Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2014, 13:05   #16
BHPian
 
adnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

A bit off topic - but do you know if the TB 20 litre tank is available OEM for classic 500 and is it a direct fit? Assuming it should be since the frame is the same?

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
adnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 14:16   #17
Tgo
BHPian
 
Tgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pata(l)-Jaipur
Posts: 345
Thanked: 267 Times
Default Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
A bit off topic - but do you know if the TB 20 litre tank is available OEM for classic 500 and is it a direct fit? Assuming it should be since the frame is the same?
I think even if the mounting points match the bigger tank will not fit because the handlebars will foul with it on full turn.
Tgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2014, 18:27   #18
BHPian
 
adnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
I think even if the mounting points match the bigger tank will not fit because the handlebars will foul with it on full turn.

Thanks Tgo - guess changing the handlebar is an option to make it work!


Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
adnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2014, 11:58   #19
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Great efforts in such a descriptive differences study. Indeed appreciable. Have also got to hear about some design changes in the standard as well as optional extra thump silencer for better PC and thump of-course, shriller sound is the target it seems. (as heard from some sources related to RE part vendors).
If it comes, I am definitely going to get one fitted on my RE Bullet ELectra 350 (R.E.B.E.L as I love to call it.)
AkashN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2014, 23:06   #20
BHPian
 
arin_12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 597
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2014 at 10:01.
arin_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 12th October 2014, 17:58   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 73 Times
Default

I went to the RE brand showroom on Bannerghatta road in Bangalore today to have a look at the TB 500 colors. The sales person informed that an earlier discontinued color-Black (gloss finish) has been reintroduced 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

The sales staff at RE brand store informed me today that RE has re-introduced Gloss black color in TB 500 around 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th October 2014 at 07:09.
shaikhmimran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 10:51   #22
BHPian
 
adnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 29
Thanked: 8 Times
Thumbs up Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaikhmimran View Post
I went to the RE brand showroom on Bannerghatta road in Bangalore today to have a look at the TB 500 colors. The sales person informed that an earlier discontinued color-Black (gloss finish) has been reintroduced 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

The sales staff at RE brand store informed me today that RE has re-introduced Gloss black color in TB 500 around 3 days back. So now TB 500 is available in 4 colors.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).
Are the waiting periods still the same for TB? 6-8 months or have they come down substantially with the operationalization of their new plant?
adnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th October 2014, 13:46   #23
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 77
Thanked: 73 Times
Default Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
Are the waiting periods still the same for TB? 6-8 months or have they come down substantially with the operationalization of their new plant?
You are right. The waiting period of TB 500 is within 1 month (some dealers quote 1-2 months). For TB 350, its 4 months. I have attached the latest price list and the handwritten figures indicate the waiting period in months.
Attached Thumbnails
What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods-photo.jpg  

shaikhmimran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2016, 14:10   #24
BHPian
 
The Great's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 604
Thanked: 600 Times
Default Re: What Royal Enfield brochures won't tell you - Subtle mechanical changes & mods

One more difference I found out is that the classic 350 has plain mudguards, whereas the Classic 500 has these stripes on the front and rear mudguards (except for the Desert storm all classic 500 models have the stripes and pin stripes)
Attached Images
  
The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car brochures and catalogues. Do you collect them? Dippy Shifting gears 146 27th July 2013 21:07
When did Royal Enfield become "Enfield"? pullin Motorbikes 1 25th June 2010 13:34
Royal Enfield Bullet STD 350 slight changes 5000KMS shan2129 Motorbikes 10 18th May 2010 17:51
My Subtle yet Suave Swift - Stage 1 Performance Mods Complete Mi10 Modifications & Accessories 14 3rd May 2010 11:28
500cc Royal Enfield vs NEW 350cc Enfield scottoe Motorbikes 22 13th October 2009 16:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks