Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 14th December 2015, 17:32   #1
Default What is the process to scrap a bike?

Hi All,
Some advice needed on what is the process to scrap a bike.

I had bought this bike Bajaj Calibre in 1999 june This was under finance and it got cleared in 2000 Dec and hypotheciation was removed from bajaj finance, and in 2001 feb i was supposed to relocate to A.P, so I took a NOC from the RTO Indiranagar. But never asked for any road tax refund. But situation also changed and I was not going to relocate to A.P for good. But I never cancelled my NOC, and I still got my insurance done and continued using it in Bangalore.

I know it was a mistake on my part to not to get it cancelled then itself, so what can be done now to resolve the issue.The road tax is paid in full in karnataka.
I tried to sell it 4 years back in bangalore, but due to the NOC, I was asked to get it cleared from AP which I never took the bike there. Given the cost of doing so and hassles and just for 11k resale I was to get. I dropped the idea, then used it for 1 years or so my self, and since then it needed maintenance and I stopped using it. My 2 wheeler license also expired. I now only use the 4 wheeler.
So I have been just waiting to get rid of this but don't know the process how to scrap it, don't want it to go into wrong hands and be used for doing any wrong things.
Its not in a good condition, I am sure even If i want to make it in a ride able condition easily I will have to spend 4k to 5k or more. Since its already 16 years, the bike can be scrapped.

Let me know where in Bangalore can this be done, I live in the Bellandur area on outer ring road.

Best regards
samsan02 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2015, 18:11   #2
Default re: What is the process to scrap a bike?

The right process to get a Motor vehicle scrapped is to approach the RTO where the vehicle is registered for a "Scrap Note".

For a "Scrap Note" everything needs to be in order:
1) Registration certificate
2) One Time Road Tax duly paid.
3) Insurance
4) PUC
5) No NOC etc...

I had to scrap my Late Fathers scooter which was not in my name so as per the process I was suggested to go to court and prove my right for the scooter, get it registered on my name and apply for the Scrap Note.

As this was too much of a trouble and money invested, I personally took the scooter to a "Bhangarwala" and made him break the scooter into more than 4-5 parts so that it was not usable at all.

He cut the chassis, break the engine into few parts. I ensure that he chiselled the chassis number into two different parts. I then took all these parts and threw them in a very big pile of heap of junk parts at different places so that no one can re-assemble the parts together. I clicked pictures of the whole process for my safety in future.

The "Bhangar wala" (The one who scraps) told me that even they do not take a risk to scrap the vehicle as a whole due to misuse of the vehicle by terrorists.
amit_purohit20 is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote