Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd August 2016, 16:25   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
It was 800+ Kms on the Vespa. Still less than your 1200+ Kms
Yes the roads were good throughout.
I'm writing my travelogue and you can expect it very soon on TBHP
Looking forward to your travelogue . 800 kms is also not less. I am sure you would have had more fun as you didn't encounter bad roads at all. For us, the Amboli ghats were a real pain , even though the Vespa tried it's level best to make the drive as comfortable as possible.
Waspune is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2017, 21:38   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive

The Vespa completed one more paid service 2 weeks ago. The vehicle ODO was around 22300kms and overall there were some signs of ageing. some loose bolts, the 'S' of the rear 'VespaS' badge broken by someone in an attempt to to take it out, a loose ORVM which was freely rotating.

Our Matt Black Vespa S 125: Pricey, but exclusive-20170227_184027.jpg
S removed

My wife was not very satisfied with the previous service and she asked me if we could give it somewhere else. I was thinking of giving it to the dealership in Koramangala, but then due to time constraints, we decided to give it to the same usual Hosakerehalli dealer for one last time. All the above mentioned niggles were mentioned as complaints. We told him to leave the badge without 'S' as it is.

As usual, A 9AM drop and a 4PM delivery happenned. But this time, the service quality was considerably good and my wife was really happy. She told that it was like a new vehicle. Brake pads were changed for the 1st time for ~1300Rs and total of 2900Rs
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 11:32   #123
BHPian

Hi Hemanth,

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but since yours was the last updated thread and also planning to buy from the same dealer I thought of asking you couple of queries.

I have booked a matt red vespa and the delivery date is 29th June. How is the dealer in terms of service? Anything that I need to keep in mind? Also any pointers while doing PDI would be greatly helpful.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 13:26   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Hi Hemanth,

Sorry for hijacking your thread, but since yours was the last updated thread and also planning to buy from the same dealer I thought of asking you couple of queries.

I have booked a Matt red Vespa and the delivery date is 29th June. How is the dealer in terms of service? Anything that I need to keep in mind? Also any pointers while doing PDI would be greatly helpful.
First of all, congratulations on the Vespa. It's a beautiful vehicle. Wonderful choice of colour

About the dealer and the service, you have be careful or clarify some things before hand.
1. They start the warranty day count from the date of booking and not the delivery date. One of my friends had more than a month between booking and delivery because the dealer took some time for registration with a fancy number. But every time, they call for a service reminder 1 month in advance and even after informing repeatedly, they say it is the company policy and that they cannot change it and warranty will be void if not serviced. My friend was fed up with them for this. So please confirm and get the delivery date in the service booklet. Just imagine, my friend got a call 3 days after delivery for his first service!!!
2. In every service they charge some battery maintenance charge of 90 rupees (god knows what they do) and some petrol additive charge. we should specifically tell them not to charge this every time
3. they push for some useless Teflon coating thing every time.
4. Be aware that there is a scheduled service every 3 months and an additional one after the first month. Every alternate one is a free service till the 9th service.
5. One other point-which may not be a big issue, but still...For reasons best known to him he wants to push out the vehicle as soon as possible and register the vehicle a day or 2 later. Even though I had specifically told that I'll take delivery after registration, he lied to me that it is already registered and gave the vehicle. only after I got the RC did I know that the vehicle was registered 3 days after I took delivery

Vehicle PDI-wise, please check the seat hinge, the dealer usually keeps changing the seats of vehicles. So it may not be tightened enough.

Otherwise he is decent enough if not bad. Service work wise there are no issues. It's these cheap tricks of his to make some quick money that irritates me. I now know my way, so it's not a big problem.

Edit:
And our vehicle completes 3 years this week...the ODO is nearing 25,000 Kms and I must say there are hardly any signs of ageing. Happy with the decision so far.
The tyre still seems to have lot of life left in them. Planning to change the tyres at 30k kms. Any idea what is the usual recommended tyre change interval for scooters?

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 12th June 2017 at 13:34.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2017, 18:04   #125
BHPian

Quote:
First of all, congratulations on the Vespa. It's a beautiful vehicle. Wonderful choice of colour
Thank you! I left the color choice to my wife as its her daily ride. Its like selecting one candy out of a jar of multiple colors.

Quote:
About the dealer and the service, you have be careful or clarify some things before hand.
1. They start the warranty day count from the date of booking and not the delivery date. --SNIP--. So please confirm and get the delivery date in the service booklet.
I had read from your thread about the warranty part. I did ask him and he mentioned that it starts from the invoice date. So I had requested him to make the invoice on the same day as delivery date. Will remind him again.
2. In every service they charge some battery maintenance charge of 90 rupees (god knows what they do) and some petrol additive charge. we should specifically tell them not to charge this every time.
Strange it is. Will keep this in mind
3. they push for some useless Teflon coating thing every time.

4. Be aware that there is a scheduled service every 3 months and an additional one after the first month. Every alternate one is a free service till the 9th service.
When I asked him about service intervals he mentioned its every three months and every alternate one is free. He did mention that the first service is after 1st month
5. One other point-which may not be a big issue, but still...For reasons best known to him he wants to push out the vehicle as soon as possible and register the vehicle a day or 2 later. Even though I had specifically told that I'll take delivery after registration, he lied to me that it is already registered and gave the vehicle. only after I got the RC did I know that the vehicle was registered 3 days after I took delivery

Again I will make sure to keep this in mind. I have requested for delivery on a specific date even though I will be paying the complete amount the coming weekend.Let me again keep this in mind

Vehicle PDI-wise, please check the seat hinge, the dealer usually keeps changing the seats of vehicles. So it may not be tightened enough.

Otherwise he is decent enough if not bad. Service work wise there are no issues. It's these cheap tricks of his to make some quick money that irritates me. I now know my way, so it's not a big problem.
Once again, thanks for taking time and posting useful info.
TorqueyTechie is offline   Reply With Quote