Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th August 2016, 11:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Wicked Ride, Bangalore - Rent a Harley Davidson or Enfield Bullet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Had the worst experience of my life with WickedRide, Indira nagar, Bangalore.

Did you get to talk to one of the guys who started this, (Anil and the other two, can't get their names ).
From the couple of interactions I had with them, they are pretty understanding and willing to listen. That is just these guys.
They have a bunch of college pass outs who I noticed the last time I rented a bike and they are pretty lame.
Suggest you talk to Anil or the other chaps about your grievance and see what comes out of it.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 15:29   #32
BHPian

I also rented a RC390 some time back and like you said did not read the terms and conditions. But I was told very clearly by Jason (their rep at Motoadda, Indranagar) while picking up the bike that there is a per day km limit and also that there is top speed of 100 kmph limit. I was told that the first time I exceeded it I would get a warning call and after that each time I crossed the limit I would be fined INR 100.

Obviously, the ride was quite boring on the highway and I came back after only about 50 kms. But the terms were explained quite clearly to me.

Also, I spoke to a couple of other people who had rented earlier from WickedRide and they all told me that they warn you but dont really enforce the rule. And also that this condition is in place for insurance purposes (their deal with the insurer).
killjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:09   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Suggest you talk to Anil or the other chaps about your grievance and see what comes out of it.
Thanks Tharian.

Looks like my feedback reached out to the right ppl (Anil, Vivek).

Vivek reached out to me and apologized for everything and agreed to refund the penalty amount.
1000bhp is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 13:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000bhp View Post
Had the worst experience of my life with WickedRide, Indira nagar, Bangalore.
Couple of times I have hired a bike from them, they have been pretty clear about the terms and conditions. I remember when I had first hired, they did not have the yellow plates and the hirer could not use their insurance in case something happens. They had made it pretty clear.

Hope your experience is just a one-off case.

The speed limit of 100kmph is a downer!

Edit: Just wanted to add that I had hired from their Jayanagar branch.

Last edited by sanjaykk : 10th August 2016 at 13:59. Reason: Updated location
sanjaykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2016, 13:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

Recently one of my friend rented a Royal Enfield from Wild Boar Rentals. A couple of occasions he did exceed 100 kays and was called advising him to keep speeds within safety net.
He was not fined but instead given a good reasoning as to why the speed limit is set to 100 Kays which was logical to say the least. Bike rentals are still in infancy stages and I feel it will mature with some more days/months to go by.

Last edited by ku69rd : 23rd August 2016 at 13:08.
ku69rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 23:02   #36
BHPian

WickedRide seems to have launched partnership program!

Wonder what the logic is!! Don't know if any biker would be ready to do this.
sanjaykk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2016, 01:33   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
WickedRide seems to have launched partnership program!

Wonder what the logic is!! Don't know if any biker would be ready to do this.
On the face of it, and without going in to the details, the program makes a lot of sense. They can have people buy the bikes, so essentially they move to an 'asset lite' model. Since those people will rent/lease their bikes of WR portal, WR earns money on a bike that they do not even own. They then share part of this revenue with the bike owner.

I actually thought of this idea a while ago and did a tiny little survey on it. Unfortunately, the survey results were not encouraging. Most of the 'luxury' bike owners (Definition=600cc and above) either refused to share their bikes or didn't really want the additional income (they didn't care as much about money; biking was more a passion for these riders).

The scheme is not too dissimilar from the Zoomcar car sharing program.

- A
Abhi_Automobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2017, 08:37   #38
BHPian

Guys I have a query. I am planning to rent a bike in Bangalore mostly Harley Forty Eight for a day. It comes with a 300KM/day distance limit.

My query is about taking the bike to another state, AP/TN or KL, is there any additional paperwork required at state borders for these rented bikes? WickedRide's website T&C mention about this is required and otherwise insurance is not covered.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
narayanang76
narayanang76 is offline   Reply With Quote