Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 18th January 2016, 12:27   #31

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
KTM removes the head light switch on all models in India. Low beam and parking light will remain on at all times. ]
Hats off to KTM for being the first mover. I'm quite tired of explaining to people that I keep the parking light on intentionally. Hopefully people should get used to seeing lights on all the time as far as KTM is concerned.
anilp is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:59   #32
Default Re: Safety Measure: All bikes to have 'Auto Headlamps On' feature from April 2017

This should be done on all commuter bikes as well especially the entry level (Hero/Honda - 100 to 125 cc bikes. Most of the commuters on these bikes never care to turn on their light in the evening time until it is pitch dark. Many times I got a scare while driving in the evening and I drive extra carefully. Don't know what they save in terms of battery or fuel cost by not turning on the lights.

I know this will be made mandatory from 2017 onwards but what about the existing bikes, Will they be spared or they have to be retrofitted with such devices?
xs2mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 16:45   #33
Default Re: Safety Measure: All bikes to have 'Auto Headlamps On' feature from April 2017

Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
It is not because the population is lazy to switch it on, but rather lazy/miser to get the non working lights fixed.
I had read somewhere that over 75% of the Indian bikers do NOT have insurance. Perhaps that is the reason for not bothering to get the lights fixed.

In my opinion, this will apply only to new bikes. Retrofitting this onto existing bikes is not only infeasible, it is impossible. There will always be cases of shortage of spares, element of cost associated with this (no manufacturer will provide it for free) and of course, the laziness to go to the service center to get it done.

I'd like to see ABS kits for my thunderbird hit the market soon.
farhadtarapore is offline   Reply With Quote