Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th May 2016, 12:30   #121

Default Re: Initial Ownership Review: Royal Enfield Continental GT

Just finished doing the Achetty loop, pretty lazily though (over 5hrs), learnt a couple of things;

1. No matter how much you ride the bike, the low battery indicator will always light up when you come to a standstill (some RE ghost for sure in the elctronics)
  2. It's way too much fun to ride the bike uphill. I've only been driving cars before this and uphills are always not-welcoming. This is the first time I actually really enjoyed riding uphill. The bike is so responsive, it doesn't seem at all that it is doing extra work. Really enjoyed it.
chopra.dhruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2016, 21:56   #122
BHPian

I have been riding the GT for the last week after a gap of almost two months. I was trying to log in as much mileage as possible on my Himalayan.
The biggest difference I noted in the GT was the lightness of the clutch and also the butter smooth gear shift compared to the Himalayan. The difference is huge. And I love the torque of the GT
arulpeem is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2016, 01:11   #123
BHPian

Chopra,

The battery indicator coming up does not mean the battery is low. It comes up when the battery is discharging, such as when headlights are on and we are at very low speed. It is just an information to caution you, but not warning you. You can ignore that as long as it is not continuously lit for prolonged periods. Have a good ride!

Mallik Kovuri
mkovuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2016, 21:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
The high rpm may come back to haunt once the air breather rubber develops cracks. We need to find a DIY fix for this, the technique suggested by mkovuri mate looks worth a try.
I think the fix that was put on my bike worked. In the past few months, for some jerks in movement, I suspected if this pipe had developed cracks again and needed replacement. But both the times, the mechanic, that pipe is fine since we put the electrical tape on. So I can see the problem is gone for now. How long? Not sure. Good for now

Mallik Kovuri
mkovuri is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote