Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th August 2006, 16:31   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Resale Value of Fiero FX

hi
i am looking to buy an used Fiero Fx 2004 & above. can anyone tell me what the resale price would be ? Also the pros & cons of the bike please. i am replacing my 25 year old philly (read as Yezdi Classic).

help guys
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 10:39   #2
BHPian

Hey dude,

You know the FX is a discontinud model and wasn't a very popular one. So I think you might get it real cheap. Say within 20-25k or less.
Also, the FX is very similar to the F2. Which means that weight distribution is good, and the buke is light and nimble which aids cutting through traffic. However, this actually affects striaght line stability.
Also, the FX has sorely misses the fifth cog, and you'll definitely feel the need of it on the highway. The chain keeps getting loose and spares are damn expensive.
The tyres aren't the grippiest, which means you sometimes have to be careful or get them replaced.

So, make your decision and ROLL BABY ROLL....ALL NIGHT LONG!

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 31st August 2006 at 10:40.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2006, 22:28   #3
BHPian

What you should really look out for are the original Suzuki fieros. Not the ones made by TVS later.. Try and get a 2001 Suzuki fiero. You wont regret..

Price = Arnd 20k
ThE_DoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 18:18   #4
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the response guys. i will look for a 2001 model as suggested by the don (OOOH iam scared, lol) & thank you turbo for your inputs, much appreciated.
and i will roll all night long...tatadada tatadada......tatadada tatadada
Old 5th September 2006, 18:38   #5
BHPian

Default Suzuki Fiero

I have a 2000 Suzuki Fiero. Been riding it for the last 6 years. Though it is plagued by electrical problems, the engine still kicks a$$. Was actually considering a change to the Unicorn until I read this thread!

As Don said, it sure is a great bike. Just didn't know it is still in demand with the enthusiasts!
DueLLeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2006, 18:49   #6
BHPian

Dueller, the Fiero is still a bike that team TVS races in specific classes in Bangalore. The low COG and amazing handling has really been appreciated.

Even now, privateers get to race the Fiero in 150cc category races there.
turbo_v12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 15:00   #7
Senior - BHPian

seems there are not many 2000/2001 fieros for sale. anyway, i like the looks of the 2004 FX which comes with separate meters for speedo & others. i saw one today which the 2nd hand dealer was quoting 18k. is that ok or what ? another seller is quoting 23k for the same bike, yet to see that bike. of course, i am taking my mechanic with me.
Old 5th October 2006, 15:51   #8
BHPian

hi all, i'm joel from bangalore. i own a 2002 model fiero which displaces 200cc. the bike can smoke a karizma easily and me and my pals here in bangalore have doen many projects on the fiero. our own member here called engine hacker has built a 300cc v-twin fiero and was featured in the aug issue of overdrive. i can vouch for what the fieros can do. we have about 3 200cc fieros here in bangalore and all are true demons in their own way. mine is a fully-blown set-up and is the fastest among the fieros. recently it recorded a true top-speed of 131kmph on the GPS.
the fiero has the best power-band and the engine is the sweetest to work on. if u are looking for a used fiero, i just pointed out the credentials of this lovely machine. I'd suggest u the old fiero instead of the FX, coz the later ones came with secondary injection and a crappy exhaust. the older fiero has the best set-up.
a pic of my bike with the speed trap at 131kmph

our article of the fiero v-twin...thats me doing the wheelie!

a pic of my bike

our v-twin engine

U can get a used fiero for arond 25k.. infact here in bangalore teh old fiero has more value than the fx/f2 coz most use for racing.
Cheers!
fieroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 18:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

I hope you are not scrapping the Yezdi. Why dont you maintain it if you have space to keep it? It used to be a highly respected bike of the yester years. The issue was it was a fuel guzzler and the brakes were bad. Can you post an image of the classic?
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 20:15   #10

yeh dude, i think ajo is right plz do not sell the vintage roadking. and regarding the fieros, go for an old model and then try to do a few mods wid the engine.
holowprotoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2006, 12:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo
I hope you are not scrapping the Yezdi. Why dont you maintain it if you have space to keep it? It used to be a highly respected bike of the yester years. The issue was it was a fuel guzzler and the brakes were bad. Can you post an image of the classic?
i will try to post some pics. i have a lot of pics, but i have to search for them. there is absolutely no space in my garage. apart from my esteem, there is the yezdi & the kinetic honda jostling for space in my garage. if i get a fiero, then one of them will have to go out. man, how many machines does a man need ???? i love my yezdi, been with me through my good times as well as my bad times, but no space.
Old 22nd December 2006, 09:27   #12
BHPian

I had a fiero FX .. i have sold it for 25k to my uncle.. now i am using Apache.. If u want to go for long rides fiero fx is a good option.. It has got the best wider seat in 150 cc category.. I have done lot of long rides in my FX.. More over it has got excellent head light beam quality.. night rides will not be a problem in FX.. The bike is very reliable and engine is very refined.. engine is a gem.. Apart from some electrical problems the bike havn't given me any problem.. If u r looking for some modes the bike it excellent.. It can touch 10000rpm easily.. Fiero FX had set some world records.. U can check fiero website to know about that.. U can see a video also.. The bike is very comfortable and will give u a decent milage too. If possbile get a disc break version of FX.. FX was my first bike. How much i have loved the bike only known after selling my baby.. I am dam sure that The bike has got best value for money in used bikes..
johnjojo08 is offline   Reply With Quote