Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 6th February 2016, 16:12   #106
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Undying hunger, my 5th Royal Enfield - The Thunderbird 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin_v8 View Post
Maybe the jokers at the RE service centre forgot to tighten the fuel line hose clip, but wait why did they take it off in the first place?? Perhaps I will ask them next time.
To remove the grit and dirt on the engine they need a degreaser. The cleaner guy used the petrol from your bike to clean the engine. Hopefully only your engine.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 12:23   #107
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Undying hunger, my 5th Royal Enfield - The Thunderbird 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
To remove the grit and dirt on the engine they need a degreaser. The cleaner guy used the petrol from your bike to clean the engine. Hopefully only your engine.
I think you are correct mate. I have seen my friendly mechanic do that while he is cleaning the internal gears by spraying them with petrol. I thought RE after sales must be using some kind of degreasing solvent to do this. The reason being I saw a lot of plastic canisters placed around while the service goes on. I saw them using these plastic canisters while seeing them from a glass window from the customer lounge while they were working on the bikes. I saw these big glass windows overseeing the service bays in two service centres one in Pune called Platiinum Motors and other in Mira Road called Unison. No such viewing area at Synergy Auto at Andheri East (Saki Naka) where I get my bike serviced. I will check with the service staff next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakbhp View Post
Many Congratulations Navin. Your Blue Whale really looks amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Blog. Loved the bits of Mamma's Boy, Ladies in your apartment saying "The Love for Royal Enfield elevates the love for marriage", kids repeating "Thunderbird Thunderbird Thunderbird" after you and then your nephew showing what genes he got. Sure you should add up another ownership review. Shall be waiting for that.
sarthakbhp mate thanks for the kind words. The enigma of an RE motorcycle is so magnetic that people from all age groups and gender are attracted towards it while appreciating the motorcycle. My nephew who is now almost 2 years old is always ready to stride on the motorcycle. I mimic the sound of the engine as if the motorcycle is in motion and he turns the handle left and right thinking that he is riding the Thunderbird. Another instance is that he starts clapping the moment I start the motorcycle.

Quote:
I am also planning on a Thunderbird Blue Marine but the 350CC model.
God Bless and Drive Safe.
Great one mate, if you like touring and cruising then the Thunderbird will not let you down. All the best with your decision.

Last edited by navin_v8 : 8th February 2016 at 12:25.
navin_v8 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote