Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2015, 10:39   #181
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 925 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
hello folks,
Finally i got my bike delivered yesterday. Thanks to @theexperthand and @ebonho for your valuable advices. Thank you so much.
Congratulations. Wish you countless miles of trouble free rides.

PS: Do post your experience and review
What color did you opt for?


--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 13th July 2015 at 10:40.
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 10:46   #182
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chennnai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Congratulations. Wish you countless miles of trouble free rides.

PS: Do post your experience and review
What color did you opt for?


--Anoop
Dear Anoop,
Thank you for the wishes. You and your detailed thread helped me narrow down my option. I chose white for my baby. As a newbie rider who got stuck in 5~6 km long traffic on a new bike, I have to say that the 200 inspired confidence in me that I can learn a lot with this machine . Coming to the run in part, Do I have to look into something specifically?
Thanks in advance.
vishnurohith is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 12:01   #183
Senior - BHPian
 
ebonho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 3,942
Thanked: 3,170 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
hello folks,
Finally i got my bike delivered yesterday. Thanks to @theexperthand and @ebonho for your valuable advices. Thank you so much.
Congrats buddy. Do post some photos and a first impression review.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 12:08   #184
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 925 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
Dear Anoop,
Thank you for the wishes. You and your detailed thread helped me narrow down my option. I chose white for my baby. As a newbie rider who got stuck in 5~6 km long traffic on a new bike, I have to say that the 200 inspired confidence in me that I can learn a lot with this machine . Coming to the run in part, Do I have to look into something specifically?
Thanks in advance.
Nope - unless you are some one who likes to revv the pants off at any given opportunity. Just take it slow, as you normally do - there is no need to baby the bike, but at the same time, do not rip the bike during the initial kilometers. In short, just ride normally, and you will be good

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 20:04   #185
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chennai
Posts: 94
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

My D200 completed 1K after 8 months. Gave her for 3rd free service today. Not using the bike as frequently as I planned initially. Met with one accident when the bike was one month old. Thankfully minor. Hopefully once the Sun cools off a bit, will take her to office rides frequently.
pisthpeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 21:16   #186
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 925 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisthpeeps View Post
My D200 completed 1K after 8 months. Gave her for 3rd free service today. Not using the bike as frequently as I planned initially. Met with one accident when the bike was one month old. Thankfully minor. Hopefully once the Sun cools off a bit, will take her to office rides frequently.
Ouch! Hope you and bike did not suffer anything major. Do take her out more and open her up when you can - now that you have done 1K, you do not need to restrict the RPMs any more. Revv and Enjoy

PS: Or, did you mean 10K?

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 15:37   #187
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chennnai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Hello all,
I have reached my 1000km mark in three weeks, now looking for the first service to free up my machine from the rpm limiter which i had hard time dealing with. I am looking forward to change the oil to fully synthetic motul 300v as i heard it's the best on offer right now. My question is what grade i prefer from 10w40, 15w50 or 5w30 ?. common knowledge says lower the viscosity easier is the flow. And one more stuff to share is I had a crash in the second week leading to few bruises here and there. The bike took a fair amount of the damage leading to a torn left grip and bent knee guard which I brought back to previous position by bending it. But i quite feel that the handle is very slightly bent with left side being closer to body than right. very slightly. But when i gave the bike to someone who knows my bike he couldnt even spot it. Do i have to change it completely or anyother way possible?
vishnurohith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 20:43   #188
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 925 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
Hello all,
I am looking forward to change the oil to fully synthetic motul 300v as i heard it's the best on offer right now. My question is what grade i prefer from 10w40, 15w50 or 5w30 ?
...............

Do i have to change it completely or any other way possible?
I use Motul 300v 15W50.

Are you really sure the handle bar is bend? Check it out with another duke when you go for service. If it is not much, it can be straighten - no need to change it fully for a slight bend.

PS: Hope nothing happened to you during the fall.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2015, 23:07   #189
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: chennai/neyveli
Posts: 70
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
Hello all,
I have reached my 1000km mark in three weeks, now looking for the first service to free up my machine from the rpm limiter which i had hard time dealing with. But when i gave the bike to someone who knows my bike he couldnt even spot it. Do i have to change it completely or anyother way possible?
It's better to change the handle bar after a crash.Even a slightest bend in handlebars can cause discomfort during long rides and handlebars are cheap.As for the leg guard even if you bring it to its original shape,it wont have that stiffness of a new one,so better change that too.
nitninja is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 09:21   #190
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Chennnai
Posts: 11
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Anoop & Nitninja,
Hi. Finished my first service. I got the oil changed to 300V 15W 50. It's really smoother than I expected and it smells like banana.good.. The thing with handle bar is the SA said it has a very minute bend which he hammered back to shape. Now it does'nt feel weird anymore. SA advised me to stick to 7100 for 200 duke since he has found a customer using 300V on a duke 200 and ending up with a unique crank noise problem. Any leads on this?. And 300 V is better on 390 controlling its cluttery noise than on 200 which is better at stock in my opinion.
vishnurohith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 20:37   #191
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,268
Thanked: 925 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurohith View Post
Anoop & Nitninja,
Hi. Finished my first service. I got the oil changed to 300V 15W 50. It's really smoother than I expected and it smells like banana.good.. The thing with handle bar is the SA said it has a very minute bend which he hammered back to shape. Now it does'nt feel weird anymore. SA advised me to stick to 7100 for 200 duke since he has found a customer using 300V on a duke 200 and ending up with a unique crank noise problem. Any leads on this?. And 300 V is better on 390 controlling its cluttery noise than on 200 which is better at stock in my opinion.
I have heard different version of horror stories from SA about using 300V in Duke, but thankfully, the place I get my baby serviced (Auto Service), have always encouraged me to stick with 300V

Don't worry, enjoy the 300V.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:24   #192
BHPian
 
saleem_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 193
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Has anyone had the problem of squealing sound from the front tyres? I have had this intermittent sound that has increased ever since the first service. While I heard some say this is normal bearings rubbing against each other some others have asked me to get the brake pads cleaned. Anyone who is exactly aware of what this noise could be, would be immensely helpful!
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2015, 21:47   #193
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 1,044 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Has anyone had the problem of squealing sound from the front tyres? I have had this intermittent sound that has increased ever since the first service. While I heard some say this is normal bearings rubbing against each other some others have asked me to get the brake pads cleaned. Anyone who is exactly aware of what this noise could be, would be immensely helpful!
It's the front fork/cone set. Happens at very low speeds, such as when you park your bike properly at the parking lot. Tightening the cone and greasing the front wheel bearings should do the job.
Also, get your front brake pads cleaned if the squealing comes especially during applying front brakes.

Hope this helps.
barcalad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 19:11   #194
BHPian
 
saleem_k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 193
Thanked: 42 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
It's the front fork/cone set. Happens at very low speeds, such as when you park your bike properly at the parking lot. Tightening the cone and greasing the front wheel bearings should do the job.
Also, get your front brake pads cleaned if the squealing comes especially during applying front brakes.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response barcalad. I forgot to mention that earlier it happened when I used to move my bike manually, specially when removing it from parking. Now I hear the sound even at speeds in excess of 80 kmph. And another thing that I noticed is that when I apply the front brakes the squealing sound disappears for sometime and comes back in about 100 meters or so. I think I need to visit the service center soon before this problem blows up into something big. Otherwise the bike runs beautifully and accelerates like mad.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2015, 19:43   #195
BHPian
 
barcalad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 757
Thanked: 1,044 Times
Default Re: The Duke of Direwolves - Lisbeth, my KTM Duke 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Thanks for the response barcalad. I forgot to mention that earlier it happened when I used to move my bike manually, specially when removing it from parking. Now I hear the sound even at speeds in excess of 80 kmph. And another thing that I noticed is that when I apply the front brakes the squealing sound disappears for sometime and comes back in about 100 meters or so. I think I need to visit the service center soon before this problem blows up into something big. Otherwise the bike runs beautifully and accelerates like mad.
Anytime!

Do update us after the SVC resolves the issue.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold! hillram Motorbikes 65 13th May 2016 07:21
KTM Duke 200 : Baby Duke 222 unites with her new family! ebonho Motorbikes 931 17th November 2015 16:02
KTM Duke 200 launched @ an introductory price of Rs. 1,17,500/- (Ex-Showroom Delhi) MurtazaGhiya Motorbikes 222 13th November 2013 18:53
The Duke Finally arrives! (KTM Duke 200) Shubz Motorbikes 76 4th April 2013 10:57
Scoop: KTM Duke 200 caught testing in India! Scorcher Motorbikes 130 24th January 2012 14:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks