Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th June 2006, 13:28   #1
BHPian

Default how to do burnout

hello guys,
i want to know how to do burnout on a bike, basically i know some concept by not complete one so plz...enlighten my path so i could do burnout on my unicorn.............. basically below are steps how to do burnout by phuzzy gnu, but there is some problem i want to clear that when we pull clutch do we shift to 1st gear after then we rev the motor up to its powerband say above 6000RPM after which we let out the clutch fast...... i am totally confused...
NOTE:-> ****plz..only those who have done burnout..." advise.."becuase it can be dangerous to bike . tyres. and in worse condition u can hurt urself*****

STEPS:->
Stand straddling the running motorcycle with both feet as flat on the ground as possible. If you have short legs, you're used to it, so do the best you can.
Hold the front brake with all four fingers. You don't want that front wheel moving for the basic, run-of-the-mill burnout.
With the clutch pulled in, rev the motor up into its powerband, which is about 6000 RPM for sportbikes. Of course, Harleys don't rev to 6000, and neither do some thumpers, so just get it spinning with some power, ok?
With the front brake still firmly squeezed, and with yourself ready to hold the bike in place with the handlebars and your thighs, drop the damn clutch.
Stand there and enjoy the smoke.
When you dropped the clutch, the back tire should have started spinning. Don't let the clutch out slowly or smoothly, or all you'll do is force yourself to buy a new clutch.
devsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 13:37   #2
BHPian

hey...burnouts are pretty easy on a uni... do all that the "instructional" said.. basically, make sure u aint SITTING on the bike(the idea being, dont put ur weight on the bike..)
for a uni, rev it to bout 7K rpms and let go of the clutch at a moderate rate...(too slow, and u'll burn it...to quick and the bike will stall after a puny wheel spin)
once u see the rear wheel spinning, let go off the clutch completely..

p.s:- do this on a surface that does'nt provide too much friction..

cheers.
Rice_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2006, 14:03   #3
BHPian

thanks, in this process gear is used or not
Old 17th June 2006, 20:40   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devsus
thanks, in this process gear is used or not
i did'nt get what u mean...i presume u mean, do we have to use the gearbox/upshift?

all this is done in the 1st gear itself(since the uni does'nt have the kinda power required to get its wheel spinning in the 2nd etc gears)
Old 17th June 2006, 20:49   #5
BHPian

very much thanks rice, i understood everything..........once again thanks
Old 17th June 2006, 22:01   #6
BHPian

1stly.. dont let go off the clutch suddenly, ur burnie attempt mite just flip the bike.. i prefer leaving the clutch gradually as its safer.. and i guess 7k rpm is too muich.. 4.5 to 5.5k rpm will be more than enough..
satya180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2006, 08:25   #7
BHPian

I second satya180. 7k is too much. Though leaving the clutch slowly may cause a little bit of damage on the clutch , it is wat better than flipping the bike and having to spend a bomb on the paintjob, plastics, fairing etc.
Mistakenguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 01:03   #8

i agree too.... if ya let off the clutch too fast at 7k the bike will lunge forward n u'll find a big hole in your pocket...
greendevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 01:34   #9
BHPian

hey Ricey great advice but dont you think its better off without one on a UNI lets go kwacking shall we?
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2006, 21:12   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx
hey Ricey great advice but dont you think its better off without one on a UNI lets go kwacking shall we?
mikey man! hehe...so definately...once i'm er....back on the RD again

by the by, thanx (AGAIN) for the help man..
will meet up soon...
Old 20th June 2006, 22:09   #11
BHPian

definitely man and lets make sure this time you rev harder coz thats how its gotta be !
nitroxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2006, 20:15   #12

Here is a tip. Pull the clutch, get into gear, squeeze the front brakes, rev the engine and rock the bike back and forth. When the front forks are compressed to the max dump the clutch. Because at that point the weight will be more on the front wheels and the rear will be lighter.
With this method there is no need to rev the engine hard.
BTW I have heard bleach on the rear tyre produces more smoke. Never tried it though.
scud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 07:16   #13
BHPian

Sorry to say.Don t try burnout s on your unicorn.It ll spoil your engine and your tyre and cluth will get cooked.
HOTROD is offline   Reply With Quote