Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 2nd December 2015, 18:39   #1
BHPian

Default Bad experience at Bajaj Auto Service, Bangalore - Circus recreated with motorcycles

How does it feel to own your dream bike and hand it over to some clowns to service it?

This is my experience with Auto Service, Banashankari for the last two years of owning the Ninja. The ownership report is documented in the following thread:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ust-white.html (My Fair Lady : The Kawasaki Ninja 300 - Pearl Stardust White)

The Stage:

A service center for all Bajaj motorcycles and also for Kawasaki/KTM bikes, starting from 100cc and all the way to the liter class. So, not a treat to the ears.

The Ring Masters (RM):

> The one dressed in Green is the man to look out for. His name is Suresh and does a fabulous job.
> Unlike most people who drop their bikes and leave, I stay at the service center, inside the cage, talking to the master, learning some tricks (to maintain the bike) and he allows me to sit there, watch him work his magic on the beast.

The Clowns:

> Most of them are either dressed in Orange or Green. But, you will find the odd one with either navy blue or some with casuals.
>>These are either newly hired, people who clean/polish the bikes or the mechanics who work on Bajaj motorcycles.

Tantrums

Most problems I have had are with these clowns:

>> One kid, tried to lift the Ninja, by holding the rear seat.
>> Multiple instances of guys opening & closing the throttle, with the bike turned off -> Why do people do this is beyond me!
>> Trying to turn the bike, with the side stand on. They lean the bike on the side stand and try turning it.
>> Washing is just about using the High pressure gun. They dont realize that it does not 'remove' the dirt.
>> Using the side stand and leaning the bike to lube the chain. This is by the same ring master who I had a good relationship with (so I thought).

The 'Flop' show:

I picked up a D390 recently and wanted to get the PPF done on the tank. So, another ring master, named Babu performed his antics. In less than 30 minutes, the sticker developed few bubbles. I rushed back to the circus but the RM was not present. Came back again in the evening and he had still not returned with his crew of jokers. Called him and explained the situation and came back the following day. RM takes a picture and tries to rectify it by using some injection, which makes the bubble break but leaves a mark on the tank. He then requests to be present the next day and he will invite some clowns from another circus called '3M'.

So, I, following the corporate culture of meeting invites, was present at 3PM as requested and witnessed these ill trained clowns jumping around like possessed maniacs, fiddling with customer's Ninja 650's and 300's and worse, even some customer's, who were hopping on to different machines, making a mockery out of someone's hard-earned property.

After nearly an hour, two buffoon's wearing the 3M attire entered their cage. Without even the slightest regret of arriving late nor a concern, he took the bike and started replacing the film. Only after I opened up with the Orange clown (RM) and gave a piece of my mind, did the buffoon realize and murmured something. Work done, I left the place without a word.

The Irony

The owner of this circus, named Shyam, apparently owns a Ninja as well and is a bike enthusiast.

With all due respect, if you're reading this, its high time you train everyone on how to treat the bikes. Irrespective of the model.

Please have a person to guard the vehicles. It is not your property and we trust your people to take care of our machines. Running a show with this kind of management and clowns is just ridiculous.

To my fellow bike enthusiasts - if you want to get your beloved rides polished, please take your bike to this place. They are the best. If you're looking at servicing or some respect, stay away.

Last edited by aviorp : 2nd December 2015 at 18:49.
aviorp is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 20:48   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: Bad experience at Bajaj Auto Service, Bangalore - Circus recreated with motorcycles

sorry to hear about your experience Avi.

i had been there this morning to get the chain tension checked, cleaned and lubed and also getting the radiator guard fixed. explained what i needed done and they got on to it within in a short time (another bike was being worked up on). in quick succession one after the other the tasks were completed without any wasted time. for most of the time i was there alongside the mechanic, but did take couple of coffee breaks, which didn't seem to have any affect on the pace of the work.

once the work was completed, the bike was taken for a test ride post which a much serious problem was discovered with the front fork assembly. it could have been ignored, but he took the time to explain what the problem was, how it would have happened and how it could be fixed. at no point of time did was i pressured into getting it fixed immediately or else..

the bike is scheduled for 3rd service in the next 1200kms (which will be munched pretty soon) and i was recommended to get the issue fixed during the paid service and was asked to ride carefully, specially while cornering.

comparing my experience with KTM Kasturba Road where i did my first two services and specially my last fiasco where they forgot to tighten the oil drain nut and the the there was a leakage caused - i think i like this place better. my 11k service is booked at Auto Service.

oh btw, when the fairing was removed to fix the radiator guard i was shocked to see the coolant reservoir empty! what the heck were they doing at the last service? so much for the great service from KTM!
IronH4WK is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2015, 21:17   #3
BHPian

Default re: Bad experience at Bajaj Auto Service, Bangalore - Circus recreated with motorcycles

I second every word you have just said aviorp.

I visited there to get the hazard light switch installed and they made me wait 2 hours first, then asked me to go to JC Road myself because all of their esteemed engineers were 'busy'.
Didn't get the switch and Ringmaster Babu asks me to come tomorrow. Took leave from office to visit again. Babu tells me to wait again. Asked him to lube my chain in the meantime. No, again - because there are Ninjas that need attention and I should wait for 'at least' 3 hours even if I want to get my chain lubed.

Now, I'm a very calm and composed guy, hence I visited Mr. Venkat Shyam who was sitting inside. Told him of the atrocious behaviour of his staff and of my crisis as I had taken 2 days leave from office straight. He calmly responds that His Excellency Babu will 'take care' of it. Hard to believe this fellow is a bike 'enthusiast' and a KNOG 'senior member'. Disgusted.

Lost my temper, stormed out to the parking area, threatened the guard to return my key (he was resisting to return my key!) or face my fist and wheel spinned my way out of there never to return again. Undoubtedly, the worst and the most un-customer friendly garage.

Avoid, at all costs.

Last edited by barcalad : 2nd December 2015 at 21:19.
barcalad is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 11:36   #4
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 3rd December 2015 at 12:54.
Avinash_R is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

My oh my - I can see that tempers are running high in this thread. Sorry to hear about the bad experiences.

I own a Duke 200, and have got it serviced twice at Auto Service and once at KTM Marthalli.

It is true that the mechanics at Auto Service work on ONLY one bike at a time - and I appreciate that. Yes, this do means that if I am late of if there is another bike in the bay, I have to wait. But when my bike is on the bay, the full attention is on my bike and I like that.

Also, I have never seen another ASS where you are encouraged to be with the bike and ask as many questions as you like. Also, they never push you to get something done.

But this does not means every thing is hunky dory and rosy there. Their spares parts department works at snails pace, and what I dread the most is making the payment - the billing and cash payment is SLOW.

So, from my experience, they are many levels above the usual ASS and until I find another, more competent ASS (which do not resemble a sunday market), my business is going to Auto Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post

The Stage:

A service center for all Bajaj motorcycles and also for Kawasaki/KTM bikes, starting from 100cc and all the way to the liter class. So, not a treat to the ears.
A slight correction - they are authorized to service only till Ninja 650. AFAIK, they do not take Z800 or bigger bikes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
oh btw, when the fairing was removed to fix the radiator guard i was shocked to see the coolant reservoir empty! what the heck were they doing at the last service? so much for the great service from KTM!
What is with the Bajaj ASS and not filling up coolant? The Marathalli KTM did the same to my bike.

--Anoop

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd December 2015 at 15:25.
theexperthand is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:42   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The bike is scheduled for 3rd service in the next 1200kms (which will be munched pretty soon) and i was recommended to get the issue fixed during the paid service and was asked to ride carefully, specially while cornering
Please stay with the bike and if you're bike is serviced by Suresh, you'll be quite happy. However, keep an eye on how they move your bike around, especially during the wash and clean process.

Quote:
I think i like this place better. my 11k service is booked at Auto Service
Quote:
So, from my experience..my business is going to Auto Service
Would love to hear both of your views after a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcalad View Post
..then asked me to go to JC Road myself because all of their esteemed engineers were 'busy'
Not surprised. I went to JC road to pick up the motul engine oil.

I missed this point in the original post - 'They cannot stock up parts like Engine Oil' - Its like running a fast food center and not selling Idli's.

Quote:
oh btw, when the fairing was removed to fix the radiator guard i was shocked to see the coolant reservoir empty
Quote:
Told him of the atrocious behaviour of his staff and of my crisis as I had taken 2 days leave from office straight.. Undoubtedly, the worst and the most un-customer friendly garage
How I wish Kawasaki had their own showroom and trained mechs

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
It is true that the mechanics at Auto Service work on ONLY one bike at a time - and I appreciate that.
Second that and I have no complaints with the way they work, when the bike is inside the cage. The problems are mainly with the way they move the bike around, cleaning, unavailability of parts and their lethargic attitude.

Quote:
A slight correction - they are authorized to service only till Ninja 650. AFAIK, they do not take Z800 or bigger bikes.
Are you sure? I have seen Z1000/Ninja 1000/ZX10R getting serviced here.
aviorp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2015, 15:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Sad to hear about your experience man. I think its just a roll of dice these days, which decides how the service center is going to treat you. Consistency is something which is a rare commodity in that field.

Came back after servicing the ninja from Auto service. This was my second visit, and i had left the bike overnight yesterday and picked it today.
No complaints, they could have probably cleaned the inside a lil more thoroughly but thats about it.
I know of a couple of other ninja owners who have been happy with the place as well, dont know about KTM service but from your and others responses, that doesnt seem to be too good.
sammyboy is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 15:09   #8

Default Re: Bad experience at Bajaj Auto Service, Bangalore - Circus recreated with motorcycles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
Are you sure? I have seen Z1000/Ninja 1000/ZX10R getting serviced here.
I had spoke to Venkat sir earlier and he confirmed that they don't service any CBU bikes. They service all CKD's.
Shreeniwas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote