Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Motorbikes

Old 31st August 2016, 08:41   #46
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Overall it was a FLOP SHOW and left a bitter experience for me.
I avoid routes whenever such group rides get planned, forget about being part of it.

Quote:
Problem 1: Water getting accumulated in the head lamp assembly and center console.
Please check if water gets evaporated in few days, but both indicate imperfect sealing.

Quote:
Problem 2: Oil leakage from engine block.
Quite unheard of in KTM, this is generally RE trait. Please have it checked at service center.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 16:40   #47
BHPian

Default Re: From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp417 View Post
Problem 2: Oil leakage from engine block.

A fellow rider pointed this issue to me during the ride. His Duke also had similar problem and told me to take the bike to service center.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Quite unheard of in KTM, this is generally RE trait. Please have it checked at service center.
This is the most happening on the Dukes after the rim bend/ cracks. Nothing to worry about. If you find a lot of leakage then you need to take it to SVC ASAP. There are some riders who I know personally and who have replaced the gasket more than a couple of times. Even I had to replace the same after 26k on the odo recently.

It is an hour job but better if the bike is not started overnight to allow the sealant to dry off completely. You can also plan this along with a service if you are in close range.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 17:10   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
This is the most happening on the Dukes after the rim bend/ cracks. Nothing to worry about. If you find a lot of leakage then you need to take it to SVC ASAP. There are some riders who I know personally and who have replaced the gasket more than a couple of times. Even I had to replace the same after 26k on the odo recently.

It is an hour job but better if the bike is not started overnight to allow the sealant to dry off completely. You can also plan this along with a service if you are in close range.
I posted the issue on Duke 390 thread and many members have confirmed about this known issue in Duke. I am glad the fix is already known.
Plan to take the bike to SVC this Friday to get it checked and fixed. I am not sure whether it will be possible not to start the bike after it's fixed since I wait at SVC till the bike is being serviced.
mp417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2016, 23:30   #49
BHPian

KTM - DO IT YOURSELF Session

Got the invitation from Sai Service to attend DIY session at Wakdewadi showroom on 27th August @ 4 pm.
Around 25 other KTM owners attended this session. Entire Sai Service KTM team was present as well. KTM's Service manager of Maharashtra Mr. Milind conducted the 45 minutes session. He used the KTM DIY slideshow. Posting the slideshow from ebonho's Duke 200 thread. The same details were used during this session.

KTM training DIY customer.pdf

Session ended with Q & A and it was interesting. KTM guys were able to answer most of the queries.

At the end of the session I showed the two problems to Mr. Milind and he asked to visit service center. He took photos and noted down my registration number.

From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-diy1.jpg

From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-diy2.jpg

From XUV500 to Ertiga to Avenger to KTM Duke 200! How I fell in love with Orange-diy3.jpg

Overall I liked the idea of conducting such sessions. This certainly helps in better brand building. Time worth spent
mp417 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote