Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 22nd August 2015, 16:28   #46
Team-BHP Support
Default re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

Suzuki has introduced two new dual-tone colour schemes for the Gixxer. The motorcycle will now also be available in Metallic Triton Blue with Pearl Mirage White (BAQ) and Candy Antares Red with Glass Sparkle Black (APS). Suzuki claims that these schemes have been inspired by its traditional racing colours.

The side frames of the bike will be colour-coordinated with its new dual-tone schemes and it gets clear lens turn indicators.

The Gixxer is priced at Rs. 77,166. (ex-showroom, Delhi).

Link to Team-BHP News Article

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-black-red.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-white-blue.jpg

The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc-suzuki-gixxer-dual-tone-black-red-side.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 22nd August 2015 at 16:30.
Aditya is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 11:51   #47
Default re: The Suzuki Gixxer 150cc

It would be great if you folks can pitch in and offer your suggestion on the following problem.

My Gixxer has now completed around 16/17k km in 18 months of ownership.

Of late the rear end of the bike has started swaying badly and I have to slow down to almost walking pace to stop this movement. Also I believe that the chain sprocket has gone bust as it makes a racket.

I had taken it to the authorized service Centre to rectify the swaying issue and the advisor said that there might be a problem with the chain sprocket and he asked me to replace it. I was not convinced on how replacing the chain sprocket would solve the swaying issue. I left the place thanking him for his services.

Today, rear wheel got punctured and while getting it fixed I noticed that there were cracks on the side walls and air was leaking from there. I asked the MRF guy for warranty and he said that the tyre is out of warranty.

Casually I told him about the swaying problem and he offered to check it. He removed the rear tyre and checked for play in the swing arm. To my horror the swing arm apart from the up and down movement, also went from side to side.

The MRF guy told me that this could be the cause for swaying and he asked me to take it to the service centre to replace the swing arm bush (stay bush??). He also added that this could be one of reasons for the tyre walls and chain sprocket to get damaged.

As usual, the A.S.S guys are not solving the problem and they are keen on replacing the chain sprocket. Any advice on this? Also suggest any knowledgeable A.S.S in Chennai.
katchkamalesh is offline   Reply With Quote