Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2015, 18:35   #1
Team-BHP Support
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 6,346
Thanked: 16,902 Times
Default Hero MotoCorp, Magneti Marelli inaugurate development centre

In December 2013, Hero MotoCorp and Magneti Marelli formed a joint venture to develop fueling systems for two wheelers. The new entity formed under the joint venture, known as HMC-MM Auto Ltd., has inaugurated a "Product and Development Centre" in Manesar, Haryana.

HMC-MM Auto Ltd. will manufacture electronic fuel injection (EFI) systems at this centre, which will be used in Hero's two-wheelers. Hero claims that these systems will make the bikes more adaptable to various climates and altitudes, aiding their performance and making them more fuel efficient. The technology will also help in reducing emissions, which in turn will help the vehicles in meeting future emission norms.

The centre will also develop immobilisers, traction and slip control, multi-map, flexi fuel and multi fuel management systems. The joint venture is expected to make Hero self-sufficient when it comes to sourcing engine-related technology.

Hero MotoCorp holds 60% of the stake in HMC-MM Auto Ltd., while Magneti Marelli holds the remaining 40%.

Name:  Hero.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  116.9 KB
Aditya is offline   (7) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 16:59   #2
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 86
Thanked: 86 Times
Default Re: Hero MotoCorp, Magneti Marelli inaugurate development centre

It is hard to forget the the technological support of Honda that Hero survived on all these decades and created tremendous goodwill for both the companies. I ended up buying a Hero yet again only for its Honda underpinnings.

I am sure this will be a successful joint venture and will be able to retain its reliable and trouble free image.There should not be any initial niggling issues which might cause Honda to grab the opportunity to surpass Hero as the no. 1 seller of the country. But knowing Hero it shall leave no stone unturned and must have chosen its 'second' partner wise and well.
ciddharth is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Magneti Marelli targets 200,000 AMTs a year in India S2!!! The Indian Car Scene 4 18th July 2015 21:09
Hero MotoCorp forms joint venture with Magneti Marelli Aditya Motorbikes 7 5th December 2013 22:13
"Hero Honda" to become "Hero MotoCorp Ltd." ottocycle Motorbikes 79 30th August 2012 18:41
Hero MotoCorp’s “male” scooter – the Hero Maestro aaggoswami Motorbikes 3 12th May 2012 08:59
Carnation tie-up with Magneti Marelli (A Fiat Group Company) throttleman The Indian Car Scene 24 21st December 2009 10:17

All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:54.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks