Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 23rd March 2015, 10:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Royal Enfield's online store for Merchandise!

A big thank you to Manas Kumar for sharing this information with other enthusiasts!

One missing component of Royal Enfields thump towards success was merchandising. The Chennai based motorcycle maker gradually increased its branded products, so fans and owners alike could buy apparel and accessories. Royal Enfield's merchandise is no longer restricted to dealerships and cafes, as the brand has an official web-store to facilitate online purchases as well.

The apparel range includes t-shirts, jackets, trousers and winter wear, with products ranging from regular branded merchandise to protective riding gear. Regular t-shirts start at upwards of Rs 999, while trousers start at Rs 2,800. Merchandise such as jackets start at Rs 5,500 and can run up to Rs 19,000. The accessory range includes helmets that cost around Rs 1,800-4,800 along with belts, shoes, wallets, gloves, bags and more.

Name:  595134B_4_large.jpg
Views: 2674
Size:  54.6 KB

Name:  595153A0382_large.jpg
Views: 2394
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  TEXTILE_RIDING_TROUSER4536_large.jpg
Views: 2335
Size:  33.8 KB

Name:  595483B1643_large.jpg
Views: 2245
Size:  59.7 KB

Name:  16d_large.jpg
Views: 2251
Size:  47.5 KB
Tushar is offline   (8) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 10:58   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Royal Enfield's online store for Merchandise!

Any idea which brand of helmets RE uses for their range?

Edit : It's AGV, checked their website. The one in the picture costs 4k

Last edited by tharian : 23rd March 2015 at 11:14.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 16:37   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Any idea which brand of helmets RE uses for their range?

Edit : It's AGV, checked their website. The one in the picture costs 4k
The Indian AGV helmets cost Rs 2000 the last time I checked so Rs 4000 is quite a premium for RE branding. Then again in the US, Harley Davidson sells rebranded KBC helmets (that cost $ 100 in the open market) for $ 250 and above. Good move by RE to get on the merchandize bandwagon.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:01   #4
BHPian

I've had a feel of their helmets and jackets.

As far as value for money goes, it isn't. On the expensive side.

But I suppose its gotta be that way for the "premium" effect.

Regards,

B O V
B O V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Indian AGV helmets cost Rs 2000 the last time I checked so Rs 4000 is quite a premium for RE branding. Then again in the US, Harley Davidson sells rebranded KBC helmets (that cost $ 100 in the open market) for $ 250 and above. Good move by RE to get on the merchandize bandwagon.
I was of the impression that the AGV is one of the expensive brands and was wondering how come the RE branded AGV helmets are 4-5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B O V View Post
I've had a feel of their helmets and jackets.

As far as value for money goes, it isn't. On the expensive side.

But I suppose its gotta be that way for the "premium" effect.

Regards,

B O V
Are the full faced helmets worth their price by RE? I was contemplating on one since my present one looks like Frankenstein's face.
If there are better options around the same price range outside, then I would prefer those.
tharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 17:44   #6
BHPian

Quote:
I was of the impression that the AGV is one of the expensive brands and was wondering how come the RE branded AGV helmets are 4-5k.

Are the full faced helmets worth their price by RE? I was contemplating on one since my present one looks like Frankenstein's face.
If there are better options around the same price range outside, then I would prefer those.
AGV tied up with MPA to manufacture MPA-AGV helmets for the Indian market (manufactured in India as well) many years ago. Some of these copied international designs but they offered a step up in safety compared to the other offerings in the Indian market at that time. I had a black and blue MPA AGV with dragons on it which was lifted off this KBC design.

Name:  766374.jpg
Views: 2399
Size:  187.7 KB

They were priced at Rs 2,500 way back in 2008 which is before LS2s and Cross hit the market. Those were the days of GPR and GP One helmets. Prices slowly dropped over the years. Honestly if you are good at bargaining you should be able to get it for Rs 1750 onwards but shops will probably quote Rs 2000. While these are made under license from AGV these arent comparable safety wise to the K3, K4 and other offerings.

For the same price as the RE branded MPA AGV (Rs 4K+) there are other offerings in the market right now with much higher safety standards. Go for those instead.
neil.jericho is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2015, 18:54   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Definitely not worth the price. Within the 4k-6k budget there are far far better options.

You can always add your own RE stickering to your helmet

Regards,

BOV
B O V is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 16:09   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
AGV tied up with MPA to manufacture MPA-AGV helmets for the Indian market (manufactured in India as well) many years ago. Some of these copied international designs but they offered a step up in safety compared to the other offerings in the Indian market at that time. I had a black and blue MPA AGV with dragons on it which was lifted off this KBC design.

They were priced at Rs 2,500 way back in 2008 which is before LS2s and Cross hit the market. Those were the days of GPR and GP One helmets. Prices slowly dropped over the years. Honestly if you are good at bargaining you should be able to get it for Rs 1750 onwards but shops will probably quote Rs 2000. While these are made under license from AGV these arent comparable safety wise to the K3, K4 and other offerings.

For the same price as the RE branded MPA AGV (Rs 4K+) there are other offerings in the market right now with much higher safety standards. Go for those instead.
Still have this MPA agv helmet. My brother bought when he got the blue R15, back in 2008. Think around 4K was charged from Orion, after 800/- discount ! Loot ! Still have it and use it to gets eggs and milk.

Good to know about its roots
Sojogator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2017, 09:27   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Bought my first motorcycle-brand merchandise . Read a press release from Royal Enfield, saw the words 'cargo pants' and went over to their store to place the order. Ordered on Wednesday, here on Saturday.

Good quality, superb fit, totally worth the price. Going by this experience, I'm going to pick up some more stuff that I find interesting there.

Royal Enfield's online store for Merchandise!-20170624-13.54.55.jpg

Royal Enfield's online store for Merchandise!-20170624-13.55.43.jpg

Royal Enfield's online store for Merchandise!-20170624-13.59.49.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote