Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th December 2013, 12:28   #16
BHPian

Default Re: My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White

Congrats for your new ride mate. 300 sure looks killer in White.
This one stole my heart on launch but somehow the price kept me off. But a sweet ride nonetheless.
Happy mile crunching on this beauty of yours
Wishing you a million happy and safe miles. Ride Safe.
Bazinga is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 13:47   #17
Senior - BHPian

Lovely looking bike there! Congratulations buddy. The Ninjas definitely ooze quality.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 15:51   #18
BHPian

Congratulations Avinash!!. Wish you have a trouble free ownership and ride. Good to see the SUV guy turned into a biker now. That's a Unique and good choice of color as well.
So the Leh trip of 2014 is in the Ninja is it ?
BulZire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 17:52   #19
BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to the ninja club. Finish that run in fast and have a blast!
balenopower is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 19:08   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow how did I miss this thread, Congratulations Avinash. Fantastic Stuff and am very happy for you. We should ride together one of these days.
The bike looks awesome in White when compared to the Green.

Ride safe and get those boots. Suggest you to go for a leather Jacket and cordura pants.

PS: When is this scaling the Leh?
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 19:44   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avinash. The bike looks absolutely stunning. Wish you miles of Fun and Happiness.

I am not a biker myself (neither do I know how to ride properly), but I have always been facinated towards sports bikes, especially ninjas. I plan to pool with my brother in law next year to one of these late next year. We will mainly use it as an early morning or weekend ride. In fact, we are already debating about the colour we want (green or white) . So, thanks for the Review and Pictures.

Drive safe
Gaurav
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 21:20   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Please keep this updated with your ownership tit bits. Would help many in choosing and many would realize, that yes, you get what you pay for
Thank you Sheel. Yes, will keep this thread as alive as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
When I was taking my bike delivery , I saw your bike at the basement of the showroom..
Thank you black12rr. Wow, we got the delivery on the same day.. nice. Pity, that we dint meet, but will catch up for a ride soon. Congrats on your bike too, btw, which one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Congrats on your new ride mate..
Thank you Abhinav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Woah! Congrats Avinash!
Thank you Niranjan.

Quote:
since then the CBR250 is gone from my garage and a green fella sits in his place along with a recent orange beast addition..
Oh my.. I dint know you got a Ninja too and a KTM. That's some crazy stuff. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
I bought myself a 250R about 8 months back and i must say that its kept me hooked ever since..
Thank you Abhishek. Congrats on your Ninja too, probably the last guy to congratulate you, but, better late than never. Will surely ride along once you're back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
Congrats Bro..
Thank you so much ashkamath.

Quote:
The below link should help to understand ABS better. and I agree for that price, ABS should have been included.
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ho...rks-64330.html
Okay, now I know it does make a difference . Thank you for sharing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth46 View Post
Absolutely brilliant choice mate..
Thank you Parth46.

Quote:
I've been on the edge ever since launch, not able to justify plonking 4 big ones on this, but just love this piece of machinery and getting more and more tempted with each passing day..
I was in the exact same situation, when the bike was launched. Took me a while to plan this but honestly, I think its worth every penny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Congratulations Avinash. She's finally here and I'm waiting to see her in the flesh
Thank you so much Aditya. Looking forward to meet you soon.

Quote:
Do get yourself a copy of the following books and videos which are highly recommended..
Sure, will check them out over this weekend. Thank you again.

Quote:
These will help you unlearn all the wrong things we've been doing while riding bikes and improve our skills to a great extent
Would love to hear it from the horse's mouth instead , but, yeah will definitely get them. I have not said no to anything you said so far (lol)

Quote:
This is the most painful part. I remember coming back home from work and riding 70 kms everyday to complete the run-in process. What a painful thing it is to cruise at those piddly speeds
Seriously, its painful. Done just over 400 now, so still a long way to go.

Damn, I dint know there were so many Ninja owners on this forum. Eagerly waiting to meet you guys and your beloved beauties.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 21:57   #23
BANNED

Hi Avi,
Congrats on your bike.
Just want to ask you couple of things:
Considering Ninja has a sporty posture, do you get back pain or strain on your shoulders or wrist?
Can it be used as a everyday commute bike if fueling aint no concern ?
Finally any heating issues in bangalore traffic conditions?
pratap.pratu is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 22:55   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Congrats for your new ride mate..
Thank you very much Bazinga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Congratulations buddy..
Thank you so much ebonho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Congratulations Avinash!!..
Thank you Sridhar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Congratulations and welcome to the ninja club. Finish that run in fast and have a blast!
Thank you balenopower. Absolutely doing everything I can to finish that running in period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congratulations Avinash..
Thank you so much Mahesh.

Quote:
get those boots
I did check out a few, but honestly dint know which brand to go for nor which one was worth. So, please suggest me both a good riding pant and boots.

Quote:
leather Jacket and cordura pants
Will check out those pants. Leather jacket, saw one in Ooty (if you know that small shop in the commercial street in ooty). He had some good collection but thought of getting a riding jacket first. Will plan for a ride to ooty to get one

Quote:
So the Leh trip of 2014 is in the Ninja is it ?
Quote:
When is this scaling the Leh?
One of the primary reasons of getting the bike was that. I badly wanted to that circuit in a bike and it was one of the many questions I asked Aditya. He said, I'm not sure about you, but I would never taken mine up there, but it shouldn't be a problem. I thought, he just loves his bike too much (we all know that), so he wouldn't.

However, after getting the bike, I realized what Adi meant. May be, I'll go till Srinagar and back, but definitely not touch any of those unforgiving terrains with this beauty. I dont want to ill-treat her

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Congrats Avinash..
Thank you Gaurav.

Quote:
I am not a biker myself .. In fact, we are already debating about the colour we want (green or white)
In this short period I have realized, this bike gives a whole lot new meaning to biking and can help you experience what biking really means. So, hopefully will get to see yours soon. Good luck.

Last edited by aviorp : 9th December 2013 at 22:59.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2013, 23:28   #25
BHPian

First Mod

Well, not really a mod but something added nevertheless. I have done four 50-60Km rides so far and after every ride there are stains on the tank. Realized now why a tank pad is required. Its painful to remove those stains (ahm..ahm).

So, started looking for a good tank pad but wanted something to cover the sides too. Got reminded of 3M's Paint Protection Film (PPF) and thought of visiting their showroom over the weekend to request if they could do something for the bike.

Then, a simple search on our bible, led me to this thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/119960-3m-launches-paint-protection-films-two-wheelers-under-3m-bike-care-umbrella.html

Aditya, you seemed to be helping me in every other way man. Thank you very much for creating that thread.

So, got this done on Sunday and she's now all protected from my stains

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-ppf.jpg

1. It consists of 3 films.
2. The guy used a rubbing compound to clean the surface
3. Getting ready to be applied
4. Precision
5. The side
Then, the end result. In direct sunlight, it doesn't even seem to exist.

Cost :

1700 + tax (19xx) [She is a high maintenance gal I tell you ]

Where :

AutoService
37, 28th Cross, Industrial Area, Near-BDA Complex, Banashankari 2nd Stage, Bangalore, Karnataka 560070 (Near Monotype)
Phone:080 2671 1132.

Last edited by aviorp : 9th December 2013 at 23:31.
aviorp is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 07:28   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I did check out a few, but honestly dint know which brand to go for nor which one was worth. So, please suggest me both a good riding pant and boots.
Depends on what sort of riding you want to do, If you are in the circuit mode go in for Sidi Vertigo. If you want the sports tourer sort of a fitting where it is a bit more forgiving that Vertigo then buy the Sidi Fusion. You have a look at Let's Gear Up where you can get to see/try before making your pick.

Quote:

Will check out those pants. Leather jacket, saw one in Ooty (if you know that small shop in the commercial street in ooty). He had some good collection but thought of getting a riding jacket first. Will plan for a ride to ooty to get one
Apologies, I think I must have put it more as riding leathers Would have made it easier to comprehend. This would be suggestible buy if you are doing the highway/circuit. Else you can have a look at the good quality Cordura Jackets.

Quote:
However, after getting the bike, I realized what Adi meant. May be, I'll go till Srinagar and back, but definitely not touch any of those unforgiving terrains with this beauty. I dont want to ill-treat her
Take away the fairings, do away with all the body shields. Morph it into a naked bike and am sure you can do it. Only room for thought would be its aggressive riding posture. Give it a thought as not many would dare to do it on a Ninja 250/300.

Out of interests Avi, were you not looking at the 650?
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 07:49   #27
BHPian

Congrats Avinash. Good to see the car guys returning to Biking
Haven't got a chance to see a white ninja in flesh. Will get one now.
rk_sans is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 08:50   #28
BHPian

Congratulations . Always great to see a biker get his new ride. The color looks great and the bike has a striking appearance. Ride hard ride far !
bigron is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 09:58   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
please suggest me both a good riding pant and boots.
I am using the Spartan riding pants and find them very comfy. The construction seems to be very robust as well. Cost me 6k and worth every penny. Bought from Biking Spirit on Church Street.

Here are a couple of links that might help you:

Link-1 (The Riding Gear thread)

Link-2 (The Riding Gear thread)

I would suggest touring boots from either Sidi, A*, Gaerne or Cortech. I have the Sidi Vertigo's and these are track boots. Pretty comfy but over a full day's ride my feet hurt a bit. But these are vented and very airy ; no stale odor even after a full day trip. Has loads of safety features.

Touring boots will be more comfy. Avoid waterproof and Goretex boots since these have no ventilation and for our tropical weather they heat up a lot and it can be very uncomfortable in summers.

Quote:
Aditya, you seemed to be helping me in every other way man. Thank you very much for creating that thread.
Glad to be of some help, Avi. It's the least I could do

Do check this out too. They have a clear and a black grip for the 300 (link).
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2013, 14:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Avinash for this lovely acquisition. She is a beauty in White

Do think of investing in a good tankpad. And maybe a travel bag (I have seen it on another Ninja in here, maybe Aditya's).
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote