Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 12:37   #1
Team-BHP Support

Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900

Hero has finally launched its cafe racer - Hero Splendor Pro Classic at 53,900/- ex-showroom Delhi. The variant is priced at a premium of almost 10k compared to the regular Splendor+ and within the range of 7k - 9k off the Splendor Pro range.

For the extra price, you get a new customary fuel tank, side cowl, silencer can, mudguards and a bulging rear. Exciting design elements that were showcased at the Auto Expo 2014.

Powering the bike will be the same 97.2 cc engine producing all of 7.7PS and 8.07 Nm of torque, mated to a 4 speed gearbox.

At the current price, it becomes the cheapest cafe racer in the market which features the likes of Royal Enfield Continental GT.

News Source - Overdrive

Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900-120img_3202-1.jpg

PS - Thought I'd live the life of a reporter for a few mins! Hard! Now since that is over - 10k over a Splendor for this - a 7.7PS cafe racer?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 5th September 2014 at 12:57.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:25   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hero Splendor Pro Classic - 7.7 PS Cafe Racer launched at Rs. 53,900

This is indeed automobile joke of the year. Hero has been flogging the reliable but anemic engine for decades. And people do flock their showrooms for their strong faith in the brand (can't blame them, their machines are indeed reliable though over-priced and sparse).

PS: No offence to any owners. And my last 4 bikes have been Bajaj-make and a Honda scooter along with it.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 13:58   #3
BHPian

Can anyone please help me to understand what exactly makes a bike "cafe racer"?
Is this a joke? To call a <100cc bike a racer officially?

What's wrong with Hero? It looks a cheap copy cat design of RE's cafe racer. First new ZMR's headlamps, now this, I am sure they are deteriorating day by day.
Old 5th September 2014, 14:37   #4
BHPian

I like this model.

Giving a mango man affordable stylish cafe racer without compromising on fuel economy.
shashant is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 14:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

Something is seriously wrong with Hero motocorp. Firstly they showcase bikes like hastur and HX250R, but launch bikes like the new Karizma ZMR/R, Splendor Cafe racer . These designs are truly ugly.
At 53,900 this bike makes no sense. If they really wanted to make a cheaper cafe racer they should have had used the CBZ/Hunk platform. Splendor was,is and always would be a reliable workhorse. There is no point in making it sporty in a way that it loses its USP.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 14:47   #6
BHPian

Calling this a cafe racer is blasphemy. Giving a blind eye to the engine for a minute, nothing about this expect the seat even remotely screams cafe racer. For starters, no clip ons or even clubman handlebars, no rear sets. Heck, the silencer is commuterish and the mud guard is an eyesore. Pointless variant.
2legit2quit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 14:59   #7
Senior - BHPian

"Cafe Racer". What a joke!!

Probably the guys at Hero Corp meant to say this:

- You order your Cappuccino, pay the bill, settle down, chat with your better half, order your muffin, have your coffee and exit happily.

- The Splendor racy "Cafe Racer" manages to reach 0-60 kmph while you were at the cafe.

Way too Racy!!
arnabchak is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 15:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

If Royal Enfield can make a cafe' racer that doesnt do 'a ton' mark and can get away with it, I dont see any problem with this at all!

PS. Except the footpegs and drum brakes!
man_of_steel is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 15:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

This is the 'kaapi racer'. Why should a handful enjoy the different types of bikes, it should be affordable for all and that's how I look at this.

Although I'm sure we won't find many on the road, there may be few who want a different bike but can't afford the big boys. So Hero has given them this.
We had the Hero Honda Sleek which was supposedly the sportier version of the CD100 and back then no one laughed at it, because we didn't have these many bikes.

man of Steel - RE is working on getting the GT to hit the ton. Don't ask me the source.
tharian is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 16:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
PS - Thought I'd live the life of a reporter for a few mins! Hard! Now since that is over - 10k over a Splendor for this - a 7.7PS cafe racer?
Crazy Driver - Just tell me that it is the kind of reporting they do for The Onion and Faking News! This has to be be a joke!

Hero should consider bringing the goodies they promised in the Expo. Not this joke. It will be an object of ridicule on road.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 16:47   #11
BHPian

Don't know what the executives at Hero have been smoking lately,but I suspect it's from Afghanistan.
The main objective of this(I assume) is to make fun of RE.
"If you can do a cafe racer that does 25 Km to the liter,we'll do a cafe racer that does a 100.......and sell it cheap"
Hopefully Hero doesn't troll Triumph by releasing a Splendor Bournville(With Electric start and optional lockable fuel lid @ ₹20000)
and H-D, by the Splendor Superflow(with the option of upgrading the exhaust to the Hero 'Screaming Gandaberunda')
Hey! We now have two cafe racers that have a 0-18Mph times on their brochures(And the Hero might just be faster)
Patriot_Vishwas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 17:27   #12
Senior - BHPian

If they are trolling RE, let them troll all they like. I am all for that.

But this bike - oh well. No comments. How many will they sell?
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2014, 18:01   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

Do they conduct product workshops for such hideous creations at all? Who would buy this thing?

A typical Splendor buyer (in 2014) would be an absolutely no non-sense guy who wants to play safe by buying something which has proven to be reliable and fuel efficient for decades and wouldn't experiment with anything else (Not even from Honda's own stable). Are they expecting this unique breed to pay +10K for this creation?!
Old 6th September 2014, 04:22   #14
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepUP! View Post
Can anyone please help me to understand what exactly makes a bike "cafe racer"?
Is this a joke? To call a <100cc bike a racer officially?

What's wrong with Hero? It looks a cheap copy cat design of RE's cafe racer. First new ZMR's headlamps, now this, I am sure they are deteriorating day by day.
These contributed to the cafe racer look -

Swept-back pipes
Clip-on's or 'Ace' bars
Larger carburetors
Rear sets

And another popular expectation was that a cafe racer should be an affordable motorcycle that should be able to hit a 'ton' or 100 mph. Even the RE Continental GT fails by this defenition though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
This is the 'kaapi racer'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
It will be an object of ridicule on road.
I'm wondering whats the target crowd! The usual splendor crowd would have been happy to get an additional seat added, rather than one reduced!
Old 7th September 2014, 11:19   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Just tell me that it is the kind of reporting they do for The Onion and Faking News!
Please tell me if this qualifies -

Quote:
While the Splendor Pro Classic might not succeed in arousing the interest of the enthusiasts, with such a lucrative price tag, Hero MotoCorp has definitely brought this nostalgic and exciting segment within the grasp of the masses.
Full article here -

http://www.bikewale.com/news/1685-he...ing-weeks.html
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks