Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 21st May 2016, 23:03   #31
Default Re: Finger numbness from long riding - any solution?

Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post
Hi Guys. Thanks for all the responses. Yes, I made a mistake. This was my first really long ride. I rode all night at very high speeds. There was a lot of vibration. Even though I rested my hands as much as I could, it is really tough to manage the ST7 with one hand for long. I also didn't have a soft grip, nor gloves.
Other bhpians have already told you to wear proper riding gear. One more addition to that is, buy gauntlet gloves. They offer more protection and overall comfort. Short gloves do not support or give adequate protection to wrists in the event of a crash.
Meccanico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 23:03   #32

Originally Posted by MrSDey View Post

It has been 10 days now, and my fingers on both hands are still numb, sometimes tingling, and very uncomfortable.

Anyone experienced this before? For this long?

Anyone know what to do, medically?

Please check you cholesterol levels. My dad had his middle finger numb for some time without any reason. His own brother is a doctor and initially we found it funny, but after doing a battery of tests, we found that his cholesterol was quite high.

After good diet and exercise and some medication, it was bought under control. Currently dad has no cholesterol related issue, but has develop a healthy habit of waking 10k+ steps a day. Fitness is definitely keeping him more happy and free from any health worries.
blackwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2016, 08:15   #33
Default Re: Finger numbness from long rides - Any solution?

Hi I had the same buzzy numb sensation for quite while after my ride. The KTM D390 does buzz a lot at high rpms.
I was wearing gloves, but after a 4000 km in 7 days I was glad to walk away with a buzzing hand. A lot of rest later (20 days) it is nearly normal, although the finger tips are a bit numb.
Do by all means go to a neurologist and get it checked up.
amitc7 is offline   Reply With Quote