Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st October 2014, 19:26   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Nice review. This is one bike I would love to own but the thought of it going Jazz way is what keeping me off it, plus its availablility in very limited number of dealerships, even by Suzuki's paltry standards. I am eagerly waiting for the day when Suzuki announces that it will commence its manufacture here in our country.
Piyadassi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 21:50   #17
BHPian

Lovely Review! Your obeservations about the CBR250r are spot on. Being a CBR owner i can vouch for that.
After the price cut i have been thinking to get a test ride for the Zuma.
The reviews coming in are all gaga about the ride quality.
I called a Suzuki dealer near my place. I called up around 1.30p. The conversation is was as below
Me: Hello. ******* Suzuki. I would like to enquire about the Inazuma
Showroom: What?
Me: Suzuki Inazuma. Bike
Showroom: Umm. Haan
Me: Aap test rides provide karte hain?
Showroom: Gaadi abhi service ko gaya hai.
Me: Kuch details mil sakta hai?
Showroom: Abhi lunch time hai. Aap baadmein call karo.

Saying that he Hanged up.

After seeing this attitude I was completely put off. He did not even have the courtesy to take my name or number for a follow up call.
So much for a Premium Product.
I can still give them the benefit of the doubt assuming it was lunch time, Some non - sales related person had answered the phone.
I will personally be going to the showroom. If i come across the same experience then its going to be BYE-BYE
iron is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 22:09   #18
BHPian

Here's the link
http://www.vicky.in/accessories/suzu...-engine-guard/
Came across this post for a Leg Guard. For Rs160/-

Another video on Youtube listing out a few accessories like Crash Bar..etc

Parent website for accessories
www.gw250inazuma.com
iron is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 22:09   #19
BHPian

Congrats for your new purchase.

A very good review indeed. More than that, I think you have taken a very pragmatic decision in getting Inazuma. We all know how the dukes are mesmerizing most of us, but you didn't get carried away and took a decision going by your requirements. Apart from the excellent ride quality, I am very much sure that the build quality is also top notch when compared to ones on other bikes in the same price category.
This bike will excel in touring as well.

Wish you good luck and safe riding.
shan_ned is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 17:36   #20
BHPian

Olympal,

Congratulations!! Crisp and neat report. I have my eyes set on Inazuma since long, have to take a plunge soon.

How much did it cost on road, including accessories? And how much in general would be the cost for upkeep of it, say yearly?
BusyBoyKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:23   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Congratulations !!

Just like you, I am ex-bulletter. Frankly, this is a far superior product to the bullet. The bhp/price ratio seems bad compared to say the Duke 390, but the Suzuki's long strong twin cylinder unit makes has much more usable low/mid-range. Duke 390 makes it's power at very high rpms. So, it depends on your driving style. If you drive fast at high rpms, get the Duke 390. If you are a relaxed cruiser kind of guy get the Inazuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron View Post
If i come across the same experience then its going to be BYE-BYE
Sales people in most dealerships are poorly paid poorly educated folks with little job satisfaction. Not worth deciding on purchase of 2.x lakh bike based on a sales person who keeps jumping jobs every few months. Better to assess a vehicle based on your needs, rather than based on the person you get on the phone. Only the high volume/major suzuki dealer can afford to stock this bike.
4x4addict is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 19:56   #22
BHPian

Thanks for such a nice review of a not so nicely received bike by the public. With the price cut I am sure it has become one of the options for many looking for a good affordable cruiser. If this gains popularity slowly then Suzuki might even bring out version 2.0 with better aesthetics.
zaks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2014, 23:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Considering this Suzuki is good being a cruiser (probably the best at the asking price), is pillion and luggage friendly, how much more do you get with a Inazuma over a cheap Hero ZMR?
A very valid question & one for which I too am curious to know the feedback from the owners.
The ZMR is cheaper than Zuma, comes with 20BHP now, is pillion & luggage friendly, long wheel base, refined engine & the suspension set up is good to soak the majority of bad roads at least. It can cruise easily in the 110-115kmph range as well. So what is the USP of the Zuma (apart from 4BHP more that it makes than the ZMR).
Of course the new ZMR looks hideous to say the least is a subjective opinion and I have seen quite a few new ZMR's on road already in B'lore.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 10:04   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

IMO, these are all relative questions. We all advise everyone to drive safe & stay under speed limits. Be it in a BMW or a Nano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
It can cruise easily in the 110-115kmph range as well. So what is the USP of the Zuma (apart from 4BHP more that it makes than the ZMR).
The suspension, the brakes, more relaxed engine. Have a look at the torque figures. And most importantly, the build. I have had a Karizma and it felt happy just shy of 100kph, not that it can't do 110-115kmph all day, but you get the drift And at the end of the day, you get what you pay for.

If I had to tour two up, I think, I would have picked up a CBR-250R.

And yes, you can't ignore the VFM proposition of the Karizma. Nowadays, 150's have touched the Rs.90K price bracket & here is a sweet 223cc at that price.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

How is the headlamp throw and spread? Is it adequate to do decent speeds on the highways at night with it?
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:16   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
How is the headlamp throw and spread? Is it adequate to do decent speeds on the highways at night with it?
It's good if you point the beam downwards. I did so and the focus and throw is adequate if there is no oncoming traffic to contend with. I plan to fit couple of LED lamps to the crash bar for additional spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyBoyKK View Post
How much did it cost on road, including accessories? And how much in general would be the cost for upkeep of it, say yearly?
The on road price was 247K. The main stand for 5.5K. Got a bullet crash bar fitted for 1500. Plan to get a luggage carrier made and LED lamps installed.

First service cost Rs 1850 including 2 lts of synthetic oil. Service every 6000 kms expected 2K thereabouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Sales people in most dealerships are poorly paid poorly educated folks with little job satisfaction. Not worth deciding on purchase of 2.x lakh bike based on a sales person who keeps jumping jobs every few months. Better to assess a vehicle based on your needs, rather than based on the person you get on the phone. Only the high volume/major suzuki dealer can afford to stock this bike.
Well said sir. You cannot judge a vehicle by the quality of its salespeople. Your own requirements and product assessment should be the deciding factor. By the way, your 1000 kms report was one of the influencing factors in my Inazuma decision. Hope you are having fun with your bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A very valid question & one for which I too am curious to know the feedback from the owners.
The ZMR is cheaper than Zuma, comes with 20BHP now, is pillion & luggage friendly, long wheel base, refined engine & the suspension set up is good to soak the majority of bad roads at least. It can cruise easily in the 110-115kmph range as well. So what is the USP of the Zuma (apart from 4BHP more that it makes than the ZMR).
Of course the new ZMR looks hideous to say the least is a subjective opinion and I have seen quite a few new ZMR's on road already in B'lore.
My nephew has a Karizma and I have been riding it on and off. But after the Inazuma experience, I would not want to go near the Karizma again. The Inazuma is better, in fact much better in every aspect of motorcycling. Be it acceleration, ability of hold high speed, riding comfort, braking, parts quality, handling and ergonomics. Of course, if price is a factor than the ZMR offers good value for money.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 23rd October 2014 at 20:28.
Olympal is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 15:51   #27
BHPian

- No accessories such as crash guard and luggage carrier. The same are offered by Suzuki in Europe. I had to do a “jugaad” and fit a bullet crash bar. Am working on a luggage carrier as well.

Nice write up. Makes me want to buy an Inazoomy as well. The bike looks butch. And yes planted it is. Sat on one in the Showroom and it does have solid presence.

I am still trying to figure out why you had to fit that Crash Bar. I am sure that it will do more damage to the Exhaust pipes and radiator if the bike (God Forbid) keels over. By the way...the clamp and rods/pipes holding the Crash Bar need to be chromed or painted.
Instead of a Side Pannier see if a Tank Bag would serve your purpose. Check the link below
[url="http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycles/suzuki-gw250/tank-bag/"]

Happy riding!

Last edited by boohooper : 23rd October 2014 at 16:17.
boohooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2014, 12:06   #28
BHPian

Very detailed review highlighting the practical side of things. Thanks for the review, wishing you many many safe and enjoyed miles with the bike.

I had the Inazuma in mind when I cancelled my TBTS 500 booking in January this year. I waited a while for it to be available in Cochin, Kerala. It was a very long wait. I booked and got my TBTS 500 delivered two months back. Ironically, the Inazuma was launched in Cochin two days later. Currently riding the Thunderbird, as some one said, if the product becomes more popular and a better looking V2 comes around, there is always a chance that my TBTS goes on Quikr.
basilmabraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 10:22   #29
BHPian

i too was confused whether it was available at all in kerala, the official suzuki site points to coimbatore as the nearest dealer and then came the kawasaki Z250, confusion increased now. one is bland and the other has the killer looks.
nevinfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2014, 11:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevinfrancis View Post
i too was confused whether it was available at all in kerala, the official suzuki site points to coimbatore as the nearest dealer and then came the kawasaki Z250, confusion increased now. one is bland and the other has the killer looks.
While the Z250 does look like a million dollars, scratch beneath the skin and you have the internals of the by now outdated Ninja 250. On top of that it doesnt get ABS and with an ex showroom price of Rs 2,99,000 it doesnt really make a VFM proposition.
neil.jericho is offline   Reply With Quote