Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 27th July 2014, 19:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Daily use Scooter for Wife

^^ If Ma'am is only of average height , my vote goes to the TVS Scooty Pep+ or the TVS Streak.

You can look at the i-Activa and the Suzuki Access too before taking a final call.
vigsom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2014, 20:28   #47
BHPian

I think you should consider the Suzuki Lets. Comes with a 110cc engine which is a gem and will serve your purpose. Personally I felt the scooter is way better than the Honda Dio and the Yamaha Ray. May be there will be a tough competition between this one and the Honda Activa i. But otherwise this is quite a nice scooter to live with.

I bought it for my wife, and she loves riding that thing and sometimes I take it to my office too. It has a completely flat foot board unlike the Dio and the Ray. The fuel efficiency is definitely 50 kmpl and upwards. The top speed with me who weighs a weigh scale breaking 94 kilos was 80 km/h+ and it could have gone a little more if it isn't windy like you experience in Bangalore these days.

Consider it for

1. Design
2. Practicality
3. Power delivery (the power delivery is smooth and linear, never in a hurry)
4. Ride quality
5. Awesome fuel efficiency
6. Weighs 98kgs (Really easy for women to live with)
7. The air intake sits right underneath the seat and if you are one of those who love to hear the intake noise without breaking your bank, this little scooter is for you.

Don't consider it

1. Lack of accessories like the storage box/tray under the handlebars (the dealership guys say this will come for Suzuki soon) I have no idea when.

2. If you are one of those people who would want to go with what majority of the people would go for.

3. Brakes :( Not so great for speeds above 60 km/h.

Last edited by ron_9191 : 27th July 2014 at 20:31. Reason: Forgot to include a very important detail.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 11:47   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post
Hi guys,

I know I might be repeating the question, but I'm in a state of confusion. Need a two-wheeler for wifey for her daily commute to office. Distance would be around 13-14 kms one way.

Her requirements:

- Light weight
- Softer suspension
- Better stability

Request you to suggest some good options based on the personal experience of your better halves.

P.S. My wife is a novice to riding (has ridden a bicycle long ago)

Thanks,
Sankalp
I suggest go blindly for Wego. Go through some of the Wego advantages discussed earlier in this thread.
My wife is using Wego for last 3 years with no issues. Body balance will be very useful to your wife and she will pick up riding very quickly.
Even I use Wego occasionally and it's real fun to ride scooter.
mp417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 11:58   #49
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SankalpDesai View Post

P.S. My wife is a novice to riding (has ridden a bicycle long ago)

Thanks,
Sankalp
Funny I bumped into this thread as I was speaking to my wife early in the morning about the scooter which she is most comfortable with. She learned to ride on a Wego and I have an access. She is also a novice rider and as per her, Wego was easier to start, but once the vehicle is in motion both scooters felt the same. Having said that, I would vote for Wego, just for easy of parking it and numerous service centers, unlike a Suzuki, who seem to be in no hurry to open either many dealerships or service centers.
dass is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2014, 16:56   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountMe91 View Post
Try TVS Wego or Jupiter. Or you can go for Honda Activa-i as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ If Ma'am is only of average height , my vote goes to the TVS Scooty Pep+ or the TVS Streak.

You can look at the i-Activa and the Suzuki Access too before taking a final call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
I think you should consider the Suzuki Lets.
I bought it for my wife, and she loves riding that thing and sometimes I take it to my office too.
Thanks for the suggestions. We are planning to check out these over the coming weekend. Yes, my wife is of average height and much of the selection process is based on her fear of not being able to rest her feet on the ground comfortably.

So far we tend to incline towards the following:

TVS - Wego and Jupiter (although the latter would be heavier) Maybe the Scooty Streak as well
Hero - Pleasure
Honda - Activa-i
Suzuki - Lets (Not the Access as it is heavy)
Not considering Mahindra and Yamaha for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
I suggest go blindly for Wego. Go through some of the Wego advantages discussed earlier in this thread.
My wife is using Wego for last 3 years with no issues. Body balance will be very useful to your wife and she will pick up riding very quickly.
Even I use Wego occasionally and it's real fun to ride scooter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
She learned to ride on a Wego and I have an access. She is also a novice rider and as per her, Wego was easier to start, but once the vehicle is in motion both scooters felt the same.
Thanks. My wife read these comments and has almost made up her mind for the Wego. I too will be using this vehicle frequently, especially for daily errands, but not sure how much of my opinion will matter in the entire process.

Last edited by SankalpDesai : 30th July 2014 at 16:58. Reason: adding more info
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:13   #51
BHPian

I am confused between TVS wego and jupiter? Which one is better in terms of ride comfort and resale value?
ksaurabh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:37   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksaurabh21 View Post
I am confused between TVS wego and jupiter? Which one is better in terms of ride comfort and resale value?
Jupiter has better handling than the both. With better suspension, minimal vibrations, and a slightly bigger seat, the ride comfort for both the rider and the pillion is better in Jupiter.
There is also the comfort of filling petrol without displaying what is kept under the seat at every petrol pump. Other than that, please be noted that Jupiter is built on Wego platform, so there are a lot of similarities and there is nothing much to get confused.
With neutral looks as that of Activa, Jupiter appeals to many than Wego - so, if you do not like the dual tone shades offered by Wego, Jupiter should appeal to you.
Have you checked other manufacturers as well? There are several options these days for scooters, and depending on your need and liking you could find one. For e.g - I started the scooter search for my wife from Activa-i, Suzuki Lets, Scooty Zest and the like, and ended up with a more rounded Jupiter.
Have a good time buying a scooter!
hybridpetrol is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 18:49   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
Jupiter has better handling than the both. With better suspension, minimal vibrations, and a slightly bigger seat, the ride comfort for both the rider and the pillion is better in Jupiter.
There is also the comfort of filling petrol without displaying what is kept under the seat at every petrol pump. Other than that, please be noted that Jupiter is built on Wego platform, so there are a lot of similarities and there is nothing much to get confused.
With neutral looks as that of Activa, Jupiter appeals to many than Wego - so, if you do not like the dual tone shades offered by Wego, Jupiter should appeal to you.
Have you checked other manufacturers as well? There are several options these days for scooters, and depending on your need and liking you could find one. For e.g - I started the scooter search for my wife from Activa-i, Suzuki Lets, Scooty Zest and the like, and ended up with a more rounded Jupiter.
Have a good time buying a scooter!
There are just too many options. I also almost finalised jupiter. But then had a look at wego which was parked beside jupiter in the showroom. Upon inquiring, I learnt that most of the things are similar. But some factors that I think are in favor of wego are body balance technology and sync brake. On test drive, I can't tell the difference between the two.
ksaurabh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:03   #54
BHPian

Quote:
There are just too many options. I also almost finalised jupiter. But then had a look at wego which was parked beside jupiter in the showroom. Upon inquiring, I learnt that most of the things are similar. But some factors that I think are in favor of wego are body balance technology and sync brake. On test drive, I can't tell the difference between the two.
I have the Jupiter since 1 year now and it has given me no problems at all. The fuel average is always between 48 to 52 consistently. Body balance and all are not required if you are well versed with driving a 2 wheeler IMO.

The main stand is very easy to use and my wife is very comfortable doing it with minimum effort.

Jupiter is selling well in numbers and the service centers are also good here in Mumbai.

The seat is the most softest in its segment and that's good for city use. Overall its a great scooter.
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:16   #55
BHPian

Quote:

Go for Jupiter, it is an improved version of Wego IMO.

Getting on to wego's rear seat is difficult for Ladies, since its setup slightly higher than rider's seat, whereas Jupiter has a single long seat and should be easier to get on.Body Balance does work on Wego, can vouch for that. Not sure about Jupiter.

Whichever scooter you buy, please ensure your wife does not struggle to put both of her feet on ground ( Ensure she does not have to slide ahead to do the same ).

Also please consider Scooty Zest 110 - which shares engine with Jupiter/Wego, but is lighter/lower and has broad front wheel.

Last edited by silverado : 22nd August 2016 at 19:18.
silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 19:27   #56
BHPian

I got a Jupiter for my wife 18 Months back and she is happy. She had a Activa earlier and a DIO before that. She feels Jupiter is more stable and she feels confident compared to the other two.
vinukm is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 13:18   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridpetrol View Post
I agree with all the points. I , however, strongly recommend you buy the disc brake version (MillionR edition or something) , since I find the braking to be inadequate.
My Jupiter recently had its third free service , and I can see the mileage has improved considerably.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote