Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st August 2015, 00:40   #16

Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Hello there,

Nice looking Fazer you have there. Gotta say, even after all these years she still is one of the best looking motorcycles in India. Although I'm more of a car guy than a motorcycle guy, (My Fazer has run less than 10,000kms in 4 years as against my Vento who ran 20,000 kms in 2 years) I was hoping to upgrade her in the looks department and would love to know your thoughts on the same.

Now I'm a total noob when it comes to motorcycles, so kindly excuse my ignorance in advance.

1)Projectors! I just can't get them out of my head. Just looks fab and is very useful as well. I can see from your post that there had been issues associated with them. Can you please elaborate? Are there any measures which can prevent issues from cropping up further down the line? Also, can the stock battery handle the projectors well?

2)Now this might break the barrier for being overtly stupid, so fasten your seatbelts!! Can we put on wider tyres? I mean, it isn't too complicated for cars, as long as they are within limits, but how bad an idea is it to contemplate putting on 150s on a Fazer? Will they fit? If they do, what would the adequate size be? 150/60 R17? I don't think there's much space left to increase the width on front tyres, otherwise I would've tried that too. Maybe I could try increasing the tyre thickness there. How is that 140/70 R17 you were using? Would love to hear your views on this. Feel free to blast me with umpteen number of tyre size combinations if required !

I totally agree with you on the looks part. The Fazer looks beautiful. My bike is nearing 29k kms. Even my usage eventually has dropped as I shifted near my college.

Now about the projectors, I was gifted the HID+projector setup by a few friends. For the first 6 months the setup was good, then problems starting cropping up. One day the angel eyes would go off, then someday the left projector would stop working. This continued for a while and everytime I had to make a 20km round trip to get it sorted. As soon as my vacations started I got rid of the setup. Got hold a used headlamp as my original setup's reflectors were spray painted black. Overall I would advice you against the whole setup. No amount of precaution will help. I had the 6300K HID's and they were useless on highways at night. If you really want to make some visual mods to the Fazer, I suggest you do something about the tail-lamp.
It totally looks out of the place. If you can manage installing the tail-lamp and rear turn signals setup from the duke. That would be great. I always wanted to have such a setup on my bike but have spent all my saved up money on the engine related mods.

My current setup consists of 100/90/R17 at the front & 140/70/R17 at the rear. The front tyre is a conti-go & rear is a Dunlop tuffgrip. I have faced no issues with the dunlop's. They are pretty good. Most importantly they are not puncture magnets like the stock Mrf zappers. Having taken my bike on soft off-road tracks and no roads. The tuffgrip has impressed me. I suggest stick to the 140/70/R17. They look brilliant too. If you are using stock size tyres then you will find these way better. Pls avoid Michelin Sporty. My friend had loads of issues with them on his Fz16. The wet surface grip is pathetic.

If you really ask me the only visual mod the Fazer needs is the tail-lamp setup. The Duke or R15 v2 setup will look brilliant on our bikes. Stick to the tyre sizes I have mentioned up, they are pretty good. Anything wider will affect the already not so good performance of the Fazer.

asit.kulkarni93 is offline   Reply With Quote