Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th January 2014, 12:10   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Doc, the 250's headlights are excellent. I'm curious why you think otherwise.
Just because I've been reading about so many 250 and 650 owners going in for auxiliary lights and HIDs and better bulbs and stuff. So kind of assumed that for the spees these bikes do, on Indian roads at night, the lights are not keeping up. I know I had that issue on the Duke 390 for sure. My friend who just bought a 650 is very displeased with the lights.
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 13:55   #77
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Just because I've been reading about so many 250 and 650 owners going in for auxiliary lights and HIDs and better bulbs and stuff. So kind of assumed that for the spees these bikes do, on Indian roads at night, the lights are not keeping up. I know I had that issue on the Duke 390 for sure. My friend who just bought a 650 is very displeased with the lights.
At the risk of going OT here and due apologies to aviorp for hijacking his thread, i agree that the headlights (and brakes) on the 650 are pathetic as reported by many owners.

The 250 however scores a lot higher in both the lights and brakes area. I've ridden quite a few times in the night and rarely felt the need to upgrade the stock bulbs.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 14:39   #78
BHPian

Quote:
, again sorry to Hijack Avinash's thread. Doc. what exactly means a good head light on a motorcycle. As mentioned by you, even I keep hearing from almost every biker that their headlight is poor and while most are resigned to that fact, some are resorting to HID's / extra lights ( some one even put a strobe for some long distance ride).
So what is the definition of a good light on a M/Cycle? After driving in big cars with powerful Xenon lights and all are we expecting a 4 wheeler like light beams from our 2 wheelers? what exactly is the expectation here? Obviously one cannot expect the beam of a truck or a volvo, so where is the line drawn and what is the safety parameter.
For some reason I am OK with my 390 lights ( even I loved my Suzuki Samurai headlight those old days). so what ails the riders in the night??
ashkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2014, 17:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkamath View Post
, again sorry to Hijack Avinash's thread. Doc. what exactly means a good head light on a motorcycle.
For me its simple.

At least as good as the Bullet beam if not better. My LB500 with 4300K HID was the best I have ever ridden with. But even a normal 60/55 Philips or Narva halogen work great in their 7" round etched glass sealed beams (not the clear lens plastic ones).
ebonho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 03:23   #80
BHPian

Quote:
what was the best stretch in this route?
The best by far is from Tirunelveli to Kaniyakumari. However, the entire stretch is super except for the Thoppur ghat.

Quote:
how was the traffic?
Except for few trucks, there was hardly any traffic. One of the reasons why I prefer riding/driving through the night. Surprisingly, during the day as well, there was very sparse traffic till hosur, after that people just drive as if there is no tomorrow.

Quote:
how did the bike behave?
Not to boast, but this thing can run at 150+ all day. There was not a minute, I felt bored. Loved it so much, that I just went for a short ride just now to keep the hangover going (lol)

Quote:
what was the top speed that you achieved and how long did you hold that top speed?
Sent you a PM.

Quote:
you guys had some quick power nap in those 4 hours stay at Kanyakumari?
That was not part of the plan

Quote:
The return trip took 1 hour more probably due to the day time traffic. But your speed almost qualifies you as an iron butt rider
Well, it was not just the traffic, buy my friend had some problems. He had never done a night ride before and during the day, he was getting dehydrated and feeling sleepy. Though I insisted we take a room, he refused and wanted to continue riding, but he was scared riding fast. So the speeds decreased big time.

Quote:
Woah! Fantastic ride bro. Has the headlight of the 300 improved over the 250 (reportedly weak for the performance)?
Thank you Sir. The low beam pretty much lights up the 2-lane and for a quite a distance too. Dint have any issues. The high beam, lights up the field on the left and hits the sign boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Avi, you are crazy. When you asked me about the Ninja I did not think you would be clocking miles like this. If I knew better, I would have suggested the 650 instead.
Oh, I'm so much in love with this. I just went for a short spin again now. I'll be riding with a 650 soon, so will be to tell how different these two are.

Quote:
The way you are munching miles, you will probably be the quickest Ninja in the country to clock max miles on the odo
I'm sure, I'll continue to do this for the next 2-3 months

Quote:
Please get enough rest and sleep as riding requires a lot of concentration and focus. It is also very dangerous on our roads as a slight lapse of concentration or reflex can be deadly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
its better that you avoid night rides as its not very safe. If and when you plan to a night ride and which involves 1000+ kms, ensure that you get proper sleep
Thank you Adi & Abhi. I sleep atleast for 10 hours before any night drive/ride. I'm kind of used it because of the long drives in the Scorp. Not an expert but from my experience :

> Night rides/drives are the best as the weather is warmer/cooler.
> The mileage is much better.
> Traffic is less, except for a few trucks
> You can do constant speeds continuously for a longer time. Don't have to break often/shift gears
> People give way when you flash lights, unlike day time.

Cons :

> Need to be doubly alert.
> Will miss out on the sceneries

Last edited by aviorp : 15th January 2014 at 03:25.
aviorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 03:52   #81
BHPian

Another lame reason to ride. Felt like drinking Coffee, so went to Maddur . I'm not able to control my urge to ride. Need to see a doc soon (lol)

Left at 11:30 and came back at 2

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140115_003622.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140115_005755.jpg
aviorp is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2014, 09:59   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Curious, did you guys go to the All India Ninja meet at Nagpur?
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 22:02   #83
BHPian

5000 Kms

Found another reason to ride and in the process completed 5K kms.

> Left B'lore at 11:30PM on Thursday and reached Vagator at 10:30AM Friday - 710Kms
> Stayed in Anjuna with friends who were already there.
> Left Saturday morning at 6:30 and reached B'lore at 4:30PM
> Total distance : 1436Kms

The Karwar stretch is awesome with a lot of twisties, but the only pain is the trucks. They find the corners to be the best spot to overtake.

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0113.jpg

An early morning moon shot

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0115.jpg

They should have just named this event Harley Bike week. About 1000 of them turned up

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-collage.jpg

I was drooling over these though

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-collage2.jpg

Few custom made and vintage beauties

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-collage3.jpg

Reason why I smile more often

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_0175.jpg

The more I ride, the more I'm falling in love with her

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140118_075345.jpg

Some beautiful curves

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140118_075518.jpg

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140118_075527.jpg

With some HOG's at Kamat near Hubli

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-img_20140118_121428.jpg

My Fav of the lot

My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White-dsc_01117.jpg
aviorp is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2014, 23:04   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
5000 Kms

Found another reason to ride and in the process completed 5K kms.

> Left B'lore at 11:30PM on Thursday and reached Vagator at 10:30AM Friday - 710Kms
> Stayed in Anjuna with friends who were already there.
> Left Saturday morning at 6:30 and reached B'lore at 4:30PM
> Total distance : 1436Kms

The Karwar stretch is awesome with a lot of twisties, but the only pain is the trucks. They find the corners to be the best spot to overtake.
Hey aviorp, that was an amazing ride again. Next time you come to Goa, please keep me informed / msged. I would love to catch up with you guys.
Hope you guys had a good time at IBW2014. I had many friends ride down from Bangalore ( one rode a Honda Goldwing and other a Suzuki Bandit) and yesterday we went on a catamaran sailboat into sea for a spin. check this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ml#post3347968.

And did you take the chorla-jambuti-Khanapur-Kittur route? karwar-Ankola-Yellapur road is good, but Chorla route would have made you grin ear to ear

Infact me too had a small ride to Mangalore and back ( on work) left on wednesday and returned on thursday night to Goa. It was roughly a 800 Km ride on my 390

Last edited by ashkamath : 19th January 2014 at 23:10.
ashkamath is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2014, 21:46   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Curious, did you guys go to the All India Ninja meet at Nagpur?
Unfortunately no, as we dint have leaves to spare.

Quote:
Next time you come to Goa, please keep me informed / msged. I would love to catch up with you guys.
Sure mate, will do.

I was at the event for the first day and totally loved it. The Harley's pretty much ran the show but there were some beauties like the RS4 & panigale. The stunt show was awesome too.

Quote:
And did you take the chorla-jambuti-Khanapur-Kittur route?
I did this by car last Sep, but would love to do it by bike sometime. However some of the stretches were quite bad, so I took the Karwar stretch both ways.

Quote:
Infact me too had a small ride to Mangalore and back ( on work) left on wednesday and returned on thursday night to Goa. It was roughly a 800 Km ride on my 390
Awesome. Please do share the route details and if you have any pics.

Cheers
Avi
Old 10th February 2014, 18:25   #86
Senior - BHPian

Over the weekend i had a chance to to ride a Ninja 300 and a Duke 390 back to back.This was my first foray in to 250cc+ bikes and first ride on either of them.The 390 was explosive,that thing should come with Statutary Warning stickers.Although i drove it sanely,i got a ride as pillion behind an experienced rider which literally scared the living daylights out of me.I squelled like a frightened girl,i must admit.Jesus!

But then i got the chance to drive a Ninja 300.Thumb the starter,hear the light burble coming from somewhere,the tacho true at 1,000.The seating position was very comfortable,not to forward and you can sit up with ease.I pulled away,the first gear needing a bit of slip.
Once in traffic,the power was like riding a flying carpet,serene and strong.No vibes from anywhere,crack open the throttle,and feel the torque-like surge and beautiful burble,which has now transformed to a muted grumble.The engine refinement was exemlary.

It was a doodle,cutting through traffic.At first i was intimidated by its "superbike" persona,and expected a highly strung,on-the-edge beast.But the truth cant be farther,this is an extremely easy bike to drive.The power is linear,the gearshifts were smooth and fast and bike felt light,but not feather weight as a 390.Which is not a bad thing.In the end did just manage to see 7,000max,and after a short 10min ride it was over.

Now i see why Ninja owners swear by it.You pay for what you get.And i am totally and utterly hooked and in love with the Ninja.Too bad that pricetag makes it a distant dream.

Aviorp,you lucky man!
avishar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 06:20   #87
BHPian

The sheer beauty of the ninja 300 was enough to get me hooked to this post.
I saw a new green coloured one near my house yesterday and was blown out of my mind by the looks.
ayush1434 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 10:39   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayush1434 View Post
The sheer beauty of the ninja 300 was enough to get me hooked to this post.
I saw a new green coloured one near my house yesterday and was blown out of my mind by the looks.

There is one which comes to my office everyday and i do a dekho everyday.:-)

Beautiful bike!

Aviorp,would be nice to meet up with you on a weekend ride sometime.
Attached Images

avishar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2014, 21:06   #89
Senior - BHPian

Aviorp's white steed.The Ninja looks smashing in white.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140302_210204.png
Views: 1557
Size:  516.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140302_210437.png
Views: 1569
Size:  528.4 KB
avishar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 18:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Aviorp's white steed.The Ninja looks smashing in white.
Thank you for the beautiful clicks Avi.

A lot of rides done since the last time I updated the thread. Completed 8000Kms. Will post the pics and details soon.