Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 5th August 2017, 13:48   #421

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Can someone please suggest a good lathe in Pune. Need to rebore the cylinder of my Std 350 CI.
vishnuharih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 00:20   #422

Default Re: The Royal Enfield Mechanics Thread: All mechanics requirements and queries here

Hi,

I have a Thunderbird 500. It is lying idle for last 4 months. I want to get it completely serviced. But i am not happy with ASC and i feel that they fleece customers. Is there a local mechanic who specializes in 500 cc EFI models? I am fine with mechanics in East Delhi, Noida or Karol Bagh.
ukalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2017, 03:01   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukalia View Post
Hi,

I have a Thunderbird 500. It is lying idle for last 4 months. I want to get it completely serviced. But i am not happy with ASC and i feel that they fleece customers. Is there a local mechanic who specializes in 500 cc EFI models? I am fine with mechanics in East Delhi, Noida or Karol Bagh.
I have very good experience with Bikers Clinic, run by Shahzad, 09871493384. (He is also a member of the Royal Mavericks and provides technicla support on all their drives.

Bikers Clinic, Patparganj, 110091 New Delhi

Or in Gurgaon, try Motorrad Werkstad

http://motorradwerkstatt.in/

Last edited by Jeroen : 20th September 2017 at 03:02.
Jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 14:31   #424

Can anyone suggest me a good mechanic in south bangalore for my Classic 350? Anywhere around Bannerghatta road would be ideal.
aakash1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2018, 16:03   #425
BHPian

Given my 2004 Electra 350 for service. Had issues with gear shifting and they advised to change the clutch assembly. Front suspension also to be overhauled. Here is the estimated cost. Does it look reasonable?Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1521109995.569533.jpg
Views: 544
Size:  139.9 KB
vinucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 13:37   #426

Quote:
Originally Posted by aakash1412 View Post
Can anyone suggest me a good mechanic in south bangalore for my Classic 350? Anywhere around Bannerghatta road would be ideal.
I recently serviced my TB500 at Topgear Thumpers, Marathahalli. The service was excellent, Bhushan, one of the owners is a passionate rider himslef. He took the bike for a spin after the service and was a great guy to talk to. Do give them a try. I have been happy with their service, this was the first time I went there, I will try again and past another review later.
sausi007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2018, 17:13   #427

Quote:
Originally Posted by sausi007 View Post
I recently serviced my TB500 at Topgear Thumpers, Marathahalli. The service was excellent, Bhushan, one of the owners is a passionate rider himslef. He took the bike for a spin after the service and was a great guy to talk to. Do give them a try. I have been happy with their service, this was the first time I went there, I will try again and past another review later.
I recently found a mechanic, Mr. shabaaz, in JP Nagar. A young guy with a small shop near sarakki circle but very sharp and efficient. Anyone looking for a reliable mechanic around that area can contact him on *+91 95388 47355‬
aakash1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2018, 20:53   #428

Hello to all BHPians and fellow Royal Enfield owners.

I have a short and not very simple requirement: Can anyone please help me getting the contacts of a Mechanic in KOLKATA who knows the workings (electrical and mechanical) of the AVL engine that came fitted onto the Royal Enfield Bullet Machismo A350 motorcycles. My bike and I desperately need one!!

My Regards,
Thanks in advance.

The LONG STORY: Please continue to read if you would like to spare time reading the background of the issues.

I have owned a Royal Enfield Bullet Machismo A350 for 15 years now. The bike has never given any major issues other than occasional hiccups that are expected of a RE. I have had no major repairs or spare changes except break shoes, main drive chains, cables, batteries etc.

A couple of years ago during a regular oil change service the mechanicís assistant messed up something with the alternator coils. I over herd the mechanic grumbling to another customer about what had had happened, but I was too inexperienced to contemplate what might have went wrong. (I got my hands on the Bullet way before I was mature enough to understand one.)
The only observation I could make was that there was humming sound from the chamber where the primary chain and alternator are housed. Later when I recall the visual memories of what the mechanic was doing while grumbling and tinkering with the alternator, I realized that some wiring has been severed in one or more of the coils and that the mechanic was trying to join the severed wires with an extension patch.
The bike has developed several electrical and starting issues since then. My repeated visits to the mechanic (the same one, because mechanics having experience in AVL engines are scarce and the ones having little knowledge whatsoever think of themselves as God.) have proved futile. Every time I had to settle with a new excuse, but nothing restored the original grandeur of the motorcycle.

Things performed (messed with) till now are:
Changing one of the coils in the alternator.
Replacing the CDI with that of a Bajaj bike.
Lot of adjustments to the main drive chain.
Replacing the battery more thrice.

I addition to the electrical issues the bike also has severe backfiring, misfiring and going dead. The idling is always uneven. Managed to get this better at least when started tuning the carb myself.

The last suggestion has been to swap the entire engine block with that of an old (read champion bullet) IC engine, since the AVLs many ailments are innate (as per all mechanics.).

Currently all mechanics have suggested to replace the stock carburetor with that from a Bajaj pulsar. The only issue I have seen is the float leaking, which is as per the mechanics causing the back firing.

Please suggest this should be allowed, or the float only can be replaced, or any of the carburetor from the newer generation Bullets can be used.

Many Thanks!

[This is my first post in the forum. Please to be part of TeamBHP]
VirginWheels is offline   Reply With Quote