Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 10th October 2013, 14:42   #1
BHPian

Default My Bajaj Sunny. Restored

Sharing the Bajaj Sunny Restoration details for those "Sunny Lovers".
Also posting few Luna pictures.

Vehicle Details :
Bajaj Sunny , Model 1995, 50CC 2 Stroke Engine, Autogear.
Bought from : Olx.com Advertisement for Rs 4K (Documents intact with FC valid till 2017) , Location Mysore.
No prior inspections done when I bought, Just wanted to experiment by completely dismantling & Restore only Mechanical work of it ( Did not plan to Repaint , Chrome, etc. as it consumes lot of time & Money)

Restoration Plan & Spends :

Had decided not to spend too much on it, started looking out for spares in Mysore/B'lore, surprisingly got most of the spares of Bajaj sunny / Luna/Yezdi/M80/Lambretta in Amardeep Automobiles B'lore & Bajaj sunny related spares in Bajaj showroom mysore.

Work done till now:

1. New Bore kit - Paid Rs 1.2K (searched maximum for this in B'lore & got this in one Bajaj dealer in Malleshwaram)
2. Body kit ( Front fiber body & headlight top & bottom kit) Rs 600, initially planned to DIY painting & replace the existing ones, later decided to retain the originals & keep this as spares ( See pictures for details)
3. New stand , Cable set (Brake,Speedo) Mats ,Brake pads ,clutch pad ,Cone set ,Speedo worm - Total Rs 2k
4. Engine bearing/oilseal/shaft work , Mechanic payment Rs 2K

Decided not to paint & DIY Polish at home ( Both Plastic & Paint surface)

DIY
1. Cleaning the Rims & Spray paint (Can paint) Cost Rs 600 - 1 can of silver paint, One Flat Black & One Clear coat - Has come out excellent
2. Fiber Polish -Waxpal (used for leather & plastic), wet sand with 600/1500 grit & apply multiple layer of polish 3M & Amway polish - new like finish
3. Speedo meter restoration - Lots of mechanics in mysore to do this, paid rs 150
4. Completely dismantled the vehicle myself & got the pressure serviced it for cleaning the dirt, (mechanic helped to reassemble it though)

Pending Work :
1. New Tyres
2. Spare Wheel ( Will sit on the leg space area)
3. Changing Fork lock & Seat lock

Very nice experience to restore , total no of days it took ( 3 dedicated days), 2 weeks to search for spares . Vehicle runs very smooth & definite Head turner when you drive in city.

sharing the pictures . Please call me 9900144315 for any help on sunny/luna restoration
Attached Images

Last edited by Ananth_shukti : 15th October 2013 at 10:44.
Ananth_shukti is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 13:33   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: My Bajaj Sunny. Restored

Thanks for sharing, thread moved out from Assembly Section (The "Assembly Line" Forum section).

My cousin had one of these original sunny's and till about a year back was being used. Only recently she swapped it for a newer scoot. I had font memories of taking this scoot for service and all Cute lil scoot it was.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 14:20   #3
BHPian

Default Re: My Bajaj Sunny. Restored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananth_shukti View Post
Sharing the Bajaj Sunny Restoration details for those "Sunny Lovers".
Also posting few Luna pictures.
================
Very nice experience to restore , total no of days it took ( 3 dedicated days), 2 weeks to search for spares . Vehicle runs very smooth & definite Head turner when you drive in city.

sharing the pictures . Please call me 9900144315 for any help on sunny/luna restoration
I am a big fan of restored vehicles ,especially when all the parts are original and restoration work is very detailed. You have done an amazing work , its really an inspiration to people who want to restore their old vehicles. congrats.

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2013 at 14:25.
desigNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2016, 15:26   #4

Question Mysterious chassis and engines numbers, Bajaj Bonnie/Sunny

Hi,
I have two old Bajaj Bonnie (=Version of Sunny) which I have tried to extract info about through their chassis and engine numbers. One was very straight forward, using information on the internet, but the other one puzzles me.
Chassis number: F18DF051985
Parallel to the other one, I believe that F=chassis made in Waluj, 18=Sunny and 051985=serial number. That leaves DF for year and month make, but according to my info that would mean June 1998. As I am sure that the other one is made 1993 , I can not believe that they could have been made so many years apart, since they share so many, early series features.
The engine number is equivalent: M18DB026822, where M suggests engine made in Waluj.
So, any suggestions?

Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2016 at 11:11. Reason: Typos
JanneH is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 20th October 2016, 20:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Mysterious chassis and engines numbers, Bajaj Bonnie/Sunny

JanneH, would suggest you to send a letter (hard copy) by post to the CEO Mr Rajiv Bajaj with your query. He can send it to the relevant section/ division of his company to provide the correct information.

I had done this quite a few times with Hindustan Motors ( India's oldest car maker) and got prompt feedbacks from the management.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote