Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 7th April 2017, 15:11   #181
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review

The Yamaha R3 has been removed from the list of motorcycles on the Yamaha India website.

Bhpians, any idea if a new version is coming soon to our shores? Possibly equipped with ABS?

Yamaha India
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-yamaha.png  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-r3.png  

Last edited by //M : 7th April 2017 at 15:15.
//M is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2017, 21:09   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
The Yamaha R3 has been removed from the list of motorcycles on the Yamaha India website.

Bhpians, any idea if a new version is coming soon to our shores? Possibly equipped with ABS?

Yamaha India
This is what I am aware of. Need not be 100% true.

1. The R3 which was running all this while was BS4 compliant but was done with the paper work of BS3. Hence some work needs to be done.
2. There could be some minor enhancement to make it ready beyond BS4 with the new lot that will start coming in soon.
3. Imports will be stopped till the new version is out or paper work is complete.

Now the existing ones, since quoted as BS3 cannot be sold anymore. The bike will be on sale after the new lot is back or appropriate paper work is done. Till then, existing owners, feel exclusive.

If Yamaha was planning to remove R3 so soon, they would not have thought of extending the recall to all R3 owners just a month or so back. Big cost to them. So one thing is for sure, no need to panic.
abhisheksircar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2017, 11:21   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
This is what I am aware of. Need not be 100% true.

1. The R3 which was running all this while was BS4 compliant but was done with the paper work of BS3. Hence some work needs to be done.
Hi Abhishek, our last YRC - Markonahalli ride was fun ( if you can recall me joining your group).
Are you a hundred percent sure that the existing R3s on road are BS4 compliant? There is an interesting thread on differences between BS3 and BS4 here by a Bhpian "Difference between BS3 and BS4 engines" look for the evaporative emission requirement for 2 wheelers. I will have a big smile if our R3s already have these carbon canisters fitted in the tank.

here are a few clicks from our last ride
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_072634.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_072818.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_092016.jpg  

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-img_20170409_092734.jpg  

aabhimanyu04 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 11:11   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aabhimanyu04 View Post
Hi Abhishek, our last YRC - Markonahalli ride was fun ( if you can recall me joining your group).
Are you a hundred percent sure that the existing R3s on road are BS4 compliant? There is an interesting thread on differences between BS3 and BS4 here by a Bhpian "Difference between BS3 and BS4 engines" look for the evaporative emission requirement for 2 wheelers. I will have a big smile if our R3s already have these carbon canisters fitted in the tank.

here are a few clicks from our last ride
Hey Abhimanyu !! I sure do remember and I can relate now with your team-bhp.com post

I am not even 1% sure on that as this came from one of our YRC discussions and quoted as a so called confirmed news. That said, the chances of R3 returning with proper BS4 stamping is quite high. As of now, everything is a rumor as even the Yamaha - India guys do not have a confirmed news. I wish we had a better picture, but alas.

Thanks for joining the last ride and the clicks ! Hope you enjoyed it. It was good to see the FZ-1 and the MT-09 join us. The MT-09 was a beauty.

Yamaha YZF-R3 : Detailed Ownership Review-virb008001.jpg

Taken from the Garmin Virb Ultra 30
abhisheksircar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote