Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th August 2013, 13:24   #1
BHPian

Question Booked a Motorcycle. Can I transfer the booking to another dealer?

I have booked a CBR250R Repsol edition yesterday by paying booking amount of 5k. But its a relatively new dealer in the city but now I want to transfer the booking to another dealer within the city. Is it possible to transfer the booking to another dealer without cancelling and re-booking? BTW, the dealer which I have booked is quoting about three months waiting period. Is the waiting period that long for the CBR250R(ABS)?
junaid12345678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 13:36   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Booked a Motorcycle. Can I transfer the booking to another dealer?

This is what I would do if I were you...
- I guess you've booked at CBC Honda, so go to Marikar & EVM, pay each of them 5K each & this time talk to them firmly stating you need the delivery ASAP & ask them a real commitment
- Whoever delivers you the bike first, buy from them, cancelling from the other two guys
- Marikar & especially EVM is a bigger HMSI player in KL & they've got branches in several smaller places in KL. There're quite chances you can approach their smaller showrooms to book a bike & get it delivered faster.

Places like Punalur (Nandhil), Neyyatingara (EVM), Attingal/Nedumbangadu (Marikkar) etc might deliver you faster than Trivandrum city

If you're skeptical about riding the bike from there, you can book the bike at the smaller location, but, ask them to deliver the bike at Trivandrum
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2013, 14:21   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This is what I would do if I were you...
- I guess you've booked at CBC Honda, so go to Marikar & EVM, pay each of them 5K each & this time talk to them firmly stating you need the delivery ASAP & ask them a real commitment
- Whoever delivers you the bike first, buy from them, cancelling from the other two guys
- Marikar & especially EVM is a bigger HMSI player in KL & they've got branches in several smaller places in KL. There're quite chances you can approach their smaller showrooms to book a bike & get it delivered faster.

Places like Punalur (Nandhil), Neyyatingara (EVM), Attingal/Nedumbangadu (Marikkar) etc might deliver you faster than Trivandrum city

If you're skeptical about riding the bike from there, you can book the bike at the smaller location, but, ask them to deliver the bike at Trivandrum
Yes, I have booked the bike at CBC Honda. The process went smooth but there weren't any male executives at the showroom and I am a bit skeptical in buying the bike from a new dealer. Now I will book the bike from both, EVM,(kaniyapuram) and Marikar (Attingal). I will buy the bike from them who can promise an early delivery. All dealers have non-ABS versions in stock but a long wait for the ABS version. And do anyone know where is the stockyard of CBC Honda as I don't want my bike to be ripped by those executives for getting the bike to the showroom from the stockyard?
Old 15th August 2013, 22:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junaid12345678 View Post
All dealers have non-ABS versions in stock but a long wait for the ABS version
Yes, this is true nationwide, not just KL

Quote:
And do anyone know where is the stockyard of CBC Honda as I don't want my bike to be ripped by those executives for getting the bike to the showroom from the stockyard?
This can happen only if you visit the Manesar or Narasapura or whichever plant that makes CBR 250R + HMSI hands over one to you personally
aargee is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 00:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, this is true nationwide, not just KL

This can happen only if you visit the Manesar or Narasapura or whichever plant that makes CBR 250R + HMSI hands over one to you personally

You got it wrong. What I actually meant is there are so many showrooms which have got their stockyards within the same compound. The bikes are transported to the stockyard and sold in the showroom. In this case the mechanics won't get to ride the bike as if they have stolen it When i bought my ZMR, the odo was showing just 100 meters and I clearly saw the green lines on both the tires. Fresh bike
Old 16th August 2013, 13:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You got it wrong
Did I?

Quote:
When i bought my ZMR, the odo was showing just 100 meters and I clearly saw the green lines on both the tires. Fresh bike
What makes you think that those 100 meters were not ridden like stolen or the bike was not revved up standing still? Possibilities right ?
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2013, 15:35   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Did I?

What makes you think that those 100 meters were not ridden like stolen or the bike was not revved up standing still? Possibilities right ?
Yes, possibilities are there, but in my case the the store room was inside the showroom and there were more than 10 ZMRs waiting for customers. They called me to the room and asked me to choose the bike from those ZMRs. I randomly selected the bike and they pasted a label with my name on the bike. And those 100 meters were covered just for PDI and almost in front of me. The guys at JCT Motors, Trivandrum were really nice and cooperative. Why I am so concerned about the thing is whatever happens to the bike in future is to be borned by the buyers like us. The mechanics won't even bother to pull the clutch when shifting and that too at the redline. In my case it was 100 metres but otherwise a good 10 km maniac ride is enough to invite future troubles. What I just wanted to say is try to buy the bikes from those showrooms which have the stockyard nearby and the bike will spend less time on the road with the mechanics:-)