Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 12th July 2014, 01:50   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air

In the context of laws and guidelines, here is what the ASCI's website lays down as a guideline to advertisers in automotives (http://www.ascionline.org/index.php/...uidelines.html):

Advertisers are encouraged to depict advertisements, in a manner which promotes safe practices, eg wearing of helmets and fastening of seatbelts, not using mobiles/cell phones when driving, etc.

I believe it is a no-brainer to decide whether the Hero bike ad follows this guideline.
Kumar R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 16:08   #77
BHPian

Default Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air

I may not be the best judge when it comes to ad censorship. However, I guess a good number of motorcycle ads will qualify for censorship in that case.

I am wondering why are the ads approved in the first place when they flout the rules laid out.
Motormania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2014, 16:36   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post
In the context of laws and guidelines, here is what the ASCI's website lays down as a guideline to advertisers in automotives (http://www.ascionline.org/index.php/...uidelines.html):

Advertisers are encouraged to depict advertisements, in a manner which promotes safe practices, eg wearing of helmets and fastening of seatbelts, not using mobiles/cell phones when driving, etc.

I believe it is a no-brainer to decide whether the Hero bike ad follows this guideline.
Refer to my earlier post. The hero ad compiles with all the stated regulations. Advertising is to generate interest in a product. And today they are called commercials. If going by the rules all deodorant ads ate flouting it even more than the automotive industry. I do not promote the hero ad but it us a fine example of rider capability
rulerofsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2014, 17:13   #79
BHPian

Talking Re: Irresponsible advertising by Motorcycle companies. EDIT: Xtreme ad pulled off air

When you have the same old technology, with minor cosmetic changes and nothing else to show, I guess you should have that "flexible morality" to sell your product.

If you look at all their products, these companies have been unable to make even minor improvements and innovations.

They have to cover their impotence with such ads!
mvadg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2014, 05:09   #80
BHPian

Of late I am struggling to find time to watch T.V. Is this Ad still being telecasted or has it been pulled off air?
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote