| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|10th October 2013, 14:42||#1|
Join Date: Dec 2009
Thanked: 128 Times
My Bajaj Sunny. Restored
Sharing the Bajaj Sunny Restoration details for those "Sunny Lovers".
Also posting few Luna pictures.
Vehicle Details :
Bajaj Sunny , Model 1995, 50CC 2 Stroke Engine, Autogear.
Bought from : Olx.com Advertisement for Rs 4K (Documents intact with FC valid till 2017) , Location Mysore.
No prior inspections done when I bought, Just wanted to experiment by completely dismantling & Restore only Mechanical work of it ( Did not plan to Repaint , Chrome, etc. as it consumes lot of time & Money)
Restoration Plan & Spends :
Had decided not to spend too much on it, started looking out for spares in Mysore/B'lore, surprisingly got most of the spares of Bajaj sunny / Luna/Yezdi/M80/Lambretta in Amardeep Automobiles B'lore & Bajaj sunny related spares in Bajaj showroom mysore.
Work done till now:
1. New Bore kit - Paid Rs 1.2K (searched maximum for this in B'lore & got this in one Bajaj dealer in Malleshwaram)
2. Body kit ( Front fiber body & headlight top & bottom kit) Rs 600, initially planned to DIY painting & replace the existing ones, later decided to retain the originals & keep this as spares ( See pictures for details)
3. New stand , Cable set (Brake,Speedo) Mats ,Brake pads ,clutch pad ,Cone set ,Speedo worm - Total Rs 2k
4. Engine bearing/oilseal/shaft work , Mechanic payment Rs 2K
Decided not to paint & DIY Polish at home ( Both Plastic & Paint surface)
1. Cleaning the Rims & Spray paint (Can paint) Cost Rs 600 - 1 can of silver paint, One Flat Black & One Clear coat - Has come out excellent
2. Fiber Polish -Waxpal (used for leather & plastic), wet sand with 600/1500 grit & apply multiple layer of polish 3M & Amway polish - new like finish
3. Speedo meter restoration - Lots of mechanics in mysore to do this, paid rs 150
4. Completely dismantled the vehicle myself & got the pressure serviced it for cleaning the dirt, (mechanic helped to reassemble it though)
Pending Work :
1. New Tyres
2. Spare Wheel ( Will sit on the leg space area)
3. Changing Fork lock & Seat lock
Very nice experience to restore , total no of days it took ( 3 dedicated days), 2 weeks to search for spares . Vehicle runs very smooth & definite Head turner when you drive in city.
sharing the pictures . Please call me 9900144315 for any help on sunny/luna restoration
Last edited by Ananth_shukti : 15th October 2013 at 10:44.
|15th October 2013, 13:33||#2|
Join Date: May 2004
Thanked: 7,476 Times
Re: My Bajaj Sunny. Restored
Thanks for sharing, thread moved out from Assembly Section (The "Assembly Line" Forum section).
My cousin had one of these original sunny's and till about a year back was being used. Only recently she swapped it for a newer scoot. I had font memories of taking this scoot for service and all Cute lil scoot it was.
|15th October 2013, 14:20||#3|
Join Date: Dec 2006
Thanked: 46 Times
Re: My Bajaj Sunny. Restored
Last edited by Jaggu : 15th October 2013 at 14:25.
|20th October 2016, 15:26||#4|
Join Date: Jul 2013
Thanked: 3 Times
Mysterious chassis and engines numbers, Bajaj Bonnie/Sunny
I have two old Bajaj Bonnie (=Version of Sunny) which I have tried to extract info about through their chassis and engine numbers. One was very straight forward, using information on the internet, but the other one puzzles me.
Chassis number: F18DF051985
Parallel to the other one, I believe that F=chassis made in Waluj, 18=Sunny and 051985=serial number. That leaves DF for year and month make, but according to my info that would mean June 1998. As I am sure that the other one is made 1993 , I can not believe that they could have been made so many years apart, since they share so many, early series features.
The engine number is equivalent: M18DB026822, where M suggests engine made in Waluj.
So, any suggestions?
Last edited by GTO : 21st October 2016 at 11:11. Reason: Typos
|The following BHPian Thanks JanneH for this useful post:|
|20th October 2016, 20:44||#5|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Jul 2008
Thanked: 4,705 Times
Re: Mysterious chassis and engines numbers, Bajaj Bonnie/Sunny
JanneH, would suggest you to send a letter (hard copy) by post to the CEO Mr Rajiv Bajaj with your query. He can send it to the relevant section/ division of his company to provide the correct information.
I had done this quite a few times with Hindustan Motors ( India's oldest car maker) and got prompt feedbacks from the management.
|The following BHPian Thanks anjan_c2007 for this useful post:|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Sunny days are here again...Nissan Sunny Diesel XL||AbhiJ||Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports||98||11th May 2017 12:06|
|Bajaj Sunny Zip||tejasnaidu||Motorbikes||4||16th July 2012 16:56|
|Nissan Sunny vs VW Vento TDI EDIT: Its a Sunny Diesel XLD||drmohitg||Sedans||125||28th June 2012 21:45|
|Bajaj sunny stalling problems||tejasnaidu||Motorbikes||4||9th August 2010 16:58|
|Spotted a restored Beetle||Fuelled||Post-War||38||8th December 2009 12:39|