Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd June 2014, 15:00   #286
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
I see you got old stock with the earlier font. That's strange.
Yeah, I too had a fight with the CVS motors for the same reason, but it was already registered in my name , the engine make dated April so it was not an old stock or so I thought . Took a test drive found everything fine. Then gave it to my cousin who is an awesome rider and bit of a grease monkey, he also felt the same. So went for it. But any way I did not like the new logo on the tank( personal opinion) but the new tool box logo is just awesome and it was promised to me that the tool box will be changed once the stock arrive. But I am sure he wont, luckily I have a close one in RE he will get it done for me.

But defiantly CVS motors in Bangalore is a big time cheat I booked there only because its near to my house ..

Girish
girishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 10:07   #287
BHPian

Hey Girish, this is another problem with the RE guys. They tend to preregister the bikes to a customer, even before customer gets to get a look at it. I am not too sure how valid is that statement. What I was informed from the dealers, is that before a bike is rolled out from their factory, its registered to a customer with the VIN number so that company records are updated. Once the registration is over, then the same is communicated back to RE and they updated the records. In other words, say if you have a VIN number and if you approach the RE, you will be able to get all the details about the current owner. (provided it has not been sold off by the customer).

I am quite doubtful in the validity of the above. Might be its the process for high end vehicles etc, but considering RE and their administrative services in conjunction with their lethargic QC department, I really wonder if its the practice at all. Experts can throw some light into it, preferably who are attached with RE.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2014, 11:18   #288
BHPian

Da , I too have heard the same thing. Anyway the RBG is running awesome. Completed 300km and getting 34.2 kmpl checked it twice reserve to reserve. So really happy with it from the time I took the delivery before taking delivery was totally disappointed with the showroom guys. But bike is good other than the old logos. Which is my opinion is not of that great concern to me.

Girish
Thump on guys.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:29   #289
BHPian

Girish, Good consistent mileage you are getting. I also get 35 in normal city riding. Please can you share the full form of RBG. Is it some name for your B500?

Regards.
Bikramjit.
Old 24th June 2014, 14:51   #290
BHPian

RBG is the name of all the wheels I have with me. The Nissan sunny at the background of B500 is also an RBG. RBG being universal colour and each alphabet represents name of my family member chronologically.
R: RadhaKrishna, Radha ( mom and dad)
B: Bheemesh, Bharathi ( bro and sis in law)
G: Gouri, Gouri ( me and my wife)

This is happening from the first bike my dad purchased after my birth but it was just our names but not our wife's 😆 (except my mom of course)

Aounds crazy but that's the trend been followed.

Girish
Keep thumping guys.
girishar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 21:36   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
My Bible has gone for a toss it seems. I had uninstalled the flash as a newer version was available, but then now it does not work. I have re-installed it twice but same problem. Gives me an error as Flash not installed.
I think I will have to re-install the bible again. Sincerely wish that the earlier provided auth-key works.
I am posting this work around on the assumption that you have not got the UCE Bible running till date
If the error message about the flash player is " Cannot find Flash player 9 installed in the computer", then you have to follow the following procedure.
1. Go the control panel and uninstall the current version of flash player (most probably might be ver.14).
2. Go to adobe flash player archives and download standalone adobe flash player version 9.0 and install it in your computer.
3. Run the Royal enfield self learning service module and it will show you the system generated code
4. press next and you will get the window for the password
5. Enter the password and most probably you will get an error message " C:\programfiles\royal enfield.......\redirect.swf already exists !
6. search for this file and delete it
7. Re run the program and voila it works !
P.S : There is a security risk on running the computer with an old version flash player. The problem seems to be that the installer searches for only the flash player 9 version and not the updates. I just crashed my hard drive and had to go through the installation process once again. Hope this helps you
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 06:30   #292
BHPian

Is the engine heat an common affair? or is it of any great concern. My legs won't burn but get a warm touch which is totally not uncomfortable. So what do you guys say?

One point I wanted to add here it is that ,if I compare my 2006 thunderbird the quality has really improved.

Girish
Keep thumping guys...!!!
Old 26th June 2014, 09:49   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Is the engine heat an common affair? or is it of any great concern. My legs won't burn but get a warm touch which is totally not uncomfortable. So what do you guys say?

One point I wanted to add here it is that ,if I compare my 2006 thunderbird the quality has really improved.

Girish
Keep thumping guys...!!!
During the initial running in KMS, overheating is a common issue. The solution is to avoid congested routes during the running in. If in city traffic and you are in snail pace in first gear and if you have a gut feeling that your new motorcycle is overheating, then find a safe spot to park your motorcycle and let it cool down for some time. You may also notice that during bumper to bumper traffic, the motorcycle heats like hell and the engine clatter also increases.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 09:53   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
I am posting this work around on the assumption that you have not got the UCE Bible running till date
You are right brother. I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the flash, but got the same error. Now that I have a fixed solution, this will be my week off activity. Thank you brother again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishar View Post
Is the engine heat an common affair? or is it of any great concern. My legs won't burn but get a warm touch which is totally not uncomfortable.
I had also felt the same, but its just a feeling. What I have observed is that newer the engine, more the heat is felt, just wait for a few zeroes to add up. Its not a concern at all. But do make sure that the oil level is adequate (between the max and min mark)

Guys, Amun-Ra is heading for his last free servicing, might be by this Friday. Till now the reading on the odometer is 8700 odd kilometers. Per manual, it has to be done at 9000 kms or 270 +/- 15 days. By end of June, it will be 268 days.

Is there anything special, I can ask the guys to check at this time of free servicing? [Starter motor issue seems to have been resolved, but under observation]. Please advise.

P.S. :- Does Warranty get void if I do not complete the free servicing in time? I heard the dealership saying it.

Last edited by Majumdarda : 26th June 2014 at 10:00.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 10:26   #295
BHPian

Quote:

Guys, Amun-Ra is heading for his last free servicing, might be by this Friday. Till now the reading on the odometer is 8700 odd kilometers. Per manual, it has to be done at 9000 kms or 270 +/- 15 days. By end of June, it will be 268 days.

Is there anything special, I can ask the guys to check at this time of free servicing? [Starter motor issue seems to have been resolved, but under observation]. Please advise.

P.S. :- Does Warranty get void if I do not complete the free servicing in time? I heard the dealership saying it.
Dear friend, you warranty will be void if you do not complete the free service within the prescribed KM/tenure.
As for the final service make sure you don't have any of the following complaints in your motorcycle as replacing them after the warranty period will cost you big money.
1. Make sure that your motorcycle is not having excessive cam gear lash. The service manual remarks on checking valve lash and adjusting @ 500Kms, ie, the first service. Unfortunately RE service centers ignore this direction and just comments the valve lash as ordinary engine sound. My motorcycle had this sound and due to my ignorance, I believed them. Now the only solution left for me is the costly replacement of cam gears (inlet and exhaust).
2. Check the condition of the steering cone and move your handle bars from lock to lock and ensure that they are smooth. I hope you know how a damaged roller bearing feels.
3. Finally check for big oil leaks. A rocker valve cover oil leak or a RHS /LHS engine cover leak is manageable but a crankcase oil leak will rip off your pocket.
That is all I can think of now
ride safe
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2014, 18:52   #296
BHPian

Dear all,

This afternoon I was thinking of a certain change to the overall looks of Amun-Ra. Not something too drastic, but as an interim arrangement.

Please have a look at the below image first:-

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img20140628wa0023.jpg

I was thinking if I can remove the current seat and have this single seat fitted for just some days. Its purely for aesthetic purpose. This is the not the classic spring seats. The guy using this informs me that the seat takes care of the butt and there is not much of a strain observed.

What do you think guys?
Also does anyone know where in Pune I can get some thing like this made (preferably price brackets too).

Regards,

Bikramjit.

P.S. :- Wifey is not here. So why to have the rear fenders tugged under the seat. Let the shine be shown
Old 2nd July 2014, 16:12   #297
BHPian

RBG started on the first push if the starter button after 10 days. Felt good. 😅
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:16   #298
BHPian

Its always advisable that before you go on for an extended period of leave (say more than 15 days), do disconnect the batteries.

I touched "8888" today while coming to office, thats a little more than 8 months. Fourth servicing coming up this friday, 272nd day.
Old 2nd July 2014, 17:20   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Dear all,

This afternoon I was thinking of a certain change to the overall looks of Amun-Ra. Not something too drastic, but as an interim arrangement.
I ride on a solo seat (not like this one but one with springs ) and I purchased it from a delhi based vendor called royalenfieldzone .com (remove space). Price I think for just the solo seat was below 1500 , complete front + pillion was around 3k , there are loads of option and the quality/prompt delivery didn't dissapoint . And yes it certainly lends a very distinct look to the bike .

There is another online retailier for enfield custom parts which I think does business from facebook and ebay - sans classic part. While I am not sure , think they are based at pune so enquire regarding them .
basuroy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2014, 18:18   #300
BHPian

[quote=Majumdarda;3465796]Dear all,

I was thinking if I can remove the current seat and have this single seat fitted for just some days. Its purely for aesthetic purpose. This is the not the classic spring seats. The guy using this informs me that the seat takes care of the butt and there is not much of a strain observed.

What do you think guys?
Also does anyone know where in Pune I can get some thing like this made (preferably price brackets too).

Regards,

Bikramjit.

There are seat makers in Mumbai who can make something like this. You can get better ideas from the Lepera site. I had sent them a query in 97 and they responded with a full brochure of their seats and how to make them. Also the classic seats with springs are available.

RoS
rulerofsun is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote