Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 1st May 2015, 13:18   #1
BHPian

Default Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)

Yamaha is rumoured to launch the Nozza Grande in May 2015.

Source

The scooter looks retro-futuristic, the segment which was started by Vespa.

Although the price tag seems to be at par with the Vespa @ Rs. 85000/-, the feature rich scooter looks to take on the premium scooter market with so many addons.
Attached Images

The Great is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 14:41   #2
BHPian

Default re: Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)

This one doesn't look retro in any aspect compared to the Vespa. Moreover, Yamaha doesn't have a great fan following in the scooter segment unlike the Vespa or Honda. They better slot it in the 55k price range itself. That way, they can sell some healthy numbers. Their last launch, Yamaha alpha, i don't see them on roads often unlike the Ray. At least not in my home-town.
aruncheloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 16:08   #3
BHPian

The only thing I liked about this scooter is the enormous under-seat storage space. Apart from that I don't think Indians would buy such a weird looking scooter; that too when the much more beautiful Vespa is available. The product is surely a dud IMO.

-Bhargav
Octane_Power is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2015, 18:22   #4
BHPian

It probably isn't that bad looking a scooter but once you put it up against a Vespa, it just doesn't hold its own. Having said that, that under seat storage looks enormous - very practical. IMHO they need to price till below the Vespa and not on par if they want this to sell in any good numbers.
abhii176 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 23:16   #5
BHPian

Default Yamaha Fascino

Launched at the price of 52,500 ex-showroom Delhi, Fascino is another 110 cc scooter from Yamaha.

Weighing at 103 kg, scooter is powered by 113 cc air-cooled 4-stroke SOHC 2-valve engine that develops 7.1 PS @ 7,500 rpm and 8.1 Nm @ 5,000 rpm, paired to a CVT.
Economy figures under Yamaha’s standard test conditions is 66 km/l.

Dimensions:
1,185 mm long
675 mm wide
1,120 mm tall
Wheelbase: 1,270 mm
Fuel tank capacity: 5.2 liters.

Its shodded with 90/100 10 inchers, with drum brakes on both ends.

For me, its just another Yamaha scooter with snazzy styling. There is no 125cc engine that was expected! 12 inch wheels are better for ride, but it again comes with 10 inch wheels.

Source : indianautosblog
Attached Thumbnails
Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)-yamahafascinolaunchatmumbaifrontrightquarter.jpg  

Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)-yamahafascinolaunchatmumbaiheadlight.jpg  

Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)-yamahafascinolaunchatmumbairear.jpg  

Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)-yamahafascinolaunchatmumbairightside.jpg  

Rumour: Yamaha to launch Nozza Grande (Vespa competitor)-yamahafascinolaunchatmumbaispeedometer.jpg  

fz_rider is offline   Reply With Quote