Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd November 2016, 17:39   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Ownership Review: Honda Aviator (Pearl Sunbeam White)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
As per the Owners Manual of my Aviator, Engine Oil to be used is 10W30.

Honda recommends JASO MB for scooters as can be seen here - Honda Genuine 4-Stroke Scooter Engine Oil SAE 10W30 MB

In addition to the Honda Genuine Engine Oil, looking up on the internet for 10W30 JASO MB Scooter Engine oils, I found these:
  • Motul Scooter LE 10W30
Which one would you guys recommend ? (Castrol seems to be the most expensive and Shell the most inexpensive).
This one would be my pick. Have seen it on a friends Activa. For the non synthetic category, it is pretty smooth and tractable. But my personal pick would anyday be Shell Advance Ultra. With that, you will hardly feel the engine, even all the way to the top speed. Zilch vibrations. Those are the times when you feel its worth those extra bucks.

The quality of an oil cant be judged after refiling. It can be judged before a refill. The difference made after you change the oil is a pointer to how good or bad the old oil was. New oils irrespective of the brand will make the engine feel better. But this feeling should last the life of the oil. After using Advance Ultra for 14k kms till now, there is no difference in the five odd times that I have changed the oil. Lets see if the Motul makes any difference.
audioholic is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Need some advice:
As per the owners manual of my Aviator, Engine Oil (10W-30) needs to be replaced every 4000Km or 4 months - 4000Km seems fair enough but 4 months, Really ?
My father's Aviator (Non-HET model) manual suggests Engine oil change after an interval of 6000kms or 6 months.
keeprevving is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2016, 10:36   #48
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
My father's Aviator (Non-HET model) manual suggests Engine oil change after an interval of 6000kms or 6 months.
Your dad has an "Aviator (Non-HET model)" and that probably explains why there is a difference.
Mine is a HET 2014 December model (bought in Jan 2015) and the owners manual clearly says the Engine Oil Replacement is 4 months OR 4000Km, whichever is earlier.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th November 2016 at 12:49. Reason: As requested
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 09:33   #49
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I was wondering where one can buy genuine Honda scooter spare parts in Bangalore and saw this post (The Gearless Scooter Thread) by @audioholic but unable to quote it directly as the thread is closed, so quoting another earlier post on this thread so you get notified

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
This one would be my pick.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 12:35   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was wondering where one can buy genuine Honda scooter spare parts in Bangalore and saw this post (The Gearless Scooter Thread) by @audioholic but unable to quote it directly as the thread is closed, so quoting another earlier post on this thread so you get notified
You can buy them in parts outlets or even any ASC since they all sell parts OTC. Just go to any ASC and in the billing area you will find a parts counter where you can buy the required part. Till date the only part replaced on my Dio was the front mudguard after it cracked. I visited the parts outlet near Ravindra Kalakshetra and brought it since the nearby ASC didnt have the part in stock. The parts outlet had loads of it ready and I picked the one that looked the most flawless since it's a painted part
audioholic is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2016, 12:56   #51
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
You can buy them in parts outlets or even any ASC since they all sell parts OTC.
Thanks!
I will try at the nearby Honda ASC but are there other parts outlets in Bangalore like the one near Ravindra Kalakshethra (are these Honda only parts outlets by any chance) ? Any web site with the list of outlets ? My searches online haven't been successful so far.

Also any good FNG in this side of Bangalore that you may know ? Thinking about the option of using their services while buying genuine parts directly, a much better option than going to ASCs.

Last edited by NPV : 3rd December 2016 at 12:59.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote