Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 24th September 2015, 23:17   #31

Default Re: Enfield: Upgrade from BS26 to BS29 carburetor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
^^^
A) Would look at the float level.
But considering it is a homebrew, would look at two other things: Is the carb level? And in normal idling, is the butterfly position controlled by the idling screw, or by the throttle cable , which is shifting position when using the front brake lever.
Talking about the two things you have mentioned, can you please elaborate what "Is the carb level?" means? Couldn't figure it out exactly.
For the 2nd thing, the butterfly position is controlled by the idling screw and the throttle cable is entirely free and it is not shifting position rigidly while I use my front brake or even if I turn my handle bar left or right at extreme. However the problem which I am facing does not only happens when I pull the front brake and shake my bike but it also happens when I am just sitting and just bounce my self a bit while sitting, or say when I keep the rear wheel of the bike at a higher level on a step or something. Also, when I decelerate the bike just by using the rear brakes or both the brakes. In short it is happening when the front portion of the bike is leaned downwards.
pathik810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 11:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathik810 View Post
Talking about the two things you have mentioned, can you please elaborate what "Is the carb level?" means? Couldn't figure it out exactly.
For the 2nd thing, the butterfly position is controlled by the idling screw and the throttle cable is entirely free and it is not shifting position rigidly while I use my front brake or even if I turn my handle bar left or right at extreme. However the problem which I am facing does not only happens when I pull the front brake and shake my bike but it also happens when I am just sitting and just bounce my self a bit while sitting, or say when I keep the rear wheel of the bike at a higher level on a step or something. Also, when I decelerate the bike just by using the rear brakes or both the brakes. In short it is happening when the front portion of the bike is leaned downwards.
Sutripta means that you need to check whether the carb is horizontal. If the carb is tilted, the jet may be only partially submerged in the float bowl. When the fuel sloshes around because of braking, tilting, acceleration, etc., the jet may no longer be submerged in fuel causing fuel starvation. Two things to do are to first ensure that the carb is mounted horizontally and then to check the float height.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2015, 21:48   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

As Motard blr has explained.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   Reply With Quote