Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th November 2016, 11:19   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Please consider a bike for your usage pattern. My daily commute is also a round trip of 45 kms, which I tried for 2+ years on my Wego (now sold). I had the same problem as Sajo, and no amount of posture or riding position change had any beneficial effect (I am 5'9'', just for your reference). Don't think it would be too different on a Jupiter or Access.

Cheers,
Vikram
Hi Vikram,

Just to satisfy my curiosity, how did you grip the handle bar?

Reason for me asking is because when someone says they're facing upper body pain from riding the first thing to observe is how they're holding onto the motorcycle.
The right way to hold onto a motorcycle is by gripping it(namely the fuel tank) with your thighs and using the handle purely for steering purposes, but since scooters are made different we tend to hold onto it by gripping on the handle bar, this in turn transfers shock to your arms, shoulders and back, the best way I counter this is by locking my knee onto the front frame when braking and cornering as it helps me to stay in place, the rest of the time I just sit casually like I do on my sofa at home while watching television.

Reason for me insisting to consider the above option is because I'm a fat dude weighing north of 110kgs and yet I've not faced any ergonomic issues with the scooter.

Cheers.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 10:22   #92
BHPian

Default Re: TVS Jupiter or something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackstallion76 View Post
I observe in few reviews about issues like petrol leakage and heating issues in Jupiter.
Also, when i did test ride on bad roads/humps the rear gives a thud. Is it due to soft suspension.
Are these resolved now in latest models?
Our Jupiter was from the first lot.
And yes, we faced the petrol leakage problem, which was due to the petrol delivery tube from the tank to the carburetor was a tad short. This was corrected by replacing it with a lengthier tube. It never re-occurred.

The Rear Suspension can be adjusted in Three stages or so. We also felt the thud, and after changing the setting of the Rear suspension to another stage, the thud stopped too.

Hope that clarifies.
yogesa is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 22:21   #93
BHPian

Thanks friends for reviews.

Coming to choosing Normal Jupiter vs Sync Brake Jupiter.
I found not much difference other than the normal Jupiter I can control to my liking.
Also, from TVS SVC told the Sync Brake is tuned with 80(rear):20(front) ratio setting.
Any specific feedbacks which would be better. Ofcourse, its individual choice.
Just want to finalize on advantage of having combi brakes over individual brakes.
blackstallion76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 12:21   #94
Senior - BHPian

Is there a sync brake Jupiter on sale too ?
I am thinking of having the disc retrofitted, given Jupiter's rather weak braking. Anyone here has done it ?
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2016, 14:52   #95
BHPian

Test drove the Sync Braking in both Wego & Jupiter.
Brakes have real bite compared to normal brakes. Not sure its a deal breaker.
But, it was confident using them. Tried atleast 6-7 times on straight line and 2 hard braking. Felt confident on Sync Brakes of TVS. Seems like tyres quality is also improved.

@sajo: Sync Brakes in Jupiter comes only with ZX models. It should be mandatory in all models.
blackstallion76 is online now   Reply With Quote