Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 16th November 2014, 12:19   #361
BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Bought 100/90 - 18 inches tube for my rear tire from the MRF. Price : 300 rupees.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 07:42   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Bought 100/90 - 18 inches tube for my rear tire from the MRF. Price : 300 rupees.
I was wondering,didn't you try procuring the honda tuff up tube,since it has the same specs.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2014, 07:48   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I was wondering,didn't you try procuring the honda tuff up tube,since it has the same specs.
Not too sure about Honda Tuff up and neither I know about its specifications. The 100/90 has been suggested by all tire shops for Bullets and therefore did not waste any time further.

Do you use Honda Tuff Up for your bullet? Whats the Specs please and how is the fill? Also how much is the price?
Old 17th November 2014, 08:25   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Not too sure about Honda Tuff up and neither I know about its specifications. The 100/90 has been suggested by all tire shops for Bullets and therefore did not waste any time further.

Do you use Honda Tuff Up for your bullet? Whats the Specs please and how is the fill? Also how much is the price?
I am using the tuff upp tube in my ZMA.I am yet to get my bullet .The tuff up tube shares the same specs-100/90-18.
Old 18th November 2014, 08:48   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I am using the tuff upp tube in my ZMA.I am yet to get my bullet .The tuff up tube shares the same specs-100/90-18.
Please ignore my ignorance, but does Karisma ZMA have tubeless tires?
Old 18th November 2014, 08:53   #366
BHPian

Quote:
Please ignore my ignorance, but does Karisma ZMA have tubeless tires?
Nope, the ZMA doesn't have tubeless tyres,ZMR does have them.
Old 30th November 2014, 19:26   #367
BHPian

Hi Majumdarda
It was nice reading through your ownership. I own a TBTS 350(2008) and looking forward to replace it with Bulled std 500. I too wanted to get the forest green. I am just waiting for 2015 February (bonus time ) to get my financials better. Till then I will be reading your ownership experiences. Thanks for sharing the details so far!

Regards
Balaji
Balaji31582 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 00:11   #368
BHPian

The ride to Goa was a much thrilling experience. Images etc can be found at the below link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3602118 (Rider Mania: November 2014 @ Goa)

Tonight, while returning from office, I crossed the magical number of 141414. Nothing much special about this particular number, but somehow I was at a place where I could click a snap. And therefore, here it comes.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20141215_223548158_hdr001.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2015, 08:59   #369

Hello to Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to post on this thread.

I have learnt quite a bit from all the posts and now am trudging along the waiting period for B500 which I booked in October 2014 at the Brand Store in Jayanagar, Bangalore.

I know many owners of REs must have gone through this experience but here is my experience with the Brand Store so far (post the booking)

1. No communication from them as to when the bike would be available till I started following up with them. (I know some of you are already smiling at this kiddie statement )

2. Every time I called them they would take my number and never call back.

3. Finally I had to hold the call till they go the details (apparently it takes a long time even in the age of computers)

4. Now they say delivery is scheduled for 30th January 2015. (Yippee so far)

5. I call them up again regarding mode of payment etc and the way I get responded to is as if I'm out for buying a box of pencils. The 'Hmm ahh... anything will do sir - cheque, bank draft etc etc'. I ask for an exact amount and I'm given a rounded off figure!!! (also found out that prices have increased since I booked it - thank you RE)

So the question that has started nagging my mind is - if I'm to spend 1.78 lakhs buying a product from RE and this is my experience even before purchasing it - am I getting myself into trouble with their service standards even before paying for the bike??? (would owners kindly share their experience and help me out here)

Thought of writing to RE customer service and highlighting this attitude of their Brand Store staff but decided to forgo it - after having read the experience of customers who had not purchased the bike yet and had issues with showrooms.

I have gone through the Classic 500 threads and made my VIN decoding sheet ready & the PDI checklist.

It's been 15 years since I went through an experience of buying a new bike. Would someone please give me a few pointers on how it works???

Would like to thank the following - surely not an exhaustive list (some may not be part of this thread though)

1. A big thanks to Majumdarda for continuing to post developments on 'Amun-Ra'. Thanks to your posts I got out of the severe confusion regarding a Classic 500 Vs. Classic 350 Vs. Thunderbird 500 Vs. B500

2. ArizonaJim: I marvel at your continued patience is answering & re-answering queries regarding REs.

3. john doe: For the truly amazing link for running in for REs. (though link is not there anymore when I try to go back to it)

And the many more whom I cannot thank enough!!!

Cheers to all,
ziffius
ziffius is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2015, 19:46   #370
BHPian

Super excited guys! Getting my bullet 500 forest green this Thursday! Did a pre registration check as well. Its a September 2014 manufactured model and in good shape, checked almost everything. Dealer said I would have to wait another 4 months for a 2015 model. Checked the service center of the dealer as well, looks neat. I owned a tbts earlier and this would definitely be an upgrade. Always wanted the retro looking beast! I'll post the pics soon! Thanks for the details in this thread. Helped a lot to make the decision between DS and B500.

Cheers guys!
Keep thumping!
Siddy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 09:14   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziffius View Post

1. No communication from them as to when the bike would be available till I started following up with them. (I know some of you are already smiling at this kiddie statement )

Quote:
I call them up again regarding mode of payment etc and the way I get responded to is as if I'm out for buying a box of pencils. The 'Hmm ahh... anything will do sir - cheque, bank draft etc etc'. I ask for an exact amount and I'm given a rounded off figure!!! (also found out that prices have increased since I booked it - thank you RE)
Its my gut feeling to make the complete payment to them at the time of the delivery, preferably through cash.

Quote:
So the question that has started nagging my mind is - if I'm to spend 1.78 lakhs buying a product from RE and this is my experience even before purchasing it - am I getting myself into trouble with their service standards even before paying for the bike??? (would owners kindly share their experience and help me out here)
Buying a Royal Enfield is more of a love for the beast, the bull beast. You will love every moment of it, on your long leisure rides or short bumper to bumper city rides, only if you love the machine. Coming to the point of service assurance and related aspects, lets say "Dealers are a troubled bunch to be satisfied by we buyers." I think that should answer your query. Yes, it will be a good initiative from your end to have a good rapport with them, but if you love your machine, complete the four free services, and look out else afterwards. The forum will definitely guide you in finding a suitable mechanic per your needs. The Service Technicians that are available at the with the RE, probably can best be termed as "oil changers".

Quote:
Thought of writing to RE customer service and highlighting this attitude of their Brand Store staff but decided to forgo it - after having read the experience of customers who had not purchased the bike yet and had issues with showrooms.
Good decision you took.

Quote:
Would like to thank the following - surely not an exhaustive list (some may not be part of this thread though)

1. A big thanks to Majumdarda for continuing to post developments on 'Amun-Ra'. Thanks to your posts I got out of the severe confusion regarding a Classic 500 Vs. Classic 350 Vs. Thunderbird 500 Vs. B500

2. ArizonaJim: I marvel at your continued patience is answering & re-answering queries regarding REs.

3. john doe: For the truly amazing link for running in for REs. (though link is not there anymore when I try to go back to it)

And the many more whom I cannot thank enough!!!
The forum is like a family for all. Its like a family which stands by you at your needs, praises you and also warns you. Like many others, they have stood by me, both during my time of crisis and enjoyment. I am sure you will begin to love this family more and more.

Wishing you miles of happy thumping and please do not forget to share the images of your Bullet.

With regards to Amun-Ra, the love and respect between the man-machine is growing strong as he covers 15578 on the odo.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img20150128wa0071.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2015, 19:54   #372

Hi Majumdarda,

Thank you for your reply.

Glad to know you're currently working in Pune.

I did my Junior College there and love the snacks that Pune offers (particularly Vadewale Joshi near PMT bus stand)

Could you please share any PDI for the B500 that you've had/used. It would be of big help.

An update on the progress with the bike is:-

1. Payment and documents submitted for processing.
2. They have promised to offer bike for PDI prior to registration.

Trying to be patient and scrounging around for specific B500 PDIs!

I too am thinking of a name for the B500. Gotta a couple in mind, let's see what strikes the mind when I lay my eyes on the bike!!!

Cheers,
ziffius
ziffius is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2015, 14:11   #373
BHPian

Quote:

Could you please share any PDI for the B500 that you've had/used. It would be of big help.

I too am thinking of a name for the B500. Gotta a couple in mind, let's see what strikes the mind when I lay my eyes on the bike!!!
Well actually there is nothing specific for B500, the PDI is same for all bullets in fact. Please search this forum and you will get a fair idea about the things to be checked for. But whatever you do, please make sure to do the inspection and the delivery in broad day light. Dealerships have this tendency of dragging it till the later half of the day, for reasons unheard off. This is their old game and do not fall into it. Be firm for your requirement of inspection in broad daylight, so that you can see and inspect clearly. Also the delivery to be taken in daylight, at the earliest the shop opens. [give some excuses like mahurat for pooja].

Do not expect any courtesy from the dealer. Rather please do not be surprised if the door keeper comes to you and hands over the keys and documents. At Royal Enfield dealership, customer is the least of the expected lot.

Welcome to the family and please share the name too. Best regards,
Old 2nd February 2015, 14:56   #374
BHPian

Got my green beast on 29th January! Rode approximately 220 kilometers in 3 days.

Some initial observations:

1. Refined compared to my earlier TBTS 350
2. Typical RE vibrations present
3. Turn indicator touches the tank when I lock the bike, typical RE quality issues again
4. Torque is addictive! The bike literally jumps ahead with me and wife plus the bike's 193 kilos
5. Not exceeding 60 kmph during the first 500 kilometers, on the highway moving at 60 is so relaxed and quiet! simply love the ease with which the bike pulls
6. Simply love the forest green color, striped tank, tiger eye lamps and the overall retro styling
7. The engine tends to get noisy as it heats up, still within limits
8. Braking definitely could have been better
9. Muted thump. I don't mind this as the torque keeps me smiling all the time
10. Still getting used to the missing fuel gauge
11. No need to change gears to overtake or while moving in ghats
12. Mirrors vibrate a lot on the move and are pretty useless for its size, need to change this soon

Everyone still makes way for the bullet!

Last edited by Siddy : 2nd February 2015 at 15:09. Reason: Added note on mirrors
Siddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2015, 19:55   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
Got my green beast on 29th January! Rode approximately 220 kilometers in 3 days.
Congratulations Siddy. May you have a hassle free ownership of your Bullet.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote