Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 10:39   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 38
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Going to be a year with mine. Clocked almost 10000kms. Its been a good ride.

Service support takes the cake. The guys at ALFA/Synergy/NAFS motors @Bangalore are very friendly and will ensure the bikes taken care of well. Personal attention given. Actually the service spoils you, as you begin to expect the same attention at other not so friendly places.

The bike does have some silly willy-wonka issues, but they are addressed asap. Goes quite a long way in re-affirming your faith in the product.

Regards
octy9833 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 12:45   #47
Newbie
 
Rahul4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tumkur to Chitradurga

Congratulations and indeed a detailed review of the bike.
I have an update
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
  • Overheating function- The bike is designed to restrict your rev limit to 5K rpm in case of overheating, it goes back to normal once the engine cools down- apparently, its not offered on other bikes in India.
This rev limiter when the biker is overheated is also available in the 2016 model of KTM RC 390. (available in my bike- KTM RC 390

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:49. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Rahul4 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 16:37   #48
BHPian
 
SamuraiJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
We had a Mojo behind our car, a week or two back and my friend asked whether it was a BMW! The street presence is HUGE. This guy additionally had a visor added and also had less.

Wanna check whether you had any niggles / problems in the last year of ownership. How much did you cover on the bike?
Niggles

Mirrors- ball joints suck, currently running on one pulsar mirror, changed in hampi.
Radiator pipe, had a leak recently, was replaced in 15 mins

Close to 10k now, the bike impresses you most on the highway, the USD give you an plush ride, and I mean car like. The engine is to fall in love with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul4 View Post
Congratulations and indeed a detailed review of the bike.

This rev limiter when the biker is overheated is also available in the 2016 model of KTM RC 390. (available in my bike- KTM RC 390
Thanks bro, I wasn't too sure when someone mentioned it too. Hope you enjoying your bad boy

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:51. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
SamuraiJack is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 20:03   #49
Newbie
 
Rahul4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 24
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Tumkur to Chitradurga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiJack View Post
Thanks bro, I wasn't too sure when someone mentioned it too. Hope you enjoying your bad boy
Haha ya enjoying the beast but it heats up like in the summer heats! Enjoy!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 25th May 2017 at 08:51. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
Rahul4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 19:49   #50
BHPian
 
SamuraiJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 129 Times
Thumbs up Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Did a Bangalore/ Dharwar ride two weeks back, the bike as usual was flawless. With no cross winds- I was doing 140 with ease. The front heavy setup just makes sense on the fast highways, keeps the bike stable. Also visited the Hubli Mojo service center for a general check up. Minor fork sound fixed and bike washed, approx 300 bucks bill, which included a changed mirror. The mirrors still suck, keep moving inwards, especially the left one, had a not so scary experience when a That creeped up on my left hand side on the highway. Envied the Harley street Bob and Triumph tiger solo riders who zippped past. This bike is just too good at its budget, hopefully will be travelling to Munnar/ Cochin this week for a dear friend's wedding.

I notice a need for Ride on Air seat and Grandpitt autos mushroom tyre puncture kit and Electric air pump. Although the tyres are in good shape just a precaution.

Although insane, this bikes makes me want to get on the highway often, and a big factor is on how reliable its been on all my long rides, I own a Ciaz, which is new, and equally economical and way too comfortable, I still feel like riding.
SamuraiJack is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 20:37   #51
BHPian
 
marcussantiago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Delhi
Posts: 87
Thanked: 226 Times
Default Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

It's a shame that Mahindra dropped out of the two-wheeler segment.

A friend of mine sold his KTM RC 200 to buy a Mojo back when it was an absolutely new bike. We all thought he had lost his mind... until we got to see it in real life.

The weird thing about the Mojo is that somehow it looks terrible in pretty much any and every photo you see online or in a magazine, but it's just stunning in real life. Really beautiful, with a premium kind of finish to where you assume it's some exotic import. Up close it looks really solidly built with the kind of attention to detail that reminds you of any exotic superbike. And I'm not one to be easily impressed.

It's also probably the best-sounding bike under 4 lacs. Just a lovely, sonorous, deep exhaust note that isn't obnoxiously loud or ugly-sounding.

The Mojo is right up there with the KTMs in terms of maximum bang-for-your-buck value for money. In the first week that my friend owned his Mojo, he effortlessly did 1,000 km of riding.

The only complaints I've heard from people who own Mojos is that the salespeople are idiots for the most part, and Mahindra seems to have done very little to really promote the bike and sell it. A friend went for a test ride and my friend knew more about the Mojo than the salespeople themselves. And the test bike had been in at least one bad crash and poorly repaired because the wheels were out of alignment. The other factor to worry about is the dubious after-sales and service. And yes, the name is controversial, I know people that wouldn't consider buying it simply because they find the name too embarrassing, lol.

tl;dr the Mojo gets a lot of flack, and deserves very little of it. It's an amazing bike with unbeatable value for money considering its budget. If I didn't already own a Duke 390, I would have absolutely bought a Mojo.
marcussantiago is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2017, 20:45   #52
BHPian
 
SamuraiJack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 169
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Review: My Mahindra Mojo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussantiago View Post
It's a shame that Mahindra dropped out of the two-wheeler segment.

A friend of mine sold his KTM RC 200 to buy a Mojo back when it was an absolutely new bike. We all thought he had lost his mind... until we got to see it in real life.

The weird thing about the Mojo is that somehow it looks terrible in pretty much any and every photo you see online or in a magazine, but it's just stunning in real life. Really beautiful, with a premium kind of finish to where you assume it's some exotic import. Up close it looks really solidly built with the kind of attention to detail that reminds you of any exotic superbike. And I'm not one to be easily impressed.

It's also probably the best-sounding bike under 4 lacs. Just a lovely, sonorous, deep exhaust note that isn't obnoxiously loud or ugly-sounding.

The Mojo is right up there with the KTMs in terms of maximum bang-for-your-buck value for money. In the first week that my friend owned his Mojo, he effortlessly did 1,000 km of riding.

The only complaints I've heard from people who own Mojos is that the salespeople are idiots for the most part, and Mahindra seems to have done very little to really promote the bike and sell it. A friend went for a test ride and my friend knew more about the Mojo than the salespeople themselves. And the test bike had been in at least one bad crash and poorly repaired because the wheels were out of alignment. The other factor to worry about is the dubious after-sales and service. And yes, the name is controversial, I know people that wouldn't consider buying it simply because they find the name too embarrassing, lol.

tl;dr the Mojo gets a lot of flack, and deserves very little of it. It's an amazing bike with unbeatable value for money considering its budget. If I didn't already own a Duke 390, I would have absolutely bought a Mojo.
True, every word you say, coming from a 390 owner.. Its a huge compliment.

This bike is something bro, especially if you want a long distance bike, the heavy duty fuel tank, heavy duty shox and of course heavy duty sound, just makes you want to take the long road again and again and again.
SamuraiJack is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mahindra Mojo 300cc with ABS caught testing! The Great Motorbikes 4 29th August 2017 16:59
Mahindra Mojo - First bike delivered in India jaysmokesleaves Motorbikes 172 28th February 2017 22:42
PIC : Mahindra's Mojo 300cc caught testing near Pune. EDIT: Now Launched Redline6800 Motorbikes 229 17th November 2016 15:48
Mahindra Mojo / R15 / P220 / Ninja / Imported 250/400 cc? RX135 Motorbikes 41 17th November 2010 10:33
Car Wars: The City strikes back. How I bought an ANHC & got my mojo back chaostheory Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 14 17th January 2010 21:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:40.

Copyright 2000 - 2018, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks