Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 29th August 2016, 15:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: RMLC - My Tricolor Honda CBR250R ABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I see, you have bought yourself a Royal Honda Bullet
Jokes apart, these rust patches are mostly surface rust which has not penetrated the metal or paint. I agree a quality product must not rust like this, especially in a dry place like Gurgaon, however these can be easily cleaned by using a small quantity of WD40 or similar penetrating oil.
Sirjee,

You are spot on. its Honda for god's sakes. I paid 2.1 lakhs for this bike - I could've paid 30-40% lesser for a comparable KTM. I did so for peace of mind only. Except Honda doesn't care as long as they can sell a few million activa every year.

I am not going to remove that rust, esp since you diagnose it as being on the surface I am a "Fill it, Shut it, Forget it" person since forever. I already have my son, wife, job to keep happy - I cannot and will not invest any energy to make the CBR look rust-free. I simply bought a can of anti rust spray from Jeetu Paaji and sprayed it liberally in the key areas.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2016, 20:52   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sirjee,

You are spot on. its Honda for god's sakes. I paid 2.1 lakhs for this bike - I could've paid 30-40% lesser for a comparable KTM. I did so for peace of mind only. Except Honda doesn't care as long as they can sell a few million activa every year.

I am not going to remove that rust, esp since you diagnose it as being on the surface I am a "Fill it, Shut it, Forget it" person since forever. I already have my son, wife, job to keep happy - I cannot and will not invest any energy to make the CBR look rust-free. I simply bought a can of anti rust spray from Jeetu Paaji and sprayed it liberally in the key areas.
Rusting is a big problem in Mumbai. Even my 8 month old Mojo has some big rusting on it. Though I have started using the WD40 to remove the rust. For chain I keep on using the chain lube and it has helped me do away with rust completely.

Can you tell us more about this Can of Anti Rust spray that you are talking about, what brand, what's the name. Best if you can provide us with the snap of the spray. Can help many of us in here in Mumbai.
kailashnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2016, 13:49   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sirjee,

You are spot on. its Honda for god's sakes. I paid 2.1 lakhs for this bike.
I am not going to remove that rust,.
I have a 5 years old CBR 250R without a single rusting issue in it. Thanks to Salem & Trichy's weather.

And regarding fuel efficiency, i have never seen anything above 29 kmpl except for once (32 kmpl during a highway ride with my friend, where I had to keep speeds down to 90 kmph for his unicorn to keep up). Yes, I ride with T.W.O at all times.

My past Karizmas (ZMA -R and ZMR) have seen 19 kmpl most of the times, and even the ultra frugal 200, the Pulsar 200NS gave me 30 kmpl only.

But I dont mind the fuel efficiency at all. CBR250R is fun to ride (even when you are used to RC390/R3) till 120 kmph, but a bit sluggish beyond (I'm a big 120 kg dude).

Please post more pics. The tricolor looks great and is also very rare.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 22nd November 2016 at 03:12. Reason: Edited out mention of top speed as per forum rules.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote