

bought it from micheal i guess the people from the hyderabad RD circle should know him.

i wasnt very satisfied with the bike and i ruined it sold it before leaving india
and now i really want one again
His was a different one (1234). Yes, have interacted with Michael a few times. There are a few like him that pick up used parts, make a running bike, sell. Most of them are not so good.
Tough to get an RD in good condition and for a good price! Rather, pick one with papers, if not in good condition - get it done from someone reliable.

BTW, it is the same Jagdish
Old 27th August 2013, 11:51   #55
BHPian

[quote=MindSpeeDs;3219419]Ram, Thanks! That would also make the lighter shade in the logo stand out, right? Anyways, I will try out a couple of options for sure.

R5s are known for better top end than the RDs even when done on an RD setup. Not going to be easy and will involve a bit more. Heard that the jetting can be reasonably easy though. You'd rather put them up for sale and pick RD barrels. It is tough to find someone that will do it right.

Quote:

His was a different one (1234). Yes, have interacted with Michael a few times. There are a few like him that pick up used parts, make a running bike, sell. Most of them are not so good.
Tough to get an RD in good condition and for a good price! Rather, pick one with papers, if not in good condition - get it done from someone reliable.

BTW, it is the same Jagdish
i didnt know much about RDs at that time and i bought it, later when i met jagdeesh i found out it was already on its 3rd oversize and nearly dying.
expensive learning experiance

i will sell the R5 barrels in that case and will hunt for good RD350 barrels.
i did visit motocarrera and found it a nice site.

maybe i should start buying some parts from them and ship them to india for my future project. it is my desire to own a yezi 350, yezdi 250, rd 350 and jawa 250 in pristine condition. if possible an LC would be great

please say hi to jaggu and if possible can i have his contact details
Old 27th August 2013, 12:02   #56
BHPian

Quote:
out it was already on its 3rd oversize and nearly dying.
expensive learning experiance

i will sell the R5 barrels in that case and will hunt for good RD350 barrels.
i did visit motocarrera and found it a nice site.

maybe i should start buying some parts from them and ship them to india for my future project. it is my desire to own a yezi 350, yezdi 250, rd 350 and jawa 250 in pristine condition. if possible an LC would be great

please say hi to jaggu and if possible can i have his contact details
If everything else in the bike was decent or good, should have retained it. Even otherwise, get parts and rebuild. Probably would have to spend so much more to buy it.

Stuff you can buy from MC - Swing arm bushings, pipes and rearset. Not sure if MC swing arm fits our bikes. Their front fender seems nice too.

Your desires are not very reasonable .

Will PM his number.
Old 27th August 2013, 13:36   #57
BHPian

Quote:
If everything else in the bike was decent or good, should have retained it. Even otherwise, get parts and rebuild. Probably would have to spend so much more to buy it.

Stuff you can buy from MC - Swing arm bushings, pipes and rearset. Not sure if MC swing arm fits our bikes. Their front fender seems nice too.

Your desires are not very reasonable .

Will PM his number.
i was a student in my final year of MBA at that time. i didnt run it properly
and sized one of the pistons. lost my interest in it after rebuilding it . it wasnt the same. so i sold it and came back. i am in saudi.

as for my desires it wouldnt be fun if they reasonable
Old 28th August 2013, 11:03   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
Iceman, let me know when your strip-it-and-put-it-back job is completed. We are due a Sunday morning ride, for old times sakes.
Surely maga!! Should be ready sometime in Sep-mid!!
the_iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2013, 09:30   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Those chambers are from a LC RD, have a good mid range and awesome roar at full flow.
Hey, do they fit the indian RDs easily or any mods needed. I notice the pass pegs will have to go up. Also, which baffles are you using.
A friend wants to get one for his bike.
Old 6th September 2013, 09:39   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey, do they fit the indian RDs easily or any mods needed. I notice the pass pegs will have to go up. Also, which baffles are you using.
A friend wants to get one for his bike.
The rear footpegs need to be modified for the installation, was not a very clean job. About the baffles, am baffled , they came with the exhausts, no idea about the details!!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote