Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th July 2017, 19:25   #121
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Electra: 1,10,000 kms completed

A ride a quarter keeps the mechanic away.

I realized the engine gets better and smoother after every highway ride I do.
Did a short 300 kms ride to Penukonda and back via Hindupur. I was able to keep a steady speed of 70kmph most of the trip without a skip in beat. With the new clutch bed in, the torque was back which made moving in second gear much smoother from slow speeds.
City and highway efficiency remains the same at 25 kmpl.
Bike has run 1,14,500 kms with no issues.

Last edited by tharian : 9th July 2017 at 19:27.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2017, 11:13   #122
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield Electra: 1,10,000 kms completed

After the clutch set was replaced few months back, I have never been able to enjoy the change because the clutch adjustment nut in the right side gearbox casing was worn out and I didn't have a T-spanner to remove it and adjust.

Due to this, gearshifts were not smooth and I knew the full effect of the new clutch were not felt. I kept adjusting the cable , which didn't help since that adjusted the tension on the lever.
The most annoying part was when the first gear was engaged in standstill and the bike starts to jerk slightly because the clutch is not engaged fully.
Took it to my mech finally and he ended up loosening it too much and it ended up the same again, the other way round. Didn't want to ask him to adjust it again since he is old/cranky, instead asked him not to tighten it too much so I can adjust it later, which he didn't.
Since I wasn't using the bike much, I didn't bother until one day I was passing a garage I never visited and borrowed his T-spanner. Now the gearshifts are back to its buttery feel and I can feel some power back.

Annual service is due in a month after which I will head for a ride.
Bike is nearing 1,15,000 kms and 15 years next month.

Last edited by tharian : 18th August 2017 at 11:16.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote