Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2016, 14:01   #481
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai/Pune
Posts: 56
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Diwali greetings to everyone.
Majumdarda as you asked, I have clicked few pictures of bike when anti-rust is removed. And it didn't leave any residue.
Few simple steps-

1. Apply diesel on surface where in you have applied anti-rust.
2. Again apply a wet cloth soaked in diesel on same surfaces and rub it, and your job is done.
3. You will witness shining chrome.
4. Give your bike a good shampoo wash after it.

Note- Avoid spraying diesel on Disk.

Below few pics for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729635653.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729666035.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729718914.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729728620.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729741729.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729768396.jpg  

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-1477729793466.jpg  

Aniruddha_Ch is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 14:16   #482
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 589
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

A recent issue with the odometer cable and its being followed here:-

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post4099913 (Royal Enfield Queries)

One of the front number plate screws had fallen off and the search for the same was very tiring. The screw is such odd in length (cutting off is a solution, less preferred) that I could not procure in any usual hardware stores and was forced to make a visit to a spare part retailer. Initially I was told that the price of a single front number plate screw is rupees 33

But when I asked him to show the packaging, the price surprisingly reduced to 11. Still I believe its way too expensive.

Guys, for purchases wherein you are not taking the entire lot, please ask to show the packaging as from their you can calculate the unit pricing.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 00:00   #483
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 589
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

A few moments back, Amun-Ra achieved the 40K mark.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20170327_203532_hdr.jpg

I have still not been able to rectify that erratic speedometer and seems the only solution is replacing the entire unit. At the moment, I do not want to go for the replacement as the readings mean more to me.

Amun-Ra was under wraps for nearly 2 weeks, but came back to life within a few minutes.

A small issue that has come up is the constant metallic sound. This was highlighted at the time of servicing too, but they could not resolve the same. After a gap of two weeks there has been a slight development, in that the sound has become more audible.

Its like a metallic clanging sound, and it comes when the speed increases to the limit of a particular gear. In other words, the sound comes alive, when the speed has reached the top in a particular gear slot. The sound comes alive and its like an indication for me to change over to the higher gear.

Obviously this is very irritating and seems another visit it likely very soon. The only problem with the service station is that they even do not know how the sound is coming and I just do not want them to permute-combine DIYs.

Please suggest possible solutions.

Tomorrow onwards, Amun-Ra and Pulsar will be having another company, in the form of a certain Kwid, 1.0L. I hope that they share the space efficiently.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2017, 18:30   #484
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: MH - 01
Posts: 533
Thanked: 458 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
A few moments back, Amun-Ra achieved the 40K mark.
Congratulations sir, your thread has been a joy to read and it was one of the threads where I came to find solutions between the Classic 500 and Std 500 decision making.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I have still not been able to rectify that erratic speedometer and seems the only solution is replacing the entire unit. At the moment, I do not want to go for the replacement as the readings mean more to me.
Here in mumbai we have a great speedomeeter repairer called Mr. George, who had repaired my previous CI Bullet's speedo, restored my Rx 135 5sp speedo and also now repaired the Classic 500's speedo meter. Hence I am sure there must be a repairer in your area too. In my case the gear inside the meter went faulty on my CL 500 and I got it repaired for a measely Rs. 100/- Also I had noted down the previous reading and had specifically told him to put that same reading once the meter is repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Tomorrow onwards, Amun-Ra and Pulsar will be having another company, in the form of a certain Kwid, 1.0L. I hope that they share the space efficiently.
Great car Kwid, congratulations. Did you buy the automatic one ?

Last edited by The Great : 28th March 2017 at 18:32.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2017, 00:14   #485
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 589
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Here in mumbai we have a great speedomeeter repairer called Mr. George, who had repaired my previous CI Bullet's speedo, restored my Rx 135 5sp speedo and also now repaired the Classic 500's speedo meter. Hence I am sure there must be a repairer in your area too. In my case the gear inside the meter went faulty on my CL 500 and I got it repaired for a measely Rs. 100/- Also I had noted down the previous reading and had specifically told him to put that same reading once the meter is repaired.
Great car Kwid, congratulations. Did you buy the automatic one ?
Thank you very much sir. I have checked with few of the local mechanics out here but none have been able to help me out. Will check again with others if they can be of any assistance.

Amun-Ra and Pulsar with the new member, Kwid. Sorry for the hazy image. I got the manual 1 liter version.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-img_20170328_105259.jpg
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2017, 09:14   #486
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 589
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Since yesterday the headlight has stopped working though the upper indicator in the console glows blue. Wonder if the light is fused or something else. Battery seems to be ok now (as I cannot operate the headlights)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...ml#post4173649

The metallic sound is also present and that means a visit to the service station with some definite inputs in mind.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 06:38   #487
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 589
Thanked: 308 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Made good use of the weekend and repaired the headlight (30 minutes morning exercise). One of the wires had burnt out leaving huge copper deposits I could see green deposits on the wire mounting point where its connected to the bulb's connector. It was surprising as the points are hardly touched. Might be when the headlight was removed for "trying to repair my odometer cable at the service station" the guys had removed the points and then just connected it improperly. Might be natural wear and tear. Nevertheless liberal use of black tape has resolved the issue and the throw of the beam is back to stock experience.

Anyone aware of manufacturers who provides headlight bulbs for Bullet 500 and gives a generous through of light? Had inquired at one shop as initially I had presumed that the bulb has gone for a toss, and was advised that Philips do not fit bullets.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 08:52   #488
BHPian
 
rakesh_r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: PNQ/MUM/PKD
Posts: 996
Thanked: 580 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Made good use of the weekend and repaired the headlight (30 minutes morning exercise). One of the wires had burnt out leaving huge copper deposits I could see green deposits on the wire mounting point where its connected to the bulb's connector. It was surprising as the points are hardly touched. Might be when the headlight was removed for "trying to repair my odometer cable at the service station" the guys had removed the points and then just connected it improperly. Might be natural wear and tear. Nevertheless liberal use of black tape has resolved the issue and the throw of the beam is back to stock experience.

Anyone aware of manufacturers who provides headlight bulbs for Bullet 500 and gives a generous through of light? Had inquired at one shop as initially I had presumed that the bulb has gone for a toss, and was advised that Philips do not fit bullets.
Any Phillips or Osram bulbs with H4 specs will be a direct fit. Assuming you ran on the bulbs that came from the factory, you can go in for a normal 55/ 60 w bulb. You can procure the same from any of the automobile sparepart shops. There is a shop called Santok auto centre at nanapeth, a little ahead of Bombay scooter house. You can buy bulbs of any brand from there. The headlight glass of my bike had cracked. Bought an Autopal Dome (250-300 bucks, RE ones cost 900 bucks) and a Osram 55/60 bulb from them. Light spread is way better now.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Enfield - Shooting the Bullet - 500 Power trammway Motorbikes 101 11th April 2016 23:20
The story of another Green Bullet in my life - My Enfield Bullet 500 arjithin Motorbikes 35 20th February 2016 20:26
Royal Enfield Desert Storm 500 - The Remembrance of a War Era, My Bullet! Mighty_Lothar Motorbikes 15 18th December 2014 10:30
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs grplr02 Motorbikes 128 11th June 2014 15:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:08.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks