Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 9th January 2015, 14:32   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post

Thanks soarer!

And please no offence on my views about blue color which I mentioned in my post. That's only my personal opinion.

I have not calculated FE. Good to hear that FE figures though. How did you measure? Pardon my lame question, but while filling up, does the fuel pump auto cutoff when full? Like in cars?

No probs Mate, everyone has their own opinion, In fact I was not interested in Black just to stand out of the crowd.
I have used reserve to reserve method to calculate my FE and also while filing up fuel tank it does not auto cut off like cars, pump attendant will fill up to the brim usually.
soarer is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 19:20   #17
BHPian

Hi Dodge_Viper, congratulations and wish you a hassle free ownership experience with your bullet.
Posting in case you haven't noticed -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ownership.html (RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership)
Believe me the above thread is a bible on the classic 350 !
regards adrian

Last edited by adrian : 10th January 2015 at 19:22.
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2015, 13:01   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_80 View Post
Congrats on your new purchase buddy!!
Hey Nitin! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Hi Dodge_Viper, congratulations and wish you a hassle free ownership experience with your bullet.
Posting in case you haven't noticed -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ownership.html (RE Classic 350 - Initial ownership)
Believe me the above thread is a bible on the classic 350 !
regards adrian
Thanks adrian. Yup I am aware of that thread.

So Hercules went for its first free service. No issues as such hence only basic oil change done. Billed about 1600 which included oil,filter, oil flush and additives. I am least expecting a good service from RE a.s.s. Once these free services are done, I am good with a local fng.

Now I can do speeds upto 70 atleast , though this will remain by cruising speed. I am not too comfortable doing high speeds specially on a 2-wheeler.

One issue which I am facing is late starts, not sure if this is an issue. It takes few attempts to get a proper idle on electric start. Service guy told me to use kick start in mornings. I haven't used kick start since the day I brought it.
Dodge_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 10:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
One issue which I am facing is late starts, not sure if this is an issue. It takes few attempts to get a proper idle on electric start. Service guy told me to use kick start in mornings. I haven't used kick start since the day I brought it.
Your motorcycle with a carburetor will run fine only when it reaches it optimal engine temperature. Remember that the carburetor is tuned with the engine temperature in its optimum range. So the air fuel feed from the carburetor will be off tune till the engine heats up. So it would be better if to warm up the engine for 2 minutes before taking off. It also ensures warm lubricating oil reaches all the parts of the engine before you put load on it. I do it religiously since the time I got my bullet
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2015, 13:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian View Post
Your motorcycle with a carburetor will run fine only when it reaches it optimal engine temperature. Remember that the carburetor is tuned with the engine temperature in its optimum range. So the air fuel feed from the carburetor will be off tune till the engine heats up. So it would be better if to warm up the engine for 2 minutes before taking off. It also ensures warm lubricating oil reaches all the parts of the engine before you put load on it. I do it religiously since the time I got my bullet
regards adrian
Thanks! Will make sure I follow this. Need to develop a bit of patience .

Since the high beam was bad with stock bulbs, I changed them to Philips XV 60/55W H4. It was a simple plug and play affair. With XV light output has improved significantly. High beam spread is now much better than stock. Though yet to test them on highways.
Old 9th February 2015, 16:40   #21
BHPian

Was hunting a bit for white LED pilot lamp bulbs. With help from the Royal Enfield Queries thread, came to know that bulbs are of BA9S type. Online hunt was showing a crazy pricing of 700-800 bucks a pair. That too unbranded. So went to a local shop and got these ones for 200/pair.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150207_115735830.jpg

Replacing them was a simple 2 min DIY job.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150207_120731880.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150207_120743167.jpg

Will put some night time pics soon.
Old 18th February 2015, 18:59   #22
BHPian

Went for a longish ride for the first time. Clocked 230+kms to and fro. Observed vibrations post 80kmph. I was not supposed to cross 70 since it is between 500-2000kms mark but the open NH3 roads were too tempting .

Also realised that I need a better seat, more comfortable and soft cushion, since after the ride I could feel the pain .

Few pics:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150215_175806757_hdr2.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150215_1804317862.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150215_1804467822.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150215_180735554_hdr2.jpg
Old 17th May 2015, 16:13   #23
BHPian

I have also booked a classic 350 (Ash) !

Took a test ride of Thunderbird, classic and electra.

Though i liked the rawness and torque of classic, thunderbird has to be respected for stability and seating posture. It runs well ! The power is delivered in a very smooth way. Seating posture makes u feel in control. It's as if you inside the bike with dials and handles surrounding you.
But, it felt too modern, too sorted.

I loved the vibrating, loud classic 350 ! Rear brakes were non existent on the test ride, but it gives you a high ! And yes it was way easier to handle.

I have to wait for 4 months. Any advices? I chose the white one. Looks different and slightly 'fat'

The test rides were fitted with upswept exhausts, I hope the stock one is good enough !

I didn't try 500. I didnt want to be spoiled by its torque ! And i never will !
sudeep11787 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2015, 14:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeep11787 View Post
I have to wait for 4 months. Any advices? I chose the white one. Looks different and slightly 'fat'
Congrats on your purchase! 4 months is decent enough. Is it a company showroom or dealer? White is definitely a looker. Stock exhaust now is no longer having that traditional thump! you might have to replace it with other exhausts as per your liking.

Regarding the posture, I found Classic to be better for me. No doubt Thunderbird is the best RE till date .

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th May 2015 at 07:30.
Old 19th May 2015, 00:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
No doubt Thunderbird is the best RE till date .
Beg to differ. Its the Continental GT that wins this crown.

A lot of engineering has gone into making this bike.

Cheers from another CL350 owner.
petrolhead_neel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2015, 17:05   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase! 4 months is decent enough. Is it a company showroom or dealer? White is definitely a looker.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.
Update: Changed the booking to black ! Somehow was getting restless with ash. It's different yes, but black is true to the character RE has !

It's a company one, the one in front of Select City Walk, Saket.
sudeep11787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2015, 14:17   #27
BHPian

3rd service update:

Hercules went for the 3rd free service. Oil was changed with the other usual servicing. Gave the bull at 9.30 and 11.30 I receive a sms saying it's ready. Wonder what servicing was actually done inside. No issues faced. Bull has clocked 2900kms in 6 months. Very less but with increased number of weekend rides hopefully will clock more and more happy miles.

With monsoon started, bought these elastic plastic switch covers.
Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150612_093445274.jpg

Went for my first long ride to Chiplun with Enfieldwale bullet group. Clocked almost 600kms. While coming back at night felt the serious need for aux lamps since the Philips Xtreme visions still felt insufficient specially on highways. Was in dilemma whether to go for expensive cree LEDs or get a basic but good quality fogs. Couple of riders in my group had those CREE lamps but they said it was useless in fog and rains, plus blinding to oncomig traffic. My primary need was additional all weather lights so instead of spending over 6k for LEDs got these basic fog lamps:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150621_131604704.jpg

Brand called DLAA. Chinese ofcourse These have 55w H3 lamps which can be upgraded. Cost me about 750 for pair. Proper yellow spot beam.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150622_114759826.jpg

Wired these to a missile launcher toggle switch

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150622_114730998.jpg

Tested them while riding back to Vashi from Chembur. Torrential rains plus non-working road lights along highway. Light cuts through rain like a laser and provides very good illumination. Also I have adjusted them so that both spots merge and fall on road, so oncoming vehicles will not be blinded. These will be heavy on battery though I have put horn relay but I intend to use them only on highways.

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 22nd June 2015 at 14:18.
Dodge_Viper is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 14:40   #28
BHPian

Default 5000kms Update!!

Updating after a long time!

Hercules crossed the 5k mark and along with it, the last free 4th service was completed. Bull going trouble free with only issue was the light switch on LHS going kaput. Blame the rains and moisture, since I had put a plastic cover and it used to store water . It was promptly replaced under warranty.

Few mods which were done over time:

1)Exhaust

Wanted a deep bassier sound, so all those flaps, short bottles goldstars were promptly rejected. Friend had installed Greashouse customs exhaust from Indimotard. Heard it and found it to be perfect for my taste. Ordered it from Bangalore which cost about 4050 including shipping. Thump is a nice deep bassier one. It does not get irritating at higher rpms.

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150704_131633303.jpg

2)Custom seat with backrest
Longer rides I could feel the pain in my lower back, hence wanted a seat with backrest. Seat means only one famous guy in Mumbai - Perfect seats Andheri. Total cost came about 4700 which included front seat with integrated adjustable backrest and rear normal seat. It is such a bliss to have a backrest .

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150916_163608377.jpg

Next up will be a custom handle which will complete the cruiser setup :-)

Few shots from recent rides:

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150919_163646921_hdr2.jpg

Hercules: My Royal Enfield Classic 350!-img_20150919_192730.jpg
Dodge_Viper is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 15:14   #29
AWD
BANNED

Nice ride there. Is the new seat without springs ? Im also want to change the drivers seat to a comfier one.

How does that leg guard fit, I mean is a perfect fit for the bike or some jugaad ? I have a single piece pipe guard fitted but don't find the fit good.
AWD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 15:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Nice ride there. Is the new seat without springs ? Im also want to change the drivers seat to a comfier one.

How does that leg guard fit, I mean is a perfect fit for the bike or some jugaad ? I have a single piece pipe guard fitted but don't find the fit good.
Thanks!

Seat is without springs. Doesn't make any difference though. Leg guard is standard fitment perfect fit, got it from service center itself. No jugaad of any kind .