Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th February 2014, 11:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Wink Re: Hero MotoCorp @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Looks like the ZIR (Pronounced same way as ZMR) has garnered the maximum interest among all products displayed at the Hero stall. Me included, would like to book one as soon as bookings are announced.
I would be one of the interested persons if Hero prices it right and dont become too ambitious with the pricing.
With all such goodies packed in, I would sorely miss the ABS which would make it more attractive for the daily office runs too.
ghodlur is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2014, 23:19   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Hero MotoCorp @ Auto Expo 2014

Quote:
Looks like the ZIR (Pronounced same way as ZMR) has garnered the maximum interest among all products displayed at the Hero stall. Me included, would like to book one as soon as bookings are announced.
Once it is out , i will try to retrofit the disc brakes on to my Honda Dio !
Amogh Barakol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 13:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here is the official video released by Hero Moto Corp.
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Definitely a good move by HMC, being the first mover of such a scooter design. From news reports, looks like the ZIR is only slated to launch in fiscal 2015-2016 (likely Q2 2015 or later, then). More than a year in waiting.

I hope other manufacturers also catch up soon. Just wishing, a 35hp 300cc touring scooter for under 2 lakhs would be awesome (a detuned Yamaha T-Max,perhaps).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I would be one of the interested persons if Hero prices it right and dont become too ambitious with the pricing.
Exactly! HMC shouldn't get excited with the 'feedback' they hear and price it too ambitiously. At the same time, i'm assuming the scooter to not be cheaper than 85K but not much more either (only a 150cc engine, stripping away other features). Fair assumption?
k_ajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2014, 17:46   #34
BHPian

Seriously didn't think Hero's stall would be such a stunner. looks like the partition with Honda was a good thing to happen. Great Show!!

Loved that rimless electric bike and the ZLR. I hope they launch the ZLR with a sensible pricing (unlike the beauty queen Vespa).

The RnT design looks like they couldn't complete it before the expo and displayed whatever they have made. Its only at a design stage where they have the liberty yet they camp up with this. Could sure have been better.
veyron_head is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2014, 20:23   #35

First thing first! Awesome Job Hero!!
The Hastur is a serious eye opener and could be Hero's ticket to the European market! The ZIR could start the Big scooter era in India, finally!
Now to the most interesting concept in recent years, The RNT! That is what forward thinking is all about! I am amazed by the negative comments for the RNT by fellow members, I see the RNT as the future workhorse, the ultimate two wheeled loading solution for the rural and remote areas. And no they haven't made 'whatever' but there is serious though behind the exercise and it would be great if we understand the concept first before we comment.
Again! Awesome Job Hero! :-)
Devenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2014, 01:32   #36
BHPian

Impressive show by Hero! Frankly I never expected this from them.
The Hastur concept looks cool.
HX-250R too looks sporty. Much Better than the boring Karizma & ZMRs. In my opinion,they could have avoided the repetitiveness of the same type foot-rest sub-frames for the rider and pillion.Their angles are also almost same which brings in a factor of monotony and a visual eye-sore.Otherwise the design looks ok.
Zir also looks impressive. Finally, a scooter which is good looking and has sporty performance too.
RNT is a good concept, but I wonder what prevented them from making it look like a conventional scooter or bike. The styling is a bit confusing and I am confused as to which class of buyers will find it appealing.

Last edited by VinodDevil81 : 14th February 2014 at 01:35.
VinodDevil81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 08:33   #37

I see a lot of people converting into Hero admirers. I think Hero has just stepped out of the shadows of "Honda" and are trying their best to establish their Identity. And what a giant step it is.
Especially interested in the "Zir" as I am looking for a comfortable Scooter for City commute, which is also fun to ride. I find the Activa crop very boring and almost makes me feel like letting somebody else take me around on my own scooter. "Zir" might change that and I hope they retain the styling.
RanjuRamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 17:17   #38
BHPian

Fanatastic line up from Hero motocorp. The ZIR looks impressive. Willl definitely go in for one!
Regards,
Ashok
ashphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2014, 16:48   #39
BHPian

Smile Re: Hero MotoCorp @ Auto Expo 2014

Here's a detailed and rather interesting article about their products on display- also traces their history and tie up with EBR among other things.

http://www.gizmag.com/hero-honda-battle-buell/30727/

Cheers !
Ironhide is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2014, 14:59   #40
Senior - BHPian

Hero Splendor iSMART with Start-Stop (i3S Tech) has now been launched @ Rs.47,250 (ex-showroom Delhi). More details here:

http://indianautosblog.com/2014/03/h...-ismart-124868
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 13:11   #41
Senior - BHPian

Thumbs up Hero Leap scooter expected to start production in Feb 2015

Hero Leap which was showcased by Hero in the Auto Expo 2014 is becoming a reality. The Scooter wil see commencement of production from Feb 2015. Hero estimate 6000 units to be on the production line and depending upon the response the production can be altered.

The Hero Leap is the first made in India Hybrid scooter which comes with a 3 lts petrol tank for that short run to the electric charging point in case needed. The Scooter would weigh 140 kgs and have 13in alloy in the front and 10in steel at the rear. Top speed expected is 100 kmph with a torque of 60Nm from standstill. The Scooter will be powerd by Lithium batteries and a 11 bhp traction motor. An optimistic mileage of 300+ kms for a single charge is expected but the mileage will be the deciding factor in this segment.

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/hero-leap-...scooter-569659

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...15-388694.aspx

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/the-hero-...84-25-167.html
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2014, 13:29   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Good show put up by Hero. Shockingly pleasing! Had it not been the ugly those new Karizmas & CBZ's, I think there would not have been a single criticism. However, it is good to see them marching without Honda in this way. Just my personal opinion that they can do much better with a new brand name and a new logo.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2014, 03:20   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

HX 250R - November launch

To revive an old and dead thread - the Hero HX 250R will be launched in November. IMO - this marks the first of the new generation products promised at the auto-expo 2014.

Hope it can make its mark in a tough segment -

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...ovember/19489/
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 16:56   #44
Senior - BHPian

While we are still waiting for the launch of the HX250R, a few observation:

The front disk brake caliper has 2 brake lines, probably an indicator for a Combined Braking System a la the CB Trigger.

Also, the speedo seems to work on the rear wheel. Just near the rear disk brake caliper, you will find a tiny little wire while the front wheel has no such.

Third, the big news, the HX250R will reportedly have 2 riding modes! City and sport!

Quote:
Ideally designed to perform as a sports bike, the new HX250R will be equally good inside the city as well. This is due to the installation of dual riding modes – a first in class feature
These two modes are City and Sport. The former offers better mileage, the latter instills better performance in the bike. This will be made possible because it receives DMFi – Dual Mode Fuel Injection system with two different ECU maps, one for each of these two modes. Different riding modes are not new for two wheelers. High-end motorcycles offer such systems already, but it is for the first time we will get such tech on a 250 cc machine.

Source: http://www.rushlane.com/hero-hx250r-...-12150029.html
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:17   #45
BHPian

Just wanted to throw in an update on the new scooters launch.

Expectation for official launch announcement for at least a new 110 cc Scooter(and maybe also the 125 cc one ) is first week of June during national dealer conference in Rome. One should expect to see them with dealers in July building up momentum for crucial holiday season.
kumarshah is offline   Reply With Quote