Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 04:45   #31
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 160
Thanked: 177 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
First service cost Rs 1850 including 2 lts of synthetic oil. Service every 6000 kms expected 2K thereabouts.
How it is just 2000?

The people at Bittu Suzuki in Delhi told me that service cost is 4000 AI at every 5000 KM. I had another discussion with Ravi Automobile in Manesar ( satellite town of Gurgaon). I visited his so called Suzuki showroom which is what what MSIL 800 is to a car. Though I was wearing bathroom slippers, he was very eager. He confirmed the service cost. He said PMS charge itself is 1300.
It true, this whole thing is absurd. Hyundai PMS for Getz is 1190 I guess. For every 5000 KM, the service costs is like 4500 that includes wheel balancing, alignment, Injector cleaning etc which I guess are not required for bikes.
atnyia is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 11:03   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 1,906 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Congrats on your superb ride! Inazuma is indeed the only option for folks who like their bike smooth and sedate, but powerful at the same time.
abhishek46 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 11:08   #33
Senior - BHPian
 
abhishek46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 1,906 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
A very valid question & one for which I too am curious to know the feedback from the owners.
The ZMR is cheaper than Zuma, comes with 20BHP now, is pillion & luggage friendly, long wheel base, refined engine & the suspension set up is good to soak the majority of bad roads at least. It can cruise easily in the 110-115kmph range as well. So what is the USP of the Zuma (apart from 4BHP more that it makes than the ZMR).
Of course the new ZMR looks hideous to say the least is a subjective opinion and I have seen quite a few new ZMR's on road already in B'lore.
hello, My 2 cents! The ZMR is nowhere close to the magical refinement offered by the zuma. the smoothness of the parallel twin has to be experienced to be believed.
abhishek46 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 11:56   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,100
Thanked: 1,492 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If I had to tour two up, I think, I would have picked up a CBR-250R.
I know you said this in comparison with ZMR. Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring? I am searching for a couple tourer. New ZMR position is bit too bent for my liking, and it doesn't give power surges like CBR. Interested in hearing other views.
ani_meher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 14:09   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I know you said this in comparison with ZMR. Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring? I am searching for a couple tourer. New ZMR position is bit too bent for my liking, and it doesn't give power surges like CBR. Interested in hearing other views.
Sharing my 2 cents... Between CBR & Zuma, for comfortable 2 up touring with luggage, the Zuma definitely due to the long, wide, ample, single seat which is supposed to be very comfortable as per the reviews here & that wonderful suspension which soaks up the bumps very well. I guess once run-in of the engine is done, it should be able to cruise in the 120 kmph range without any vibes creeping in (taking a guess regarding this point). If it can, then Zuma would be a good 2 up tourer. CBR has a slightly more lean forward seating than ZMR so you might not like it too.
abhinav.s is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 00:46   #36
Newbie
 
rajaghuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Congrats on the Zuma, Olympal!

Being a fellow Zuma rider, I can vouch for all the positives, you've mentioned. Mine has barely done 500 km. Am waiting to unleash the potential, after running it in.

I'm surprised that the vibes around 5500 rpm is across bikes. I'm a bit concerned, when you say it persists after 1st service.

I'd like to get a similar crash guard done. Can you please post a close-up of it (not ready to shell out 18 grand for the OEM part, at the moment)?

Wishing you many miles & happy smiles.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 08:44   #37
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 4,808 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Can you say which one from CBR250R and Inazuma will you prefer for two up touring?
Inazuma will be more comfortable. No two ways about it. Points to consider is, how do you like to tour, fast for a small distance or for 10 days from 6am to 6pm. For the former, I will pick the CBR-250R, for the latter, the Inazuma.

And yes, please, do not ride at the speeds which you normally do while riding solo. The dynamics completely change, so please factor in that

On any bike, I will stick to ~100kmph on wide, free roads, two up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Sharing my 2 cents... Between CBR & Zuma, for comfortable 2 up touring with luggage, the Zuma definitely due to the long, wide, ample, single seat which is supposed to be very comfortable as per the reviews here & that wonderful suspension which soaks up the bumps very well. I guess once run-in of the engine is done, it should be able to cruise in the 120 kmph range without any vibes creeping in (taking a guess regarding this point).
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2014, 23:41   #38
BHPian
 
Ricci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 743
Thanked: 910 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Congrats and wish you miles and miles of satisfying riding!

I was very surprised when the reviews of the Inazuma praised it, I was expecting it to be badly panned and shredded. I haven't ridden it myself, as the showrooms in town don't seem to have one even for display ; but the amount of praise given for the ride quality and lack of vibration , the Zuma does have a trick or two up its sleeves.

I still think though, for the price, 24hp and 135km/h is low VFM ; but I or anyone considering a 250 should ride the Zuma , CBR250R and KTM for more than a few dozen km before deciding, sometimes the underdog impresses the most.

One question - how good/bad is the headlight ?
Ricci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2014, 00:00   #39
Newbie
 
rajaghuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
I still think though, for the price, 24hp and 135km/h is low VFM ; but I or anyone considering a 250 should ride the Zuma , CBR250R and KTM for more than a few dozen km before deciding, sometimes the underdog impresses the most.

One question - how good/bad is the headlight ?
Sometimes, a TR clears the air! That said, my first choice in a 250, was the CBR & the non-availability dampened my spirits. Then a TR on the Zuma, I was happy that I didn't go for the CBR & that things finally worked out for the good.

I find the headlight beam spread to be good & par for the course.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 21:55   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,632
Thanked: 1,256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
Sometimes, a TR clears the air! That said, my first choice in a 250, was the CBR & the non-availability dampened my spirits. Then a TR on the Zuma, I was happy that I didn't go for the CBR & that things finally worked out for the good.

I find the headlight beam spread to be good & par for the course.
Since you have TR both, can you please give a short comparison on the ride comfort and position.
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2014, 23:05   #41
Newbie
 
rajaghuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Since you have TR both, can you please give a short comparison on the ride comfort and position.
Well, the CBR is a comfortable bike, no doubt, provided you favor a slightly leant forward position (it's a relative term, as I have long arms & don't have to crouch as much as shorter folks).

The riding position is slightly more relaxed in the Zuma & is not totally upright as in a regular commuter, which, in my books is preferable for long rides, as it doesn't cause discomfort. What favors the Zuma is that silky smooth engine, ride quality & stability.

I've not ridden mine extensively now. But, I'm happy with my decision as for city commutes, this has a relaxed rider triangle & appropriate gearing.

If you tour extensively, you'd probably benefit from the wind protection of the CBR & lesser upkeep costs.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:15   #42
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: bangalore
Posts: 22
Thanked: 51 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajaghuru View Post
Congrats on the Zuma, Olympal!

Being a fellow Zuma rider, I can vouch for all the positives, you've mentioned. Mine has barely done 500 km. Am waiting to unleash the potential, after running it in.

I'm surprised that the vibes around 5500 rpm is across bikes. I'm a bit concerned, when you say it persists after 1st service.

I'd like to get a similar crash guard done. Can you please post a close-up of it (not ready to shell out 18 grand for the OEM part, at the moment)?

Wishing you many miles & happy smiles.
Wish you many happy years of Inazooming!

Regarding the crash bar fitment, you need to find a good lathe workshop to modify the bullet bar by welding an extension to the bar mount. To keep the bar a little away from the exhaust pipes and the radiator. The clamp at the back should be heated and molded to fit the shape of the Inazuma's frame. Get extra long bolts to cover the extended distance. After fitment, rest the bike on the bar either side to see if the bar holds firmly. Hope this helps. See the attached pix.
The bike is getting smoother by the day and the rough patch at 5500 RPM a slight irritant, not a problem. I did a 150 kms ride last weekend holding 100 plus speeds. Butter smooth ride with wonderful control and all the way. The brakes are progressive. I apply the front brake first followed by the rear brake to bring the bike to a stop very quickly.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report-img_0055.jpg  

Olympal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 10:33   #43
Newbie
 
rajaghuru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 20
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympal View Post
Wish you many happy years of Inazooming!

Regarding the crash bar fitment, you need to find a good lathe workshop to modify the bullet bar by welding an extension to the bar mount. To keep the bar a little away from the exhaust pipes and the radiator. The clamp at the back should be heated and molded to fit the shape of the Inazuma's frame. Get extra long bolts to cover the extended distance. After fitment, rest the bike on the bar either side to see if the bar holds firmly. Hope this helps. See the attached pix.
The bike is getting smoother by the day and the rough patch at 5500 RPM a slight irritant, not a problem. I did a 150 kms ride last weekend holding 100 plus speeds. Butter smooth ride with wonderful control and all the way. The brakes are progressive. I apply the front brake first followed by the rear brake to bring the bike to a stop very quickly.
Thanks a bunch, mate. Will get one done soon.

Yes, the brakes are good, but lack initial bite. They are progressive though & do a good job of hauling the big bike down.
rajaghuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:26   #44
BHPian
 
Added_flavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 614
Thanked: 735 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

Was planning to book a test ride and opened the Suzuki India website only to find Inazuma absent from the website. Looks like they have stopped sales in India? Anyone knows better?
Added_flavor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 21:57   #45
BHPian
 
Philistine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai, India
Posts: 38
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Suzuki Inazuma: Initial Ownership report

That's wierd. Saw the bike on the website through my laptop last week.

Here's the link to it anyway: http://www.suzukimotorcycle.co.in/inazuma.aspx

Another thing was that when I searched for the Inazuma on the mobile site it didnt show up but was there on the full site. Could be some glitch in web maintenance for all that matters! Hopefully?!
Philistine is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suzuki Inazuma - 1000 kms Report 4x4addict Motorbikes 140 13th March 2017 11:00
Suzuki Inazuma 250cc launched. *UPDATE* Price slashed by 1 lakh! Leepower Motorbikes 266 11th November 2015 10:23
My Xeta - An Initial ownership report EDIT: 25000kms report on Pg.2 rock18 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 33 24th March 2011 00:13
Scorpio VLX- Initial Ownership Report shatrughna Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 49 3rd March 2010 16:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:25.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks