Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 4th May 2015, 15:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Image leaked: Honda's new low-cost commuter motorcycle

In a bid to increase its footprint in the commuter motorcycle segment, Honda has been working on a new low cost model. The motorcycle in question is reportedly being developed at the brand's plant in Manesar, Haryana with inputs from Honda Japan and will sit below the models that currently form the Dream series. A recently leaked image now gives us a better idea of what the bike looks like.

Going by the image, the motorcycle features skinny tyres, spoke wheels, an elongated seat and flat body panels. In terms of styling, the new motorcycle will share similarities with the Dream Yuga, Dream Neo and CD 110 Dream. The engine is expected to be the same 110cc mill that powers the 3 other motorcycles in the Dream range, but could be tweaked to deliver a better fuel economy with less focus on performance.

Prices are likely to range between Rs. 38,000-40,000 and features like a self-starter or engine kill switch are likely to be skipped.

Source: Motorbeam

Image leaked: Honda's new low-cost commuter motorcycle-2015hondalowcostmotorcycle.jpg
Tushar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 15:41   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Image leaked: Honda's new low-cost commuter motorcycle

Wow! And I though Honda has already a crowded and confusing entry segment. With the Dream Yuga, Dream Neo and CD 110, what's the need of this product?
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2015, 19:14   #3
BHPian

Clearly a move by Honda to target a market segment which is still dominated by Hero Motocorp.

I hope they have done some homework on their current dealer's infrastructure before bringing volumes home.

Based on my personal experience I could say that nowadays the most deteriorate treatment a person could receive is in a Honda authorized two-wheeler service center, ofcourse only after government offices.
Hrishi_111 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 13:08   #4
Team-BHP Support

The upcoming commuter motorcycle from Honda could be the CG Dream, which is already on sale in Pakistan.

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Image leaked: Honda's new low-cost commuter motorcycle-cg-drea.jpg
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2015, 13:15   #5
BHPian

Pffff! 38K??? Bet I can make one cheaper than that...Now where is all that MDF I had lying around...
nitro.1000bhp is offline   Reply With Quote