Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 13th August 2015, 23:14   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides

@barca - You can probably start from India gate by 5:45 to be at GGN FBD around 6:30. 5:45 at the meet up venue might be a bit early for many here. But lets await their comments

@ Mehuel - where will you be coming from bud?

BTW, have also pinged "Out of the box" to see if he can join. Hope he does

Last edited by Urban_Nomad : 13th August 2015 at 23:25.
Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 16:49   #32
BHPian

@ Urban Nomad: I'll be coming from ghaziabad. 5:45 at India gate is fine.

So thus far we are just 3 than. And I know at least 2- 3 more will join from previous ride.
mehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 17:00   #33
Senior - BHPian

Cool. @Outofthebox will confirm by today I guess. Havent heard back from the gentleman who originally suggested the GGN FBD route. Hope he makes it too
Old 14th August 2015, 20:04   #34
Senior - BHPian

Just sent a PM to @Sting as well. Hope he responds with an affirmative

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehuel View Post
@ Urban Nomad: I'll be coming from ghaziabad. 5:45 at India gate is fine
Nice! So you can catch up with @Barcalad at India gate and head on over to GGN FBD Rd. Thsi way I dont have to back track and our brother from bangy is not struggling to find hs way across town. Works?
Old 14th August 2015, 20:16   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Nice! So you can catch up with @Barcalad at India gate and head on over to GGN FBD Rd. Thsi way I dont have to back track and our brother from bangy is not struggling to find hs way across town. Works?
This, my ally, can be pardoned.

But you not footing my breakfast bill won't.

P.S - I still don't have a sports day jacket, let alone a riding one.

Last edited by barcalad : 14th August 2015 at 20:17.
barcalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2015, 21:22   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
I am in.

My recommendations below, other please chime in.

Date - Sunday, 16 Aug

Time - 6:30 AM

Location - If coming from MG road : take the left towards GGN - FBD road. From the 1st traffic light, take a left and that itself can be the meeting point

Agenda - Few quick laps and chill at Balli Gujjar dhaba (right after the toll) ...... Repeat. In case someone wants to hit some offroad trails; I am open to that as well

The count so far:

- Urban_Nomad
- trumpcard

As stated earlier, feel free to add your recommendations / amendments to the above
I stay within a kilometer of this traffic light. (DLF Phase-1).
Seeing the meeting point so close to my house, I am really tempted.

You can count me in too. I will meet you guys at this traffic light (from where GGN FBD road starts at 6.30 then)

Regards
Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2015, 10:57   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I stay within a kilometer of this traffic light. (DLF Phase-1).
Seeing the meeting point so close to my house, I am really tempted.

You can count me in too. I will meet you guys at this traffic light (from where GGN FBD road starts at 6.30 then)

Regards
Rachit
List is growing

As of now (confirmed)

Barcalad
Urban nomad
Rachit
Mehuel

(Tentative)

Outofthebox
Trumpcard

Old 16th August 2015, 06:25   #38
BHPian

Waiting at the spot.

Regards
Rachit
Old 16th August 2015, 10:08   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hope everyone's reached home safe. Had a ton of fun

Ayush - sending you the two pics I have on my phone. Plz upload. Somehow am not being able to do so. Tx bud!
Old 16th August 2015, 10:33   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Nice log guys! Hopefully I should get myself a CBR250 in September or so and then be able to join such a *day* ride as well!

PS: Do justice to your steeds - wear some good armor. ATGATT! Please!

Bud, OTT why CBR250? Any other contender worthy enough? I am looking for a 2 wheeler with some good BHP to get back to my original passion!
saurabhdadhichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2015, 11:13   #41
BHPian

To say this ride was great would be pretty much an understatement. Even though our destination was not exactly 'far', the beauty of the road and the landscape did make up for it. To top it up, like always, I had brilliant company. Credit to Urban_Nomad for suggesting this route.

I have come to the conclusion that in my excitement to hit the road with my mates, I have become the 1st person to reach the rendezvous point. It happens always. It happened today too. So, parking at a place where I wouldn't attract khaki attention, I clicked a few photos with the majestic India Gate as my background. All this while I'm the only person on the Rajpath, with a few cars and determined joggers in sight. A family, jogging on for dear life, found solace when their father (who was urging them on) stopped to enquire about the bike. Fortunate were they, to catch a breath or two while their father (probably military) went all berserk over the Orange.

Enter Mehuel and Gautam on their RCs and off we go, after lubing our bike chains. Riding through the early morning 8 lane traffic, we reached Gurgaon, where after a bit of wait and navigational skills I finally led the armada to the final meeting point. Here, Rachit and Urban_Nomad were waiting for us, and I must add, I was mighty impressed by Rachit's Karizma. Tastefully modified with a very fine exhaust. Kept his ride in mint condition. Marine's salute to you, buddy!

Technically, the route from Gurgaon to Faridabad is a circuit for bikers, where you can do lap after lap in winding roads (although there are potholes and depressions aplenty) with greenery never letting go of you. It's Delhi's Nandi Hills, if you ask me. A dhaba which basically was a biker's joint was the 'base camp', I reckon. Scores of bikes, mostly of locals (no helmet/tripling) eager to exhibit their banged up exhausts and wheelie skills to the much more saner/mature/proper bikers. While they did wheelies and revved their pistons out, we enjoyed paranthas. Nice bit of entertainment, this.

Mehuel wanted to experience the Michelin. I wanted to experience his RC drunk on Motul 15W50. Boy, the exhaust note has become meaner and louder! Took the corners really well and loved his extra-padded seat as well. Awesome experience and Danke, M!

Being a Sunday, the 8 laners were relatively empty and we had a good time covering a majority of our ride duration on them. Time and Fuel well spent!

1. Obligatory India Gate photo.

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-20150816_052335.jpg

2. The Lineup. (minus Rachit's Zma)

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150816wa0015.jpg

3.When life doesn't give you a riding jacket, turn into Milkman 2050. (Worn just for this shot! )

Delhi/NCR - Sunday Morning Short Rides-img20150816wa0005.jpg
Old 16th August 2015, 11:55   #42
BHPian

Gentlemen,

I was travelling for work and missed reading Urban Nomad's message. Would have loved to join in and add some white and blue to the wonderful orange and black in the pictures. With Delhi's best riding season coming up lets hope for some riding together soon!

Cheers,
Sting
Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2015, 00:08   #43
BHPian

[quote=barcalad;3779913 I was mighty impressed by Rachit's Karizma. Tastefully modified with a very fine exhaust. Kept his ride in mint condition. Marine's salute to you, buddy!

[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much brother. It was a wonderful ride. Really nice to meet new biker friends. I really enjoyed our discussions over the tea.

Hopefully, will be part of more future rides.

Thank you so much for the initiative.

Rachit.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:54   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
Hopefully, will be part of more future rides.
Goes without saying. One's tentatively planned for Saturday. Shall keep you in the loop.
Old 19th August 2015, 10:29   #45
BHPian

Such an amazing ride.

It was a pleasure meeting Urban Nomad (guy with no chicken strip) and Rachit(on his subtle and tastefully modded karizma)

The location of the ride was very close to my place of work but I never had the idea that it was so good, so I never actually bothered to visit that road.
There is a first for every thing and thanks to Urban Nomad, this route will now find its way on top of the weekend short ride itinerary.

Now about the ride on barcalad's duke. Words don't explain it. I wanted to check the grip level of the Michelin rear 150 as my Metz is pretty much on its way out. I think I must have ridden on it for 10-15 kms and I was mighty impressed both with how the tyre handled and how smooth the dukes engine was. I might get socked for it but the Michelin seemed to have more grip than Metz. That's a topic for another thread though.

Great ride, lets plan another one