Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2013, 21:33   #106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Majumdar Da,

I finished cleaning the drive chain on my bullet this morning, I captured the process in a video, so i could share it here with all of you. Hope its helpful.

gearbox is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 11:41   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

I just got a Diamond Chain Lube (Spray form) - this morning and while i was applying it to the bullet, I found out that the drive chain on my Bullet is in fact a Diamond Chain, so no need to replace it or anything. Its good that RE is giving out good drive chains in the Bullet. I did not know that and was under an impression that its not a good quality chain and wanted to replace it. Please check out the drive chains on your bulls too. Before replacing.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 12:17   #108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Here are the pics of my Tank, does not look galvanised to me. Any expert comments would be great.

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-dsc_0035.jpg

Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"-dsc_0036.jpg

I already spoke to Teknik Motors Indiranagar, Bangalore where i got the bullet from and they asked me to bring the bullet. I shall go there tomorrow. If they do not replace, I will send out an email to RE and will also speak with Abin Varghese (Head, South) to get this sorted.

It is really pathetic of RE to have done something like this. I am highly frustrated now.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 13:05   #109
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 411 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Majumdar Da,

I finished cleaning the drive chain on my bullet this morning, I captured the process in a video, so i could share it here with all of you. Hope its helpful.
Thank you Gearbox for sharing this video. I must say a very detailed video on the chain cleaning aspect. I will now wait for the second part, where you lube the same and probably have one video as well. It definitely helps a lot.

A few question from my end :-
  • Please share details about the tool kit that you had shown at the beginning. What is the price and how to get the same?
  • The Price of WD40
  • How to identify the brand of chain, Diamond in your case I believe.

On a different note, I have seen one video where this guy lifts the backseat of his motorcycle to remove the rear wheel. I think it is very effective. But once I checked on my motorcycle, though I could locate the nuts, but was not sure if rear wheel can be removed by that way. (even if I remove the seat). Please share your observations on this. Is it possible on an Electra?

Link as follows from the UTube



And there is this video from the same source, which I used to listen even before I got Amun-Ra. It is very soothing and almost builds a bond, between the man and the machine. The story depicted is so apt for a bulleteer that I wish to share with all of you. Please have a look, its worth sharing (just in case if you have missed till now)



And yes, this afternoon there is the road show of GT happening in Pune. I am going to MG road to catch the same. Time is at 4pm. Just in case anybody is coming, we can catch up.

Best regards,

Last edited by Majumdarda : 15th November 2013 at 13:07.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 13:14   #110
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Thank you Gearbox for sharing this video. I must say a very detailed video on the chain cleaning aspect. I will now wait for the second part, where you lube the same and probably have one video as well. It definitely helps a lot.

A few question from my end :-
  • Please share details about the tool kit that you had shown at the beginning. What is the price and how to get the same?
  • The Price of WD40
  • How to identify the brand of chain, Diamond in your case I believe.

On a different note, I have seen one video where this guy lifts the backseat of his motorcycle to remove the rear wheel. I think it is very effective. But once I checked on my motorcycle, though I could locate the nuts, but was not sure if rear wheel can be removed by that way. (even if I remove the seat). Please share your observations on this. Is it possible on an Electra?

Link as follows from the UTube



And there is this video from the same source, which I used to listen even before I got Amun-Ra. It is very soothing and almost builds a bond, between the man and the machine. The story depicted is so apt for a bulleteer that I wish to share with all of you. Please have a look, its worth sharing (just in case if you have missed till now)



Best regards,
Hi Majumdar Da,

I already finished the lubricating process of the chain, unfortunately I could not do a video on it since I had to get to work too.

The lubricating process is much simpler, and you can easily do it if you can do the cleaning process DIY. All you got to do is, shake the lube can well and apply it on both side of the chain and in the center (View the chain from top and bottom). It should be a 10 minutes task, just cover up areas where you'd not want the lube spray to spill over.

Answers to your questions
Please share details about the tool kit that you had shown at the beginning.
I purchased the kit at a local hardware shop (I paid 200 for the side spanner kit and 320 for the Ring/Side spanner kit) Its from a brand called Solid.
What is the price and how to get the same? - See above
The Price of WD40 - 100 Rupess for each can (Also mentioned about it in the video)
How to identify the brand of chain, Diamond in your case I believe. Diamond Brand has a Trade Mark Sign similar to this <> and has Diamond written on the links. My bullet has a Diamond Chain.

I shall check those video links in a while and will respond with my views.
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 14:41   #111
BHPian
 
Jimmy_u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bombay / Pune
Posts: 249
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Hi Majumdarda ,

can you share the dealer and the booking process for this color, my friend wants one after looking at your bike
Jimmy_u is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:01   #112
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 411 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_u View Post
Hi Majumdarda ,

can you share the dealer and the booking process for this color, my friend wants one after looking at your bike
Hi Jimmy_u,

I have taken the delivery from Brahma Motors, Pune. Had placed the booking in the month of May (before it was launched in Pune) and got the delivery in October. I do not think people are much aware about this particular model. Please advise your friend to get in touch with the dealership and inquire. The color is Forest Green.

Best regards,

P.S.

At around 4 in the evening I was at the MG road and waited till 4:45 PM, but still there were no signs of the "Continental Gts". They were supposed to go through the MG road. Not too sure if the event materialized or not. Got bored waiting and below are the outcomes

Yours truly caught in action

Name:  IMG_6251__.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  147.2 KB

Practicing Focus Shifting

Name:  IMG_6246__.jpg
Views: 2046
Size:  112.4 KB
Majumdarda is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:04   #113
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hi Jimmy_u,

I have taken the delivery from Brahma Motors, Pune. Had placed the booking in the month of May (before it was launched in Pune) and got the delivery in October. I do not think people are much aware about this particular model. Please advise your friend to get in touch with the dealership and inquire. The color is Forest Green.

Best regards,

P.S.

At around 4 in the evening I was at the MG road and waited till 4:45 PM, but still there were no signs of the "Continental Gts". They were supposed to go through the MG road. Not too sure if the event materialized or not. Got bored waiting and below are the outcomes

Yours truly caught in action

Attachment 1166607

Practicing Focus Shifting

Attachment 1166608
Nice clicks, What Camera?
gearbox is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:13   #114
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 411 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Nice clicks, What Camera?
Thank you Gearbox. The camera is Canon SX50 HS.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:15   #115
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Thank you Gearbox. The camera is Canon SX50 HS.
Oh nice, Super Zoom.

I love taking photos of vehicles/greenery/landscape and stuff like that. and lately started doing videos too, just for fun.

I am yet to post the video i did when i got the bullet at first. I compose music, so have to sit down and do some music appropriate for the video and then post it up on YT.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:26   #116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

I just saw the video on removing the rear fender, Yes it can be done, however with a single seat setup in Electra, the seat needs to be removed before it.
It should be a simple task. However cleaning the chain even in that way would be a tough job, in case the chain slips from the engine side sprocket, it will be a daunting task to get it back in place.

I had seen the other AD you are talking about before, and I too did so even before i had booked the Electra.
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:27   #117
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 411 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Oh nice, Super Zoom.

I love taking photos of vehicles/greenery/landscape and stuff like that. and lately started doing videos too, just for fun.

I am yet to post the video i did when i got the bullet at first. I compose music, so have to sit down and do some music appropriate for the video and then post it up on YT.
I will patiently wait for that special video. I have listened to your songs and like "Bikhar Gaya" more.

Just one suggestion from my end with regards to the video that you are about to post. If possible, try to involve something in your video that also depicts the human bond involved with the Royal Enfields. [Just a thought; see the video link I have posted earlier]
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:32   #118
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 178
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
I will patiently wait for that special video. I have listened to your songs and like "Bikhar Gaya" more.
Oh, Thank you for taking the time to check out the tracks Glad you liked Bikhar Gaya!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Just one suggestion from my end with regards to the video that you are about to post. If possible, try to involve something in your video that also depicts the human bond involved with the Royal Enfields. [Just a thought; see the video link I have posted earlier]
You know, that is exactly what I have in mind. I completed the video, but then not a single note made sense to me to fit in that video. I am still waiting for that tune to hit my brain so I can improvise and build something up Hope that happens soon.

Or the only other thing that I can do it, Play Journeyman on that Track It suits really well and is one of my most favorite songs
gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:51   #119
BHPian
 
Majumdarda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 720
Thanked: 411 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
Oh, Thank you for taking the time to check out the tracks Glad you liked Bikhar Gaya!!



You know, that is exactly what I have in mind. I completed the video, but then not a single note made sense to me to fit in that video. I am still waiting for that tune to hit my brain so I can improvise and build something up Hope that happens soon.

Or the only other thing that I can do it, Play Journeyman on that Track It suits really well and is one of my most favorite songs
I can only wait. I know a good video is going to come from you. So I will wait eagerly. Take your time dear friend.
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2013, 10:01   #120
BHPian
 
adrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 751
Thanked: 587 Times
Default Re: Royal Enfield Bullet 500 : "Amun-Ra"

@gearbox : Your video - WD40 = an excellent video
Reason ?
Go through Essyouwee's or Randhawa's thread and you will find out that our Bullet chains have rubber O rings in them and WD40 will gradually destroy them. So use our good old Kerosene and a tooth brush to clean the chain. Keep the DIY videos coming. Way to go buddy !
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 16th November 2013 at 10:04.
adrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Royal Enfield - Shooting the Bullet - 500 Power trammway Motorbikes 101 11th April 2016 23:20
The story of another Green Bullet in my life - My Enfield Bullet 500 arjithin Motorbikes 35 20th February 2016 20:26
Royal Enfield Desert Storm 500 - The Remembrance of a War Era, My Bullet! Mighty_Lothar Motorbikes 15 18th December 2014 10:30
Royal Enfield Bullet 500 - NEW model coming. EDIT : Launched @ 1.53 Lakhs grplr02 Motorbikes 128 11th June 2014 15:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks