Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st September 2014, 23:01   #1
BHPian

Default Rider Mania: November 2014 @ Goa

Hello all,

This is a call for all fellow Team BHPians who will be joining this year's Rider Mania 2014, at Vagator Beach, Goa.

Lets chalk out the details for this biking extravaganza. I know people will be riding from various parts of India for this event. Tell us from where you are coming? Let the family get to know each other at the beaches of Goa, let the bullet brotherhood be stronger, for its a crazy bond that binds us all.

Lets discuss everything over here, starting from planning till the culmination of the event, along with your individual rides both towards Vagator, Goa and return back to your respective hometown.

For me, Yes, I will be travelling with my Amun-Ra, if everything goes as planned (that means Vitamin M only). What about you? Are you joining us? How do we identify ourselves.

Link for this event is as below :-

http://royalenfield.com/ridermania/

Come, lets meet, lets get to know each other, a little more, on the sands of GOA.
Majumdarda is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 12:50   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Rider Mania: November 2014 @ Goa

Here's an awesome report by bblost on the 2012 Rider Mania.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 20:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majumdarda View Post
Hello all,
For me, Yes, I will be travelling with my Amun-Ra, if everything goes as planned (that means Vitamin M only). What about you? Are you joining us? How do we identify ourselves.

Link for this event is as below :-

http://royalenfield.com/ridermania/

Come, lets meet, lets get to know each other, a little more, on the sands of GOA.
I am probably gonna be there too [Vitamin M arranged, Vitamin L (leaves) still not ]. Will definitely look you and your Amun-Ra up if i get there. I hope this thread has a lot of activity as I would also like to get to meet some T-bhpian's there!
rahul4321 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2014, 21:07   #4
BHPian

Whats a rough estimation on the budget? Excluding hotel I am thinking of max 10000, which will include petrol, some entertainment as speciality of Goa and some affordable RE merchandise. Hotel is already taken care of. Is there any other expenses worth noticing, which might jeopardise the plans.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd September 2014 at 14:22. Reason: Rule #11. Please keep the same in mind. Thanks
Majumdarda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 18:22   #5
BHPian

I've also registered for the event. Will need to take a crash course on R.E maintenance and pack necessary spares. Hope I get to join a group of riders for the Journey.
nijelj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 19:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Well, the "real" Rider Mania is between 24th/25th Jan, 2015.

http://bobmcridermania.com/
naveenroy is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2014, 22:51   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
I've also registered for the event. Will need to take a crash course on R.E maintenance and pack necessary spares. Hope I get to join a group of riders for the Journey.

I am sure you will get some groups from Bangalore too as they are showing a huge registration count too. Travel in a group is definitely a boon and it has its own advantages. But as you are talking about crash course for RE maintenance, I was just wondering if you have recently brought your Re. If that be the case then its always best to complete the run in before going for some real long rides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, the "real" Rider Mania is between 24th/25th Jan, 2015.

http://bobmcridermania.com/
RM is also hosted by bobmc but the topic is not about what is real or not. The purpose is enjoyment, meeting fellow riders at a common place. Looking forward to see you at Goa if possible
Old 24th September 2014, 10:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Majumdarda, you are a very new entrant to the world of Bullets in India, and its history, infighting, clubs, and biker politics.

Navennroy is correct.

There is only really one Rider Mania. Always has been, and with the community's support, always will be.

And none of the core Bullet crowd who started Rider Mania in 2002 would need to put "real" in quotes.

It was a movement started by the riders and has been kept alive by the riders.

The company which was with the riders at one time then wanted to hijack the whole event. And split.

The new entrants know little of the genesis of the entire games played. That however does not change the facts, as known by all who were there at the time.

Last edited by ebonho : 24th September 2014 at 11:09.
ebonho is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 14:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The purpose is enjoyment, meeting fellow riders at a common place. Looking forward to see you at Goa if possible
Well, I agree on that point. If so, please try and go to the real Rider Mania and you will enjoy it even more. True fans of the Royal Enfield and the brotherhood is to be seen to be believed. One heck of an experience it is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
The company which was with the riders at one time then wanted to hijack the whole event. And split.

The new entrants know little of the genesis of the entire games played. That however does not change the facts, as known by all who were there at the time.
Yeah, long story and I guess the Clubs have now moved on. For us, after all it wasn't just about the name!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 16:36   #10
Senior - BHPian

I have got myself registered. Riding from Bangalore but nothing is true until I sit on saddle. Such is life! Hope everything falls in place and I would be riding to Goa just for the kick of it - probably my first long ride that is more than 500Kms one way!

I am following this thread to see if I get any tbhp company from Bangalore to ride along!
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2014, 17:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
But as you are talking about crash course for RE maintenance, I was just wondering if you have recently brought your Re. If that be the case then its always best to complete the run in before going for some real long rides.
Nope, not a new RE, The bike has done its running in under fellow bhp-ian Nims. his travelogues are here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...errerid=114810 (RE Classic 500 trip to alappuzha beach)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...sic-500-a.html (bangalore to Kottayam-kerala on my RE Classic 500)

I had done the Kottayam-Bangalore run recently and my friend had taken it for Bangalore-Hyderabad-Bangalore run without any issues too. So not expecting any problems, but helps to be prepared I guess.
nijelj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 10:03   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Majumdarda, you are a very new entrant to the world of Bullets in India, and its history, infighting, clubs, and biker politics.

Navennroy is correct.
That is definitely correct. Though I am not much aware of the club rivalries and other things that come along with it, but have definitely heard something from my senior riders and on the net. Something, which like you have rightly said, a new entrant like me will not be able to make much out of it, till I get involved more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Well, I agree on that point. If so, please try and go to the real Rider Mania and you will enjoy it even more. True fans of the Royal Enfield and the brotherhood is to be seen to be believed. One heck of an experience it is!...
Definitely naveenroy, that I will definitely try. I have also heard a lot about this RM event being hosted by the BOBMC and would like to be at the venue sometime. Might not be possible coming 2015, but I sincerely have the wish and the intention to be at the event. Might be for that I will have to travel solo, as my rider buddies are aficionados of the one hosted by the RE.

That said and agreed, the sole purpose of putting up this thread, is to meet my Team BHP friends, advisers, seniors, well wishers, who have always helped me and others with their knowledge and skills. I have learnt a lot from you all, and therefore wished to meet at least some of you, at this mega event. Bullets are probably what binds some of us and therefore this wish to meet, personally to get to know more.
Old 25th September 2014, 10:49   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though I am not much aware of the club rivalries
Club rivalries had nothing to do with this. Most clubs (most of the big ones, the ones RM started with - save one obvious renegade) are completely in sync on this issue.

To cut a long story short, there is and has always been only one RM. The one of the rider, by the riders, and for the riders.

The other so-called "RM" is a captive corporate marketing gig controlled and run by the company. And the type of riders you see there are by and large the new entrants (no offense).

The "corporate/lifestyle Bulleteers" from the IT companies and BPOs which flocked to the BRAND more than the BIKE when the UC hit the market. And the thousands of new clubs that mushroomed overnight in each city post the same - a very clear and well thought out strategy of the company to build a parallel community and marginalise and dilute the impact and importance of the founding father clubs.

Simply put, it was a hostile takeover. The company kicking in the balls the very riders who helped build the brand and the cult folowing it enjoys today.

Quote:
as my rider buddies are aficionados of the one hosted by the RE.
What I said above.
ebonho is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2014, 16:02   #14
BHPian

Well till now the registration numbers at the RE page is as follows:-

Bangalore : 352
Pune : 286
Mumbai : 223
Navi Mumbai : 59
Thane : 52

I was just wondering if none are Team BHP members, as I do not see anyone updating their ride plans etc
Old 6th October 2014, 18:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quick Update -
I have registered myself but not really sure if I can make it. Some other personal commitments cropping up at the same time it seems, hence the uncertainty. Hopefully I get the t-shirt from store for the registration money I spent, even if I don't make it to the event
abirnale is offline   Reply With Quote