Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 17th October 2006, 15:08   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha boy
hi friends,

I am a new member from chandigarh . Being an autofreak its great 2 join this community . Well guys I own a yamaha rx135 4speed (2002).....it has done 65000~kms till date. its running on .50 oversize pistons. the boring was done around 42000~kms.
my prob:- Now its has lost its performance punch n being a performance freak n yamaha lover , i've decided 2 redo its engine ....
m getting new NGK SPARK PLUG , CLUTCH PLATES(org),AIR FILTER(org), rx135's MUFFLER (all nickel one like rx 100's . m getting it all new from yamaha ppl for 1500rs ) , ALL CABLES....hmmm..now comes the most important part i.e. piston,rings n cylinder block.

Experts please suggest me whether i should go for original piston kit from yamaha (costs arnd 3100rs) or i should get a another oversize (.75 pistons n rings) n get the cylinder re-bored . Which of the above option will give me better results(performance wise).. ??

HELP ME EXPERTS!!!

!!!ride safe!!!!\
yamaha boy
Hey.. performance wise i suggest you to get a new 5 speed barrel from yamaha sales, new clutch plates..This will really help you in the long run..The 5 speed barrel will rev much higher and give you a couple of more BHPs...
shazikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2006, 15:14   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by higautham
hi guys... i got a RXZ 135 5 gear,14 bhp.2001 model. i waited for months to get this model to be launched. i love my bike. it performed very well for last 5 years. but now it shows some probs. engine has becme weak. i did all service properly in the interval of 3k kms till date.totaly it has run 60k now.Avg FE is 32 now. some times it drops to 28.
Now iam planing have some repairs on enginge side and others. now a days i am not a speed freek. i need to get some more FE. heard that if i replace the cylinder head unit with that of a RX135 12 bhp engine, FE is will improve a lot. i need some clarifications on this. And about a K&N filter some some other mods on my bike.
please help me, for making my most loved bike to a much more smoot and Fuel efficient, with out loosing much of the thrill of RX series..

RX ROCKS
Just play with your carb and jets and see if you can improve mileage... If you put a KN filter you have to rejet your carb to pump more fuel to compensate for more air.. else you will run leaner and heat up the engine. I have a RX135 4 speed and am thinking of changing to 5 speed barrell
Old 17th October 2006, 15:17   #48
BHPian

Default pilot jets

Hello guys.. i am trying to find accurate pilot jets for my Mikuni carb. i am using a KN filter and i need to up jet the pilot jet as the 0-1/4 throttle performance is very bad.. Any idea where i Bangalore i can find accurate jet sizes?
Old 17th October 2006, 15:25   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon
Hey.. performance wise i suggest you to get a new 5 speed barrel from yamaha sales, new clutch plates..This will really help you in the long run..The 5 speed barrel will rev much higher and give you a couple of more BHPs...
hey with 5speed barrel n clutch plates ...do i have 2 add a 5th cog also .... or just 5-speed barrel will make it pump 14bhp
Yamaha boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2006, 11:08   #50
BHPian

Quote:
hey with 5speed barrel n clutch plates ...do i have 2 add a 5th cog also .... or just 5-speed barrel will make it pump 14bhp
No you dont need a 5th gear.. 4 speed gear box is fine!!
Old 14th November 2006, 12:17   #51

Question RX-135: 5-spd and 4-spd gearbox quiery

Hello people
I have an RX-135 2004 make 4-spd bike
Igot my Barrel ported (exhaust around 4mm)
The max speed i could do on it was 110 to 115kmph on a long straight
The only other mod was a modded SILENCER (CAT Silencer) for free flow exhaust (INBUILT... It's called inbuilt in Bangalore and Mysore)

The stock 5 spd bike as per the company profile has to do a 110

so now my question arises
1) Is the final gear ratio of a 5-spd and a 4-spd same?
2) Is it really worth fitting a 5-spd gearbox on my bike?

I have some more mod's: changing the Carb to the RD-carb, K&N Filter, Expansion Chamber for Top-End.
If I would be able to hit a much higher top speed with a 5-spd gearbox rather the 4-spd gearbox, it would help me on my efforts.

Finance is not a concern and I know mech's in Bangalore and Mysore who can get it done for me

and if possible can anyone give me the gear ratio's for both the 4-spd and 5-spd, it would help me decide whether to go for it or not...
iamdstig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 00:52   #52
BHPian

can any one tell me what does the orange color indicator in rxz incates???? its on the top right corner of the rpm meter.
inicially when i bought my second hand bike the indicator glows when the bike is in neutral gear, but now a days it blinks when i change from 1st to 2nd gear. i dont know much about this. can any body help me out?
Rajeev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2006, 11:35   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev29 View Post
can any one tell me what does the orange color indicator in rxz incates???? its on the top right corner of the rpm meter.
inicially when i bought my second hand bike the indicator glows when the bike is in neutral gear, but now a days it blinks when i change from 1st to 2nd gear. i dont know much about this. can any body help me out?
oil it will be "on" if your in neutral.
jkdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2006, 01:32   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdstig View Post
Hello people
I have an RX-135 2004 make 4-spd bike
Igot my Barrel ported (exhaust around 4mm)
The max speed i could do on it was 110 to 115kmph on a long straight
The only other mod was a modded SILENCER (CAT Silencer) for free flow exhaust (INBUILT... It's called inbuilt in Bangalore and Mysore)

The stock 5 spd bike as per the company profile has to do a 110

so now my question arises
1) Is the final gear ratio of a 5-spd and a 4-spd same?
2) Is it really worth fitting a 5-spd gearbox on my bike?

I have some more mod's: changing the Carb to the RD-carb, K&N Filter, Expansion Chamber for Top-End.
If I would be able to hit a much higher top speed with a 5-spd gearbox rather the 4-spd gearbox, it would help me on my efforts.
A stock 5Speed will do around 115kmph on the speedgun we have tested. The inbuilt chamber is good for a stock bike or a mildly ported one, it will make a difference in acceleration but won't give you any better topspeed compared to a normal 'chrome' silencer. The gear ratios you can get from the factory manual it's in there, i had the manual now i don't have. Don't go for the 5speed box just for top speed, it won't make much difference. First get the engine mods done, then play with sprockets, after that if you think you want then go fo 5speed box, believe me it won't make much difference to top end. The ratios are closely packed, it'll give you better acceleration.

K&N filters (or any filter with a metal cap at the opp end) are not good for two stroke engines, go for UNI filter. The original carb is good enough for upto 135kmph trust me RD carbs are not that good, your responce will suffer.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2006, 01:36   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeev29 View Post
The orange one is for the oil, your neutral light indicator will 'ALWAyS' light up for a millisecond when you shift from 1st to 2nd because the neutral is in between 1st & second. Used to happen with my bike when shifting in a relaxed manner. Other wise if you shift really fast you won't notice it.
Old 28th December 2006, 23:10   #56
BHPian

Default thanks

thanks sankar. but now a days it starts blinking even in the gear. is it indicating insufficient engine oil
Rajeev29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 09:20   #57
Senior - BHPian

that light has nothing to do with engine oil.

maybe the switch inside the oil tank has got scewed and giving you false readings. get a new one
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 13:29   #58
BHPian

hello fellow tbhpians,
I ride a Honda Activa n i had always been a fan of an rx for its sound and shiny chrome silencer,tank cap n rims.Now am gettin an rx for myself after years of desire......Its a 98 RX 135 4 speed...It belongs to ma cozn n he got a new bik,so he is passing the rx to me (Ohhhh i jus lov my cozn).....actually it will be with me by next week...Now i got a pic of the bike n here it is....

seeing the bike am lil bit worried as the whole bike is leaking the oils
actually am not so literate in the 2 stroke area n so kindly request fellow bhpians to give an idea of how good the bike is....i mean how much should i spent on the bike to prevent such leaks......the bike has new tires,rims,wiring n paint job.It just needs a good wash...
so fellow bhpians pls helpout....also add a "Please" smilie here as i hav already passed the 2 smilie rule.....hehe

Last edited by hari_rama : 29th December 2006 at 13:33.
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2006, 13:44   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm that bike needs a proper clean up job

As for the oil leaks don't worry about it, RX engine is not prone for leaks you have to get the oil seals changed that's all.

From the pic it looks like..

Your carb is leaking - check the float level, float needle & seat, check the carb gasket. 2t oil tank - check the glass window for leaks. Open up the left side casing and check the gear shaft oil seal, the clutch rod oil seal and your gearbox sprocket oil seal. The gearbox sprocket oil seal looks like it's shot there's too much oil around the chaincase.

Buy the oil seals only from the Yamaha dealer and it should come in yamaha blister packing.
Old 29th December 2006, 14:05   #60
BHPian

Sankar, thanks for the reply.....Oh yes cozn had said tht 2t oil pump needs replacement....any idea how much it costs....i have heard tht the 2t oil pump cannot be repaired easily n its better to buy a new one??
Also which are the best 2t oil available in market
hari_rama is offline   Reply With Quote