Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 15th March 2016, 20:58   #61
BHPian

Default re: Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Now I choose a Dec 2015 Duke 200 with better engine temperature control, Slipper Clutch.
Duke 200 with slipper clutch - Am I missing something here?
barcalad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 21:57   #62
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
Duke 200 with slipper clutch - Am I missing something here?
There is no slipper clutch on D200 as you remarked. My bad !!
Lets stick to any discussion on Duke 390 on this thread.

Last edited by hillram : 15th March 2016 at 22:09.
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2016, 20:12   #63
BHPian

Default Re: Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold!

Hi Hillram,

I believe you made a huge compromise the D200 is a decent bike for commuting and inter-city rides, but for the highways and hill climbs nothing beats the torque and power of the D390. Secondly you lose out on the ABS and the Metz. They are giving the RC shroud around the fan to direct hot air downwards on the D390.

Slipper clutch or no, is not a big deal though the clutch is very light on the post 2015 bikes with the slipper.

Many happy miles on the KTM
amitc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 20:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Hi Hillram,

I believe you made a huge compromise the D200 is a decent bike for commuting and inter-city rides, but for the highways and hill climbs nothing beats the torque and power of the D390. Secondly you lose out on the ABS and the Metz. They are giving the RC shroud around the fan to direct hot air downwards on the D390.

Slipper clutch or no, is not a big deal though the clutch is very light on the post 2015 bikes with the slipper.

Many happy miles on the KTM
I dont think its right of you to judge me, whether I have compromised or not. I know my ride terrain and my comfort factor on Duke Motorcycles(D 200 and D390)
By the way, which Duke do you own?
hillram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2016, 22:44   #65
BHPian

Smile Re: Duke of Ram - My Orange Flame, KTM Duke 390. EDIT : Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I dont think its right of you to judge me, whether I have compromised or not. I know my ride terrain and my comfort factor on Duke Motorcycles(D 200 and D390)
By the way, which Duke do you own?
Dear Sir,

I have neither judged you nor intended to. Why have you taken an antagonistic approach to my opinion?

Please read my statement again, I have mentioned that 'I believe' which is an opinion, I am not one to judge you or anyone that is left to the chap in the heavens.

I own a Duke 390 besides other medium capacity bikes, may be that is why I find the D390 light and agile. I have ridden the D200 and rejected it because the engine was to busy and the throttle off response too abrupt. It felt like a pulling an elephant behind, again these are my observations after riding both bikes over 1000 kms on varied conditions.

But I am interested to understand from your observation of how you find the D200 vis a vis the D390 and in what conditions. I believe that is why we exchange our opinions on this forum.

With humble apologies and respect,

Amit
amitc7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 07:21   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitc7 View Post
Dear Sir,

I have neither judged you nor intended to. Why have you taken an antagonistic approach to my opinion?

Please read my statement again, I have mentioned that 'I believe' which is an opinion, I am not one to judge you or anyone that is left to the chap in the heavens.

I own a Duke 390 besides other medium capacity bikes, may be that is why I find the D390 light and agile. I have ridden the D200 and rejected it because the engine was to busy and the throttle off response too abrupt. It felt like a pulling an elephant behind, again these are my observations after riding both bikes over 1000 kms on varied conditions.

But I am interested to understand from your observation of how you find the D200 vis a vis the D390 and in what conditions. I believe that is why we exchange our opinions on this forum.

With humble apologies and respect,

Amit
No apologies needed my friend. we are all like minded automobile enthusiasts.
My main tryst with Duke 390 was its engine heating and tremendous torque which was acting hard on my spondilytis. Hence it was a personal choice to downgrade to Duke 200, which Im finding excellent to ride with a peppy engine and no heating issues.
Im writing a brief ownership review of my Duke 200..
hillram is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote