Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th May 2016, 18:51   #136

Mod note: Post EDITED, please use Quote to reply, this helps with readability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beco View Post
Hello folks,

Some problems I have been facing with my Zuma these days -
1. The chain loosens quickly. The last time I tightened it and within 2 days there was noticeable slackness. -
I haven't experienced this. Also, there should be some slack & it's fine as long as it doesn't sag too much. Don't over tighten it.
Quote:
2. There are tight and loose portions on the chain. So it gets annoying to hear the sound of loose chain. the sound and feel increases with speed. -
it is recommended to have not more than an inch to two of play. In your case, check with the service associate.

Quote:
3. The rear suspension makes a broad noise (dhapp) when into a pothole or speed-breaker. It is not very loud, but noticeable to rider. What could be the reason?
Try playing with the shock absorber adjustment. It has 7 settings, by default is set at 3.
Quote:
4. The front tire sometimes act weird and resulting into special effect.
- explain?

And congrats on the milestone! Do post an ownership review.

Last edited by Jaggu : 26th May 2016 at 19:00. Reason: Please use Quote to reply, this helps with readability.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2016, 19:08   #137
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
Finally took the plunge bought myself a Candy Red Zuma with around 2500kms on the odo.
The bike is Aug-14 make the first owner bought it in Oct-14
Do you mind sharing how much did you pay for the purchase.?
How is the service and parts availability?
abhishek46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2016, 18:43   #138
BHPian

Suzuki USA is issuing a recall of the Inazuma due to a defective wiring harness. Any chance this affects the bikes in India?

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuk...l-gw250-models
bivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 07:28   #139

The recall affects bikes manufactured in 1013 and 2015. The fix is to install a waterproof shield over the rear wheel brake light switch.
Water entering through the brake light switch was found to have corroded some of the wires leading to a short circuit.
Got this from an Indonesian Inazuma owner. I enquired with Suzuki dealership in Bangalore and was told they have received no such information. My bike has a 2014 manufacturing date.
Olympal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2017, 12:31   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
Suzuki USA is issuing a recall of the Inazuma due to a defective wiring harness. Any chance this affects the bikes in India?

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuk...l-gw250-models
I don't think so. Mine is a 2014 model & I haven't received any call around this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
The recall affects bikes manufactured in 1013 and 2015. The fix is to install a waterproof shield over the rear wheel brake light switch.
Water entering through the brake light switch was found to have corroded some of the wires leading to a short circuit.
Got this from an Indonesian Inazuma owner. I enquired with Suzuki dealership in Bangalore and was told they have received no such information. My bike has a 2014 manufacturing date.
I guess the issue is with 2013 & 2015 motorcycles only. Still, will check on this aspect with my local SA.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2017, 11:00   #141
BHPian

Dear friends, l am thinking about getting a used Inazuma in very good condition. It has run about 8 k. I will be using it for touring and a little bit of commuting. I would like to know about serviceability with respect to regular consumables and wear and tear parts like clutch plates, sprockets etc. I plan to hold on to the bike for at least 4 years and may be sell it for 30- 40 % of my purchase price. Your advice is very valuable . Thanks
GreenmachinE is offline   Reply With Quote