Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 8th February 2014, 00:41   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Bajaj Auto @ Auto Expo 2014

Wow is the word here. I am impressed with the SS400 and need to now start saving for this beauty. Bajaj has outdone itself and its the best looking bike that I have seen from an Indian manufacturer.

Thanks a lot Parrys for awesome pictures. Hope to see these bikes on road asap. Bajaj did take time to release the next version of the Pulsar gang (as I say) but its one of the best that it has done. Good show Bajaj keep up the momentum.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 08:41   #17
SDP
Team-BHP Support

The CS400 looks like another rehash of the Pulsar series. The SS400 on the other hand looks impressive and promising.

Good effort from Bajaj!

PS: The U-concept looks like a glorified rick assembled backwards (2 wheels in front and one in the rear) . On a more serious note, the concept does have potential.
SDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 08:48   #18
BHPian

Well, while the cs400 looks pretty much pulsar, its the ss400 which steals the show. Outstanding!!!!
I ride a P200 for last 5 years and bet on their reliability. These launches would make honda and yamaha bite the dust.

While yamaha, Tvs and hero are going really slow , bajaj is the front runner in getting the right products at the right time.
Shiv_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 09:03   #19
BHPian

Wow, both CS400 and SS400 looks great. Could be a good competitor for Yamaha's. RE60 is shown around for a long time and should be launched now. The U concept is like a 3 wheeler itself. I think Bajaj was looking forward for something like this

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/02...e-or-what.html
Attached Images

harikr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 17:08   #20
BHPian

From the looks of it, I think CS400 will sell in much more numbers that the SS. The fairing on the SS seems to be too much.

Kudos to the bajaj team though, this is really world class stuff from Hamara Bajaj!!

Do you guys think the turning radius for the naked version will be more than the faired one.

Also, the last possible enhancement that they can make is add Clip Ons on the naked bike!!
snowmane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2014, 22:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
From the looks of it, I think CS400 will sell in much more numbers that the SS. The fairing on the SS seems to be too much.

Kudos to the bajaj team though, this is really world class stuff from Hamara Bajaj!!

Do you guys think the turning radius for the naked version will be more than the faired one.

Also, the last possible enhancement that they can make is add Clip Ons on the naked bike!!
I agree mate.
Some portions of the SS look downright ugly to me.
The CS is way better kitted, if you leave the Metzelers.
And as far as the handle bar is concerned, I think it will be more comfortable to have a handlebar for a cruiser/sports tourer, which also will have a bigger turning radius.
preetam_KORG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 13:46   #22
BHPian

Magnificent piece of machinery been showcased by Hamara BAJAJ at the Auto Expo! Makes me proud to be a part of BAJAJ family ever since my birth which started of with the BAJAJ Chetak (Scooter of The Millennium) and is still continuing with the BAJAJ pulsar220F (The Fastest Production Variant Bike when it was launched in Indian with Carburetor instead of FI) which is just a brilliant machine, keeping in mind that it is offered by a Desi Two Wheeler Manufacturer (BAJAJ)!
Just cant wait to get my hands on the pulsar400SS. Truly state of the art technology and design been incorporated! Kudos to the R and D Team of BAJAJ.
I am sure that the 400SS will sale like Hot Cakes considering BAJAJ bikes are offered at a Value For Money price always!
Rakshith220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 19:33   #23
BHPian

Wow!

Let me repeat that

Wow!

Once each for the 400 's

Sure don't like the front mud guards.

But fantastic detailing and presence.
And compliments
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 09:26   #24
BHPian

Am i the only one who thinks that the taill light/indicators at the rear of the SS400 look a bit outlandish and after markety?
keshavarora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 12:35   #25

I have my cheque book ready in hand for the CS400 :-)
Amazing surprise by Bajaj, the beefy stance will go a long way if they bring into production as it is! Read a lot of gripes about how the tail lamp section and the Speedo apes the Diavel, but in my mind these are two extremely well applied inspirations.

The Sub 600CC market is booming in developing and developed nations alike and slowly and surely riders are moving towards easy to ride, manageable motorcycles rather than the stupendously fast liter bikes. The success of the Duke 390 here and the NC700X clearly indicate the new trend, not to forget the A2 license restrictions! This could be Bajaj's ticket to move into a slightly higher value, mid premium segment and improve their margins further! All in all! Awesome! Now when do you want my money Bajaj?
Devenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 12:44   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshavarora View Post
Am i the only one who thinks that the taill light/indicators at the rear of the SS400 look a bit outlandish and after markety?
IMO they look nice (concept wise) than the traditional Pulsar tail-lamps used in the CS400. Given the buck, I would go for the CS400 - definitely bang for money than the bulky SS400.
SJD@NewDelhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2014, 13:25   #27
BHPian

I am eagerly waiting for these to launch. I'll bring home whichever Bajaj decides to launch first. Can't wait!!
Bajaj and Hero were the stars of the show for me. Both have introduced products that leaves us enthusiasts salivating for more. Well done!
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 13:57   #28
Senior - BHPian

Personally, if there was a pick for best new product showcase in the Auto Expo 2014, I would vote for the new Pulsar twins in the bikes and the Avventura in the car segment!

Kudos to Bajaj for pulling out such a fabulous design. Hope they incorporate the twin display and inverted forks in the production variant of SS400
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2014, 20:07   #29
BHPian

Humara Bajaj has come a long way. Loved these 2 new bikes. CS/SS 400 look damn good. The LED pilots / brakelights / projectors.. looks like a engineer's wet dream

Am very impressed by their designs. Hope these hit the market soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Personally, if there was a pick for best new product showcase in the Auto Expo 2014, I would vote for the new Pulsar twins in the bikes and the Avventura in the car segment!

Kudos to Bajaj for pulling out such a fabulous design. Hope they incorporate the twin display and inverted forks in the production variant of SS400
Exactly my choices... Avventura and C/SS400...
Loved both of them.

Last edited by Bazinga : 15th February 2014 at 20:09.
Bazinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2014, 22:35   #30
BHPian

Was fliipping through channels when I saw Rahul Bajaj accepting the "CNBC-Overdrive bike of the year" for Duke 390. In his thank-you speech (in addition to taking potshots at Hero motors' celebrity endorsements and diesel bike), he mentioned that he is grateful for a fabulous response from a market that is traditionally small capacity bikes. Went on to say that the best acknowledgement from him would be launching an even bigger and faster bike very soon.

Any idea what that bigger/faster bike could be?
Su-47 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote