Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 26th February 2017, 00:51   #76
BHPian

Default Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid13 View Post
The annual service cost of tnt 300 sounds like on par with my VW polo (which is on higher side compared to Maruti and Hyundai, but not complaining as the quality it offers is different). Definitely on higher side for a 300cc bike. Service intervals and oil and filter change frequency also doesn't seem logical.
Yeah! That's one negative I was not a fan of. It's definitely a bike to have only if you have so much spare money to not worry about paying maybe ₹10000 extra for service. But that being said, except KTM most sports bikes are high on maintenance with an exception of Triumph which asks for only 1 service an year.
classic86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2017, 12:13   #77
BHPian

Default Re: DSK Benelli TNT 300 - My Red Italian Beauty

Hello,
I did not find any official thread on TNT 300 other than this so posting it here.
Currently I own a P220 and want to upgrade it to TNT300. I have seen the bike, ridden it good enough to know what this beast is all about. Also I have met owners of Tnt300 and neither one has talked anything negative other than the short and costly service intervals. But these owners I had met were in their 3 to 5 months of ownership and not long termers.
Recently while researching on this bike I have found out many reliability issues of this bike and mostly are based of poor quality material and assembly methods. Some which I have read common are the sheering of wheel bearing, Instrument console going blank, engine sensors being replaced. And above all this one major issue I read and heard (from a service guy) some engines have seized due to the poor build quality and not due to cooling system failure.
So I am bit of confused whether to go for this or not.
TNT 300 owners please guide me through this. How is your experience with the bike as a long termer.
Regards.
sujay bhandare is offline   Reply With Quote